PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robert Kraft should sell the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
maxresdefault.jpg

No. He may be wimp but he's the best owner of the league. He has done more great for the team than bad. But his time has come and he needs to retire and pass the team on to Jonathan.

I understand why people hate Kraft. I also understand why people defend Kraft.

I don't understand people who think Robert should pass it onto Jonathan.

I mean, I understand the perception. But that's based on image. It's coordinated. They talk about this all beforehand. Jonathan isn't going to make any public statements that aren't in line with what is best for the team. Jonathan can take a more aggressive approach, and part of me wonders if Robert knows his image is so terrible, he'll take the unpopular positions and set his son up as a hero.

I like Jonathan. I don't think he's proven himself yet, although I think he's quite capable. But I wouldn't hand over the keys just because of some pre-rehearsed public posturing.

Scapegoating Kraft is poor form, his actions have nothing to do with what happened to Brady.. it was a parallel, but unrelated issue.

If Kraft fought this, what evidence do you have that it would be different?? I do not like what Kraft did, but we are only privy to a very small window of what was happening behind the scenes..

A whole lot of conjecture here and even more what ifs..

I understand why people hate Kraft. I also understand why people defend Kraft.

I don't understand people who think Robert should pass it onto Jonathan.

I mean, I understand the perception. But that's based on image. It's coordinated. They talk about this all beforehand. Jonathan isn't going to make any public statements that aren't in line with what is best for the team. Jonathan can take a more aggressive approach, and part of me wonders if Robert knows his image is so terrible, he'll take the unpopular positions and set his son up as a hero.

I like Jonathan. I don't think he's proven himself yet, although I think he's quite capable. But I wouldn't hand over the keys just because of some pre-rehearsed public posturing.

So who would you hand it to??.. Jonathan has worked hard for this team. How does he prove himself??

So who would you hand it to??.. Jonathan has worked hard for this team. How does he prove himself??

Sorry, it's early, that was a bit unclear on my part. There's no question Jonathan will get the team. And I do hope he's half the man his father was at his peak.

I'm just saying I don't understand why fans automatically assume handing it off will change things. They base that on rehearsed bits for the public. Jonathan and Robert are both actors on the public stage, playing their respective parts. But we have no clue how either of them really feel. We parse through their public words but they've been written for them in advance, pre-scripted, practiced.

Just because Jonathan has been more aggressive in public doesn't mean he's more aggressive in real life.

And for all his faults, Robert has done a ton for the team. It's hard to forgive what has happened over the past few years, but it should be equally hard to forget all of the positive things too.

He damaged the teams reputation a lot after Deflategate.
I just can't support this guy anymore.

To whom should Robert Kraft sell the New England Patriots?

The Kraft family has been great for the New England region through their ownership of the Pats and more importantly their charitable endeavors. However it is obvious to most that Bob can no longer effectively represent the interests of the team and its fans due to his slavish relationship to the persecutor of the team Goodell and his backstabbing fellow owners. The only realistic option is Jonathan and the time is now.

To whom should Robert Kraft sell the New England Patriots?
The Public! Oh, wait, that includes me...

The Knowledgeable Public! Oh, wait, that includes Captain Stone and he'd fire BB in a heartbeat....

The Knowledgeable, Pragmatic Public! Oh, wait, that's only like 30-40 posters here and maybe a handful of Dorito Dinks at various beer distributors and it might leave out Joker who is sometimes not that pragmatic and I'd really want him at the Owners Meetings to eff with J. Jones and J. Mara and share some batting practice with the late Commissioner.....

I guess I don't know.

He's an idiot. He helped create the monster that is Goodell today and publicly supported him when he definitely shouldn't have. That said, as far as owning a team the right way (I.E. - staying the hell out of the way and letting people who know what they're doing take care of that side of things), he's about as good as you can get. He's a **** and he's as greedy as they come (like the rest of the owners), but I'd rather have him than a guy like Haslem.

Last edited:
FOTM is picking up where they left off yesterday.....proving there is a little Jet fan in all of them

part of me wonders if Robert knows his image is so terrible, he'll take the unpopular positions and set his son up as a hero.
I don't think so. Bob's gaffes are real; he's lost his grip as he has gotten older, especially since Myra passed. Intentionally taking "unpopular positions" on top of that doesn't do himself or the team any favors with this fan base.

No. He may be wimp but he's the best owner of the league. He has done more great for the team than bad. But his time has come and he needs to retire and pass the team on to Jonathan.

IMO he WAS the best owner in the league.

You know what made him the best owner? he gave BB complete control of everything, BILL did all the hard work, and then a time came when BB needed help, and his players NEEDED help. and he turned his back on them.

Kraft is that cool dad, every things great, his kids love him, then one day a guy breaks in and starts stealing all of krafts kids stuff, the kids want him to call the police, but kraft says nah, I invited him to dinner, and after dinner he hugs the thief as he leaves with more of the kids ****.

He just need to rent a pair of balls to defend his team

I'm pissed at Kraft for the way he's handled deflategate and believe he has been exposed as a liquored up patsy who is over eager to make nice with Goodell and the other owners. Kraft appears to be blind to the fact that the people he wants to please resent his success and are actively plotting to tarnish what the Patriots have accomplished.

However, anyone who wants him to sell the team didn't live through the 80's. Kraft is basically a handsoff owner who has a knack for hiring great managers. This makes him the ideal owner for an NFL franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes