PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rod Woodson and Jamie Dukes laugh at Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manning's playoff record with a top 10 defense: 5 seasons, 2-5, 1 Superbowl appearance, no Superbowl wins.

Brady's playoff record with a top 10 defense: 6 seasons, 13-3, 4 Superbowl appearances, 3 Superbowl wins.

Manning's playoff record with a top 2 defense: 2 seasons, 0-2.

Brady's playoff record with a top 2 defense: 3 seasons, 8-1, 2 Superbowl wins.

Manning never has had good defenses like Brady. Just another lie created by the Manning suckups

actually they didnt have good defenses in the regular season but all or most their playoff losses have been because their offense stinked. their D held their own in most game.
2003- manning and co scored 14 pts
2004 -manning and co scored 3 pts
2005- manning and co vs the steelers scored 21 ?
2006-only yr he pulled his team out for a great win in the AFCC
2007- knocked out again by billy volek no less

actually they didnt have good defenses in the regular season but all or most their playoff losses have been because their offense stinked. their D held their own in most game.
2003- manning and co scored 14 pts
2004 -manning and co scored 3 pts
2005- manning and co vs the steelers scored 21 ?
2006-only yr he pulled his team out for a great win in the AFCC
2007- knocked out again by billy volek no less

2002 #7 defense
2005 #1 defense
2007 #2 defense
2008 #7 defense
2008 #8 defense

Those are all regular season stats for the Colts. I would consider all of them good defenses.

Ownage.
icon14.gif

Just for the hell of it, and I'm not sure what this proves if anything, but I felt like looking into it.

First rounders that each QB has played on the field with:

Tom Brady: Antowain Smith (1997 - BUF), Damien Woody (1999 - NE), Terry Glenn (1996 - NE), Charles Johnson (1994 - PIT), Daniel Graham (2002 - NE), Benjamin Watson (2004 - NE), J.J. Stokes (1995 - SF), Logan Mankins (2005 - NE), Laurence Maroney (2006 - NE), Randy Moss (1998 - MIN), Donte' Stallworth (2002 - NO), Kyle Brady (1995 - NYJ), Fred Taylor (JAC - 1998), Kendall Simmons (PIT - 2002), Joey Galloway (SEA - 1995)

Peyton Manning: Marshall Faulk (1994 - IND), Marvin Harrison (1996 - IND), Tarik Glenn (1997 - IND), Tony Mandarich (1989 - GB), Craig Heyward (1988 - NO), Edgerrin James (1999 - IND), Reggie Wayne (2001 - IND), Dallas Clark (2003 - IND), Joseph Addai (2006 - IND), Anthony Gonzalez (2007 - IND), Donald Brown (2009 - IND)

Brady's actually played with more guys with 1st round pedigrees, but the majority were past their primes. Also, Brady played a combined 30 seasons with his guys... but Manning played a combined 58 seasons with his.

saying Brady played with more first round talent is a flawed arguement. Look at some of the skill position players. How long did Brady play with them: Galloway - 1 yr, Terry Glenn - couple of games, Charles Johnson and JJ Stokes - who knows. Kyle Brady - 1 yr. Your right about them all being past their primes, and you can include them being flat out busts too. But Manning had the advantage of having players for many years. Harrison - 11 years, Wayne - 10 years, Clark - 8 years, etc. You get the idea. You ad those up and I am sure Manning is well ahead of Brady.

saying Brady played with more first round talent is a flawed arguement. Look at some of the skill position players. How long did Brady play with them: Galloway - 1 yr, Terry Glenn - couple of games, Charles Johnson and JJ Stokes - who knows. Kyle Brady - 1 yr. Your right about them all being past their primes, and you can include them being flat out busts too. But Manning had the advantage of having players for many years. Harrison - 11 years, Wayne - 10 years, Clark - 8 years, etc. You get the idea. You ad those up and I am sure Manning is well ahead of Brady.

Exactly. I mentioned Manning had more years -- with more elite talent around him -- than Brady.

Manning also has the benefit of playing most of his career games indoors, while Brady regularly plays out in the cold Northeast.

The irritating thing about this arguement is that these clowns obviously dont look at the facts. Brady has consistantly won and put up stats with multiple o-coordinators and players. 2001 & 03 - Weiss, A Smith, T Brown, D Patten, J Wiggins. 2004 - Weiss, Branch, Givens, Dillon & Graham. 2006 - Not sure who O-coordinator was, Maroney, Caldwell, Gaffney, Watson. 2007 - McDaniels, Moss, Welker, Maroney, Watson.

By my account Brady has had 4 different O-Coordinators (Weiss, McDaniels, O'Brien and I think a year with an unknown one), 4 differents sets of #1 & #2 WR's (Brown/Patten, Branch/Givens, Caldwell/Gaffney, Moss/Welker) 4 different RBs (Smith, Dillon, Maroney, BJGE) and who knows how many TE's (Wiggins, Ritledge, Graham, Watson, Fauria, Gronk, Hernandez) and he has still consistantly won and put up numbers. Pardon my french, but screw these two. They have no idea what they are saying. They are either dumb, stupid or just have that much hatred of Brady. Winning is a team thing? Look at all of the different players and coaches Brady has had on his team? System QB? Same thing. Look at Manning and the consistancy he has had at O-Coordinator and WR. Thats a system for ya. Same pieces in place for years.

Show me one other QB who could get 1 minute away from a SB with Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney as his #1 and #2 wr?

Last edited:
And to think we're one miracle catch from him probably being in the single digits on their ****ty list.

Who cares what those paint chip eating dolts think? When people dislike a player, they will go to any lengths in their head to rationalize their dislike of them or why someone else is superior.

Paint chip! Lead paint I assume. Good one.

I think the reason a lot of people hate the Patriots is because there is an erroneous impression of the Patriots being The White Team or at least a team of boy scouts and do-gooders. You would think that guys like Rodney and Corey Dillion would have put that impression to rest but it seems to live on.

Ownage.
icon14.gif

Just for the hell of it, and I'm not sure what this proves if anything, but I felt like looking into it.

First rounders that each QB has played on the field with:

Tom Brady: Antowain Smith (1997 - BUF), Damien Woody (1999 - NE), Terry Glenn (1996 - NE), Charles Johnson (1994 - PIT), Daniel Graham (2002 - NE), Benjamin Watson (2004 - NE), J.J. Stokes (1995 - SF), Logan Mankins (2005 - NE), Laurence Maroney (2006 - NE), Randy Moss (1998 - MIN), Donte' Stallworth (2002 - NO), Kyle Brady (1995 - NYJ), Fred Taylor (JAC - 1998), Kendall Simmons (PIT - 2002), Joey Galloway (SEA - 1995)

Peyton Manning: Marshall Faulk (1994 - IND), Marvin Harrison (1996 - IND), Tarik Glenn (1997 - IND), Tony Mandarich (1989 - GB), Craig Heyward (1988 - NO), Edgerrin James (1999 - IND), Reggie Wayne (2001 - IND), Dallas Clark (2003 - IND), Joseph Addai (2006 - IND), Anthony Gonzalez (2007 - IND), Donald Brown (2009 - IND)

Brady's actually played with more guys with 1st round pedigrees, but the majority were past their primes. Also, Brady played a combined 30 seasons with his guys... but Manning played a combined 58 seasons with his.
Yeah...it doesn't prove anything but since you took the time to do this why did you even include players that weren't in New England for a full season.

Last edited:
Yeah...it doesn't prove anything but since you took the time to do this why did you even include players that weren't in New England for a full season.

Where do you draw the line, then? Was I supposed to pretend Terry Glenn's 7 catch, 110 yard, 1 TD game against San Diego in a 29-26 overtime win never happened?

I wasn't looking to prove any point or slight against my favorite team, I was just sharing some findings I had.

Where do you draw the line, then? Was I supposed to pretend Terry Glenn's 7 catch, 110 yard, 1 TD game against San Diego in a 29-26 overtime win never happened?

I wasn't looking to prove any point or slight against my favorite team, I was just sharing some findings I had.
I know but Kendall Simmons (PIT - 2002) and Joey Galloway (SEA - 1995) :(

I know but Kendall Simmons (PIT - 2002) and Joey Galloway (SEA - 1995) :(

Yeah, I know. Thing is I included them because I included Mandarich and Heyward for the Colts, and I have no idea how much of an impact they had on the '98 Colts, if any.

One guy I did omit was Bledsoe because obviously he and Brady never shared the field at the same time.

Manning also has the benefit of playing most of his career games indoors, while Brady regularly plays out in the cold Northeast.

Yeah, but Manning's going to learn what it's like to play in outdoor cold weather. He's scheduled to play in Denver, Washington, Philadelphia, and New England.......Nevermind. The league scheduled all those games to be played before Thanksgiving. After Thanksgiving he's playing in Tennessee, in Oakland, and at home.

I'm sure the league isn't consciously trying to make a schedule to help Manning avoid the worst outdoor elements at the worst time of the year. I'm sure of it.

Yeah, I know. Thing is I included them because I included Mandarich and Heyward for the Colts, and I have no idea how much of an impact they had on the '98 Colts, if any.

One guy I did omit was Bledsoe because obviously he and Brady never shared the field at the same time.
Brady or Bledsoe at receiver you know I wonder who is faster? :D

Yeah, but Manning's going to learn what it's like to play in outdoor cold weather. He's scheduled to play in Denver, Washington, Philadelphia, and New England.......Nevermind. The league scheduled all those games to be played before Thanksgiving. After Thanksgiving he's playing in Tennessee, in Oakland, and at home.

I'm sure the league isn't consciously trying to make a schedule to help Manning avoid the worst outdoor elements at the worst time of the year. I'm sure of it.

I also found it rather convenient that the Colts get to face the Pats four days before their Turkey Day game in Detroit. Scale back much? No doubt NaPolian had a hand in this with the competition committee.

James Dukes once said he would take Mike Vick over Manning or Brady

James Dukes once said he would take Mike Vick over Manning or Brady
Yes he would, in the rack...I'm headed straight to hell for that...

No offense to Elway, but he had so many questions about winning the big one throughout his entire career until the very end, when he finally won back-to-back on the back of Terrell Davis.

As for Marino, sure he played on some pretty average teams. But I still expect more than an 8-10 career play-off record and only one Super Bowl. For some perspective, Tony Eason led the Pats to one Super Bowl. There's no way Marino can be GOAT.

Marino and Peyton can fight over who the greatest regular season QB is though. I would give it to either of them over Tom. But if we're including play-offs, no way I take either of them over Brady.

No offense to Elway, but he had so many questions about winning the big one throughout his entire career until the very end, when he finally won back-to-back on the back of Terrell Davis.

As for Marino, sure he played on some pretty average teams. But I still expect more than an 8-10 career play-off record and only one Super Bowl. For some perspective, Tony Eason led the Pats to one Super Bowl. There's no way Marino can be GOAT.

Marino and Peyton can fight over who the greatest regular season QB is though. I would give it to either of them over Tom. But if we're including play-offs, no way I take either of them over Brady.

Elway played on real bad teams though. He had to do it all himself when he was younger, then he had Wade freaking Phillips as his head coach for a few years. No QB ever could win the big one with Wade

With the logic you use in your post, my guess is Joe Montana is your #1?

Last edited:
Elway played on real bad teams though. He had to do it all himself when he was younger, then he had Wade freaking Phillips as his head coach for a few years. No QB ever could win the big one with Wade

With the logic you use in your post, my guess is Joe Montana is your #1?

You're right, Elway played on some awful teams under some awful coaches. But he still managed to find a way to go to 3 Super Bowls compared to Marino's 1. I don't know if I'd put Montana first. But I think that has more to do with the homer in me. I'd love to see Brady win a few more Super Bowls and take over that top spot.

But really, I'd just like to see more respect given to QBs like Montana and Brady than Marino and Manning. Winning always counts for more in my book than the passing stats.

Of course, there are still several years before we can properly evaluate Brady and Manning amongst the all-time greats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down