Rodney article by Jackie Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
A good read.
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/07/27/speed_recovery/?page=1

From the article:
-There were a couple of times in training camp last year that [tight end] Ben Watson ran past me," Harrison acknowledged. "I was there, but I couldn't get him. So I started questioning myself. I mean, I'm running around out there with this big knee brace on."
He has been around long enough to detect the concern in the faces of his teammates and his coaches. Nobody said anything, because, after all, he was coming off major knee surgery, but they saw what he felt: He wasn't the same.-

- I was close," Harrison said. "If we had won that game, I would have played in the Super Bowl. But I'll tell you what made me nervous. When we got up, 21-3, I started getting phone calls. About eight different people called me and said, 'Man, we're pumped. We're booking flights. We're getting tickets.'
"I hung up on every one of them. I said, 'It's not over.' Click. 'It's not over.' Click. Because I knew what the Indianapolis Colts were capable of. It's never over with them because they score so quickly.-

-But it was a struggle. Harrison kept waiting for his bounce to return, waiting to feel . . . like himself. He contemplated retirement, then pushed that notion away, then contemplated it again.
"I just didn't feel that good in January or February," he said-

-Rodney Harrison is looking forward now, not back. His success at minicamp has convinced him his career is not over.
Not yet.
"What happened at minicamp was very, very, very important," Harrison explained. "It was about mobility, movement. It was a huge step in my progress. They always told me the second year after an ACL is where you see everything take off."-

Very good read, good to hear Rodney had that speed back in minicamp this year. I also like the part about Meriweather following him around everywhere.

This is the Rodney we need to see coming in to camp. Excellent.

I'm boycotting MacMullen for her disgraceful article blaming BB for Ted Johnson's supposed problems. If I read her again it will be purely accidental.

Every time Rodney talks, he gives us another reason to admire him.

And still, that fictional "Get Paid" tattoo makes an appearence...

And still, that fictional "Get Paid" tattoo makes an appearence...

Why do you call it Fictional? You act as if it doesn't exist.

I will not make predictions about Rodney for this yesr, as I did last year. May have been bad luck.

I'll just let my sig say it all.

From an interview with Asante at ESPN:

Q: Speaking of trying to make you look bad, the media has had a field day with that tattoo of yours: "Get Paid."

A: Actually, they got it wrong. It says, "Get Rich To This." Gnarls Barkley came out with a song, "Get Rich To This." I take it to mean that whatever you're doing -- and it's not just about making money -- just get rich to this. You're doing your best. You're going all out. You want to succeed and do the best you're doing.

It doesn't, and it was revealed early last week. But it's easier to portray him as a greedy ingrate with a "Get Paid" tattoo than without.

I freakin love Rodney!! Wish we had 53 Rodney Harrison's on this team.

I'm boycotting MacMullen for her disgraceful article blaming BB for Ted Johnson's supposed problems. If I read her again it will be purely accidental.

I'm with ya Pony.

I freakin love Rodney!! Wish we had 53 Rodney Harrison's on this team.

Rodney, Tedy Bruschi, Troy Brown, Mike Vrabel, Tom Brady.

Um, how are we ever going to replace these guys?

Easy. Sanders, Alexander, Welker, Kareem Brown, and Guitierrez. :eek: Next...

The easy answer is, you don't! Appreciate them while they are here, and hope to replace with a reasonable facsimile!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes