Robert Kraft Statement [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Sorry if this is already posted
9/14/07

New England Patriots Chairman and CEO has issued the following statement.

"This has been an extremely difficult week for our organization. The most troubling part for me, personally, is the impact these actions have had on our fans. We have spent the last 14 years developing and building a franchise that people could embrace and support. The loyalty of our fans has been the most rewarding aspect of owning the team. I am deeply disappointed that the embarrassing events of this past week may cause some people to see our team in a different light.

"After reviewing the facts of the past weekend, the commissioner has made a determination that our franchise engaged in activities that violate the league’s rules. He has determined the punishment and I accept it.

"I believe that Coach Belichick always tries to do what is best for the team and he is always accountable for his decisions. He has been a very important part of what our organization has accomplished over the last seven years. In this case, one of his decisions has resulted in a severe penalty for our franchise. He has paid a heavy price and so has our organization. He has apologized for his actions. I accept his apology and look forward to working with him as we move forward.

"It has been a distinct privilege to be involved in the National Football League since 1994. I am passionate about the league because it represents the ultimate in competition. To this end, the integrity of the game and competition between the 32 teams is of paramount importance to me. Whenever the commissioner believes that the integrity of the league’s competition is compromised, he must act decisively to protect it.

"In addition to our fans, I also feel for our players. I know how hard our players work and prepare for every game and their accomplishments speak for themselves. I look forward to returning all of our focus and energy to the field.”

Re: Robert Kraft Statement

There was to much on the line for Belichick to pull this bullsh!t.

I don't care who else was doing it. 3 Super bowls and a possible 4th this year will all have a * beside them for what? To prove a point?

Interesting that Mr Kraft understands how much this affects the fans. Clearly he is the brains behind the operation.

I don't care who else was doing it. 3 Super bowls and a possible 4th this year will all have a * beside them for what? To prove a point?

Iinteresting that Mr Kraft understands how much this affects the fans. Clearly he is the brains behind the operation.

Get over it it. Looks like Kraft has.

I would expect nothing but a classy statement from Robert Kraft and I’m thrilled he continues to support his coach.

Too bad he couldn't throw in the fact that stealing signals will not end Sunday and all teams will continue to attempt this as long as the league is in existence.

I CAN NOT wait for that snitch (ex-cameraman) Mangini and the Jets to return to Gillette Stadium. He started as the water boy and was then promoted to the camera man…and now he’s nothing but a snitch.

When the league sent out the memo telling teams they could no longer use cameras on the field…. BB looked at the memo, crumbled it up, snickered…and threw it in the trash. My guess is 10 teams had cameras on the field in last week’s games. We all know we will never see it again…but as always they will find another way to steal signals. It’s part of the game.

Bring on the Chargers!

I love him. Mr. Kraft has always been a class act. I am glad he is thinking of us.... He is right, there are a lot of us who have been with this team through thick and thin. I know I was still watching games when we only won a game or two per season instead of only losing one or two a year. Like it or not, whatever the coaches or players do reflects upon the Kraft family.

Iinteresting that Mr Kraft understands how much this affects the fans. Clearly he is the brains behind the operation.

The business brains are Mr Kraft. The field brains and football genious is Bill Belichick. Why else would Robert Kraft support him in his statement.

Relax. This too will pass.

Last edited:

Man, there's no damned asterix beside anything that PATS have done except in your own mind, and in the minds of petty little sh*ts who were never good enough to actually win anything. The rest of us know how much BS this whole issue is. If you cannot see through that, then perhaps you ought to wear sack cloth and ashes and just crawl off somewheres to sob.

Dude... get a life.

man up or find a new team to root for

clearly you weren't a fan when Patriots fans wore paper bags on their heads in the stands, when Sullivan got decked on the sideline, when the team and its organization were an embarassment in their very existence

This is one of the stupidest things I have read in a week of extremely stupid things being written.

EDIT: I stand corrected. This is stupider:

3 Super bowls and a possible 4th this year will all have a * beside them .

Last edited:

Just curious about your asterisk theory. Do you know when this rule against videotape was instituted?

Just curious about your asterisk theory. Do you know when this rule against videotape was instituted?

I did not say that I felt that this was the case.

In my mind the Patriots earned every win.

Don't kid yourself, many are using this to explain every win over the past 5 years.

And for those of you challanging my being "the right kind of fan" take a long walk off a short pier.

Lest we forget, he himself was a fan and season ticket holder!

I just want to get to kickoff on Sunday night and move past this c r a p!

Don't kid yourself, many are using this to explain every win over the past 5 years.

And for those of you challanging my being "the right kind of fan" take a long walk off a short pier.

Who gives a flying f*ck what "many" are "using this to explain"? "Many" scientologists "use" L.Ron Hubbard to "explain" the f*ing universe. Do you give a rat's as* about that?

Thought not.

All teams have a method to steal signals! Video technology is (was) one of the methods

How would the 2007 SB have an *? Because of 10 minutes of tape at the Jets game in Week 1?

If anything, it will remove all doubt and make all those * seekers look like the silly, envious pricks they are.

Who is in charge of putting the * besides the Patriots Championships?? Please inform us. Is there an official * giver?

I am happy to see that Kraft has a decent opinion about all this.
I hope he resigns BB to an extension NOW.

For some reason that statement made me feel a little emotional. I can really feel his disappointment.

There's no two ways around the fact that this is a huge mess, and the best we can do is win going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes