PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robert Kraft should never be inducted into the Patriots HOF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an episode of Star Trek: Enterprise where an alien kept going back in the time/space continuum for a better outcome and could not improve it...this is similar.

I get it about Kraft, but imagine if the owner was like Jimmy Haslan or Jerry Jones? :eek: In that alternate history timeline, the Pats don't even show up to the AFC Championship. Maybe BB's body of work is with another team - Brady never comes here. :(

Yes - the Pats have been screwed by the NFL, but that's a lot different from a team that screwed themselves up.

Kraft torpedoed the first HOF coach he had. His second HOF coach was sputtering wildly, failing to put together anything approaching a championship team.

Then Drew Bledsoe got hurt, Tom Brady got the starting job, and the rest is history.

This team is where it is because of Tom Brady, not Robert Kraft. Kraft is where he is on the coattails of greatness. We lessen ourselves as fans when we fail to understand that.

Kraft ****ed up big time but his position in the Patriots HOF should never be questioned. I agree with Deus but the simple fact is, he got BB right big time and for me, that's good enough.

Kraft torpedoed the first HOF coach he had. His second HOF coach was sputtering wildly, failing to put together anything approaching a championship team.
Then Drew Bledsoe got hurt, Tom Brady got the starting job, and the rest is history.

This team is where it is because of Tom Brady, not Robert Kraft. Kraft is where he is on the coattails of greatness. We lessen ourselves as fans when we fail to understand that.
Biggest load of crap ever. This team is where it is because Kraft had the foresight and enough football knowledge to forfeit a first to get the best coach in NFL history, who subsequently picked the GOAT QB and developed him.

And in case people have forgotten, those first 3 championships were a result of the best defense in the first half of the millennium. We went 14-2 and won a championship in a year when the GOAT threw a very pedestrian 23 TD passes and an 85.9 QB rating, lest anyone's memory seems to have faded.

This post fails on a multitude of levels.

They give season ticket holders passes to the Patriots HOF every year.

The day Kraft is elected, is the last day I step foot in the Patriots HOF.
The tickets will go in my wood burning stove on an annual basis.

Now if they add a punch Kraft in the face interactive game , I may end up dipping into my 401k.

Biggest load of crap ever. This team is where it is because Kraft had the foresight and enough football knowledge to forfeit a first to get the best coach in NFL history, who subsequently picked the GOAT QB and developed him.

And in case people have forgotten, those first 3 championships were a result of the best defense in the first half of the millennium. We went 14-2 and won a championship in a year when the GOAT threw a very pedestrian 23 TD passes and an 85.9 QB rating, lest anyone's memory seems to have faded.

First time someone has acknowledged their post failed on multiple levels without being told so.

Props

I am as disappointed in Kraft as anyone and have lost respect for him because of his unwavering support for Goodell and flip-flopping on Deflategate, but seriously, the man has done A LOT for this franchise and is one of it's biggest fans. He deserves some respect and gratitude for those accomplishments along with the fact that he has recently lost his best friend and life-long partner who I believe would've stood up to all of this BS if she were alive.

I am as disappointed in Kraft as anyone and have lost respect for him because of his unwavering support for Goodell and flip-flopping on Deflategate, but seriously, the man has done A LOT for this franchise and is one of it's biggest fans. He deserves some respect and gratitude for those accomplishments along with the fact that he has recently lost his best friend and life-long partner who I believe would've stood up to all of this BS if she were alive.

this is no time for common sense

His second HOF coach was sputtering wildly, failing to put together anything approaching a championship team.

Put together a championship team his 2nd year as HC of NE, wtf are you talking about?

He drafted Brady, he told Bledsoe who had signed a $100m deal that offseason to ride the pine, giving a middle finger to the "starters can't lose their job because of injury" idiom and 37 of the 53 (68%) players on the final roster were guys that Bill brought in

Belichick dumping Bledsoe for Brady was a huge gamble. But ya let's not give Bill any credit for that one.

Idiotic anti-Belichick take. But I guess you gotta get warmed up for the anti-Belichick takes with the draft coming up. I hope Bill restocked those drugs he took when he picked Jamie Collins.

Put together a championship team his 2nd year as HC of NE, wtf are you talking about?

He drafted Brady, he told Bledsoe who had signed a $100m deal that offseason to ride the pine, giving a middle finger to the "starters can't lose their job because of injury" idiom and 37 of the 53 (68%) players on the final roster were guys that Bill brought in

Belichick dumping Bledsoe for Brady was a huge gamble. But ya let's not give Bill any credit for that one.

Idiotic anti-Belichick take. But I guess you gotta get warmed up for the anti-Belichick takes with the draft coming up. I hope Bill restocked those drugs he took when he picked Jamie Collins.
i think he was referring to pete carroll.

FAIL!! Kraft was docked that pick by the NFL long after he signed BB. He did not make a conscious decision to trade the pick for BB.

Tom Brady has led his team to the go ahead SCORE in the final 3 minutes of EVERY SUPERBOWL HE HAS EVER PLAYED IN!

i think he was referring to pete carroll.

Nah pretty clear it's Belichick. No way in hell is Pete Carroll at this moment a HOF coach. Maybe after a few more great seasons and another SB.

But if you look at what he wrote

His second HOF coach was sputtering wildly, failing to put together anything approaching a championship team. Then Drew Bledsoe got hurt, Tom Brady got the starting job, and the rest is history.

He clearly means Belichick.

I guess apparently to him that whole season was all Brady and Belichick had nothing to do with it. Even though close to 70% of the roster was guys Belichick brought in. I mean the fact that he is saying that Belichick hadn't put together anything approaching a SB team and they won the SB that year easily makes that statement one of deus's most laughable takes. honestly it's literally the worst take I've personally seen from him. Right next to "Belichick was on drugs when he decided to pick Jamie Collins"

Last edited:
Nah pretty clear it's Belichick. No way in hell is Pete Carroll at his present time a HOF coach. Maybe after a few more great seasons and another SB.

But if you look at what he wrote

His second HOF coach was sputtering wildly, failing to put together anything approaching a championship team. Then Drew Bledsoe got hurt, Tom Brady got the starting job, and the rest is history.

He clearly means Belichick.
ah, my bad. i only saw the part you quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes