PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robert Meachem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great piece. Sounds like Logan Mankins is going to have some competition for the NFL calf-roping crown!

Didn't read the piece, but knew Meachum and Mankins would have that in common. Meachum IMO, would be the ONLY WR we would draft early.

Didn't read the piece, but knew Meachum and Mankins would have that in common. Meachum IMO, would be the ONLY WR we would draft early.

I agree. If he's on the board when we draft, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger, other WRs on the roster be damned.

Although if Gonzo somehow falls to #91....

I really really like Meachem. It might not be a bad move to grab him if he's there at 28. He's big, fast, and has good hands. I imagine that if we draft him, and Stallworth & Washington don't prove themselves (thus they would be gone after the 2007 season), it'll be nice to have Meachem & Chad Jackson to fall back on. Despite the fact that I'd love to see him as a Patriot, and many, many, many mocks had us taking a WR pre-free agency, I don't see the Pats taking a WR in the first round. In my opinion, we MUST take a LB or a DB with the #24 pick (and #28), though with Pioli & Belichcik, I would not be surprised if we select an OL, TE or DE (Or punter ??) with pick #24, lol.

I really really like Meachem. It might not be a bad move to grab him if he's there at 28. He's big, fast, and has good hands. I imagine that if we draft him, and Stallworth & Washington don't prove themselves (thus they would be gone after the 2007 season), it'll be nice to have Meachem & Chad Jackson to fall back on. Despite the fact that I'd love to see him as a Patriot, and many, many, many mocks had us taking a WR pre-free agency, I don't see the Pats taking a WR in the first round. In my opinion, we MUST take a LB or a DB with the #24 pick (and #28), though with Pioli & Belichcik, I would not be surprised if we select an OL, TE or DE (Or punter ??) with pick #24, lol.

Sorry, Scott, but the only thing that the Patriots MUST do is continue to draft by the best VALUE available. IF they feel that is Meachum, then it will be Meachum. If they feel its Leonard, then they'll draft Leonard. If they feel its Grubbs, then it will be Grubbs.

I'm sorry, to say that the Patriots MUST draft a linebacker in round one is just pure fallacy. Just like its pure Fallacy to say they MUST draft a DB in round one.

If the better values aren't at those positions, they aren't going to be drafted.

Personally, I think that Bradley and DeOssie are better values than Siler, Harris and Beason. I also think that Wendling, Weddle, and Piscatelli are better values than Nelson or Merriweather or Griffin. But that is my opinion. I don't know what the Pats favor.

Sorry, Scott, but the only thing that the Patriots MUST do is continue to draft by the best VALUE available. IF they feel that is Meachum, then it will be Meachum. If they feel its Leonard, then they'll draft Leonard. If they feel its Grubbs, then it will be Grubbs.

I'm sorry, to say that the Patriots MUST draft a linebacker in round one is just pure fallacy. Just like its pure Fallacy to say they MUST draft a DB in round one.

If the better values aren't at those positions, they aren't going to be drafted.

Personally, I think that Bradley and DeOssie are better values than Siler, Harris and Beason. I also think that Wendling, Weddle, and Piscatelli are better values than Nelson or Merriweather or Griffin. But that is my opinion. I don't know what the Pats favor.

DaBruinz,

May I call you DB ? I agree with you 100%. That's why I said what I said about them fooling us with their picks. For example, I was shocked by the Logan Mankins pick a few years ago, and it worked out to be a great pick (I've seen Mankins name in a few articles about the top 10 Guards in the NFL).

I was shocked by the Deion Branch pick in the second round in 2002, since some publications had him rated a 6th or 7th rounder. I was so pissed, and was complaining all day, and then my ex-wife (wife at the time), who knew absolutely nothing about football said "Maybe he's the right pick for the Pat's system". Man, at that point, she showed she knew more about the Patriots way than I would ever know. I WAS right about Bethel "F*cking" Johnson in 2003 though. I was calling him Bethel "F*cking" Johnson that whole day in 2003.

I love the draft, it's like a freaking holiday for me, but I am ALWAYS showing, that after 35+ years of watching football, I have no clue about the draft. I know all of the names, 40 times, stats etc, but I don't know squat, lol.

Gotta agree with those who want Meachem and Russell (as espoused in another thread) in the 1st. If the Colts SB win proved anything it's that "offense wins". DBs and LBs are overrated in their contribution to a team's success. Give me a 45-41 shootout anyday!

Death to offensive holding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back