PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robert Quinn, Marvin Austin, Greg Little Dismissed from UNC; Quinn Banned from NCAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robert Quinn, Marvin Austin, Greg Little Dismissed from UNC; Quinn Banned from NC

Meriweather was the LEGAL OWNER of the handgun he used in SELF DEFENSE. There were no charges.

Here in the US where we have the 2nd Amendment it happens more often than many would think.

That's not the point, why he is in a place with people shooting each other? What sort of people was he involved with?

Why did he stomp on someone in a brawl? There were legit character concerns, not an NCAA violation.

Last edited:
Re: Robert Quinn, Marvin Austin, Greg Little Dismissed from UNC; Quinn Banned from NC

If Luck declares and Carolina passes on him at #1, then someone needs to be fired. Luck is the best QB in college football. The best sophomore QB I have seen in a many a year. Period!

They just drafted Clausen, makes no sense at all.

I don;t know, i saw a lot of Willie when he was at USC and he was a beast among boys. I remember that USC used him sometimes as a DT during his senior season. At this point in time, i think Willie was way ahead of Quinn.

I was about 10 when Willie was drafted. He was one of the guys that really got me into the Pats and football in general. Admittedly I didn't watch him at all in college. But yeah, my point was that I don't know if he's going to be as productive a player, but that he's built the same way physically.

If Clausen absolutely sucks and doesn't show signs of improving it makes plenty of sense.

Not sure if you watched Clausen at Notre Dame, but if you did, then you realize that Clausen has a low ceiling. If he maximizes his potential he could be a decent backup. There is a reason why everybody passed on him in the first round.

Luck projects to be a franchise QB. In a league where QB's control the fate of games like never before, getting a QB like Luck is huge for a franchise.

Not sure if you watched Clausen at Notre Dame, but if you did, then you realize that Clausen has a low ceiling. If he maximizes his potential he could be a decent backup. There is a reason why everybody passed on him in the first round.

Luck projects to be a franchise QB. In a league where QB's control the fate of games like never before, getting a QB like Luck is huge for a franchise.

I'm not sure i agree with the low ceiling bit. I saw a few games, not a whole lot. But I'm hearing on these boards is give the Patriots young defense time and all you guys wanna give Clausen is a year and give up on him. It's not even like that Carolina offense is talented, he has very few weapons.

Now, there's going to be a new coach there, so he may hate Clausen and go after "his guy". And luck may not even declare. They may not be in a spot to draft him (Buffalo). So you could be looking at Locker, or Quinn, or AJ Green.

Now, there's going to be a new coach there, so he may hate Clausen and go after "his guy". And luck may not even declare. They may not be in a spot to draft him (Buffalo). So you could be looking at Locker, or Quinn, or AJ Green.

You better hope that Luck declares if your a fan of a team that owns a top 3 pick and is in desperate need of a quarterback because Locker and Mallett don't look like franchise quaterbacks right now.

BB would absolutely consider drafting Quinn based on talent, performance and yes interview about his FBI. BB won't be dissuaded by a one-year on field absence -- witness BB's drafting of GRONK.

BB would absolutely consider drafting Quinn based on talent, performance and yes interview about his FBI. BB won't be dissuaded by a one-year on field absence -- witness BB's drafting of GRONK.

and tate, Im sure than have been others.

If Clausen absolutely sucks and doesn't show signs of improving it makes plenty of sense.

Not after one year of experience it doesn't. You don't spend a second round pick on a QB and give up on him after one year. When was the last time a team did that?

Not after one year of experience it doesn't. You don't spend a second round pick on a QB and give up on him after one year. When was the last time a team did that?

Let me get this straight, the rationality of a decision is based on the common practice of other teams?

If the evidence shows that someone doesn't have what it takes it's stupid for the team not to cut their losses, you might argue that they cannot have sufficient evidence after only 1 season but that's an entirely different argument.

Also, how long did it take for BB to send 3rd rounc pick O'Connell packing?

Let me get this straight, the rationality of a decision is based on the common practice of other teams?

If the evidence shows that someone doesn't have what it takes it's stupid for the team not to cut their losses, you might argue that they cannot have sufficient evidence after only 1 season but that's an entirely different argument.

Also, how long did it take for BB to send 3rd rounc pick O'Connell packing?
One full season and two training camps/preseasons.

The Freaking Raiders better not screw this up and start winning games on us....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes