Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
So says Mike Reiss:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/
January 18, 2007
Harrison at practice
Safety Rodney Harrison was present for the start of today’s Patriots practice. The team was in shorts/sweatpants, shells, and helmets. Harrison is listed as doubtful for Sunday’s game.

We’ll have more in a bit.

Yeah NFL network, he's out for Sunday's game. :rolleyes:

Now, it's likely that he won't play, but if he's on the practice field there's a chance that he will.

Last edited:
Yeah Baby.. I was just reading that too...
I wont read to much into him being there, but it's better than not being at practice

Honestly, I like the way Sanders and Hawkins are playing right now, I'd rather see Rodney in the Superbowl FULLY HEALTHY than playing in this game at 50-60%

Just my .02

He and his wife just had their second child last week in Atlanta. Rodney would not be at practice unless he had more than reasonable chance at playing this week. This is great news.

Honestly, I like the way Sanders and Hawkins are playing right now, I'd rather see Rodney in the Superbowl FULLY HEALTHY than playing in this game at 50-60%

Just my .02

I tend to agree that the Sanders/Hawkins duo has performed admirably while Harrison has been out and would be better then having Rodney at 50-60%, however if he can play having him for Sunday would be huge if the Pats want to be phyical with Indy's recievers. Sanders is pretty physical but Hawkins is a transplanted CB playing Safety, and sort of lacking in physicality.

they must be just testing out his knee and how its holding up when cutting and with a brace etc

I tend to agree that the Sanders/Hawkins duo has performed admirably while Harrison has been out and would be better then having Rodney at 50-60%, however if he can play having him for Sunday would be huge if the Pats want to be phyical with Indy's recievers. Sanders is pretty physical but Hawkins is a transplanted CB playing Safety, and sort of lacking in physicality.

Agreed...but if his mobility is in question, I say rest him Rodney is a much better run stopper than a coverage guy, and I'd hate to see Dallas Clark burn him when there are more mobile guys who are playing well together sitting on the sideline. I love Harrison, if only he were a rookie again! :(

I think just having him suited up and having his leadership available would be huge. Even if it's only for a few plays.

He and his wife just had their second child last week in Atlanta. Rodney would not be at practice unless he had more than reasonable chance at playing this week. This is great news.

Hm... VERY interesting point. Not sure I totally agree, I think it's more likely he needs to slowly get back into the swing of things. Would love to see us win without him and have him healthier for the Super Bowl. However, I'd love to see #37 busting heads on the field in Indy.

from Shalise Manza Young projo's blog: "He tried to hide from the cameras, stretching as far away from them as possible, but we spotted him."

http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/PatsBlog/

Interesting. Could be read 2 ways He doesn't want them to see how bad he looks or doesn't want the Colts to see how good he looks.

:yeahthat:

I agree. Rodney on the bench and available for emergency duty or for running situations is good, but the danger of him getting burned is not good.

//

I heard that he was on the field practicing. This was on the faint signal I get up here on my car radio from WEEI.

I almost drove off the road. :singing: Yesterday I did post that I wouldn't be surprised to see him upgraded to questionable by Friday. Rodney at 85% is worth having out there as long as he is not in danger of reinjuring that strain.

We will just have to see how it goes today and tomorrow.

I heard that he was on the field practicing. This was on the faint signal I get up here on my car radio from WEEI.

I almost drove off the road. :singing: Yesterday I did post that I wouldn't be surprised to see him upgraded to questionable by Friday. Rodney at 85% is worth having out there as long as he is not in danger of reinjuring that strain.

We will just have to see how it goes today and tomorrow.
Have those butterflies in the stomach, Nut?

from Shalise Manza Young projo's blog: "He tried to hide from the cameras, stretching as far away from them as possible, but we spotted him."

http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/PatsBlog/

Interesting. Could be read 2 ways He doesn't want them to see how bad he looks or doesn't want the Colts to see how good he looks.

Just heard the good news on EEI! BTW, I happened to be at the first practice this summer when Rodney made his first appearance, and he did the same thing. He went way over to the other side of the field and in general tried to keep a low profile. It could just be his way of concentrating and not wanting to get a whole lot of attention while he's concentrating on his rehab.

This from Tomase:
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/
Rodney Harrison did his best today to keep a low profile at practice, sitting on the far end of the field with the offensive players and chatting up long snapper Lonie Paxton. His blue jersey, among all the offensive whites, made him stand out. While the practice was in shorts and shells, it looked like Harrison was wearing only a jersey with his shoulders bare.

Looks like maybe it is just wishful thinking.

Just heard the good news on EEI! BTW, I happened to be at the first practice this summer when Rodney made his first appearance, and he did the same thing. He went way over to the other side of the field and in general tried to keep a low profile. It could just be his way of concentrating and not wanting to get a whole lot of attention while he's concentrating on his rehab.

I remember that. It was a total surprise. I remember telling you that I was gald it was not teh next day or my head would have exploded.

And, I went down the next day and he fully participated in the moring practice, then went for treatment for the afternoon session.

Have those butterflies in the stomach, Nut?

Kind of excited, but don't want to see him play unless he is 85-90%. He could be because strains can heal quickly once they go past a certain mark.

Kind of excited, but don't want to see him play unless he is 85-90%. He could be because strains can heal quickly once they go past a certain mark.
Like I said just the emotional feeling that he gives the team seems strong.

Ha Ha!! What a move - mess with the Colts' and the rest of the NFLs' heads! Even if he doesn't play, now they'll have to at least address him in practice!

Sanders is playing pretty nice, if Rodney isn't 100%, I wouldn't send him out there. And it's not to avoid injury, I just think Sanders, who has been playing well for quite some time, is going to be more effective than a less than 100% Rodney who has only played twice since mid season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing