PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robert Kraft ranked 655th richest man in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
When a man like Kraft whose net worth is 1.5 Billion is down at the 655th spot on Forbes annual Billionaire's list,you know there are way too many freaking extremely wet and dripping rich people out there!

#655 Robert Kraft - Forbes.com

Last edited:
When a man like Kraft whose net worth is 1.5 Billion is down at the 655th spot on Forbes annual Billionaire's list,you know there are way too many freaking extremely wet and dripping rich people out there!

A lot of that wealth is related to buying the Patriots at a bargain basement price and driving it up to the Cowboys/Skins thresholds - value that has now probably declined marginally during the recession..........I would assume a lot of the other people in his range have a lot of private wealth in businesses, the market, real estate, etc that took a beating of 30-40% since the top of the cycle. My point is that when the bull market returns, Krafty might slip back down.

Only 665th, no wonder hes so cheap.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A lot of that wealth is related to buying the Patriots at a bargain basement price and driving it up to the Cowboys/Skins thresholds - value that has now probably declined marginally during the recession..........I would assume a lot of the other people in his range have a lot of private wealth in businesses, the market, real estate, etc that took a beating of 30-40% since the top of the cycle. My point is that when the bull market returns, Krafty might slip back down.

Kraft is at his lowest point in years now.......not his highest.

still he is nearly middle of the pac...k slightly below.

The world has 1,011 10-figure titans, up from 793 a year ago

Not sure I agree with your future assessment for two reasons. One, my view is that the "Bull Market" is pretty much what you see now with the Dow in the mid 10,000's and that if anything we can look for a return to the 8,000--9,000 range after the impact of the various stimulus packages finishes passing through the economy, but we could argue about that all day. Two, I think all of the people on that list are exposed in various ways to different markets ranging from Stocks and Bonds to Real Estate and Commodities and that they tend to move up and down together, unless they are a Hedge or PE fund that bet right or wrong at a particular time.

He's 236 in the US now. Bob's done pretty well for himself.

Kraft is at his lowest point in years now.......not his highest.

Not sure where you're getting that. Remember, these are lists where you want to be "lower," not "higher," as the lower you are the closer you are to the top.

If you look at the Forbes list of the 400 wealthiest Americans, this is where Kraft stood for the last five years:

2005: 320
2006: 297
2007: 361
2008: 321
2009: 236

As far as I can see, he's at his historically best point now.

He didn't even appear on the Billionaire's list until 2006. This is how he's ranked there:

2006: 698
2007: 754
2008: 843
2009: 655.

Again, his historic best.

Dear Mr. Kraft,

Thank you for being so doggone rich. Under your leadership the Patriots have rewarded the faithful with 3 rings and Foxboro has turned in a football mecca. Please continue what you are doing.

Atomdomb

i assume Jerry Jones is on that list

where is he?

I did not even look at the list....

I saw the number and read a little about THE Richest Man in the World,

-he OWNS the country of Mexico btw

I fixed your post for you :p

Last edited:
Two, I think all of the people on that list are exposed in various ways to different markets ranging from Stocks and Bonds to Real Estate and Commodities and that they tend to move up and down together, unless they are a Hedge or PE fund that bet right or wrong at a particular time.

but if you look at the worth of the franchise as a percentage of Kraft's overall wealth, it is a very large percentage and I am sure that it also has a very low volatility with a healthy appreciation year over year.

Everyone else is heavily invested on very volatile assets linked in whichever way to the economy. When Wall Street Hedge funds are returning 35% again, most of those guys will see their wealth balloon.

Paul Allen, owner of the Seahawks, is #37 in the world at $13.5 billion #37 Paul Allen - Forbes.com

Stephen Ross of the Dolphins is #277 with $3.4 billion
#277 Stephen Ross - Forbes.com

Malcolm Glazer of the Buccaneers is #400 with $2.4 Billion
#400 Malcolm Glazer & family - Forbes.com

Jerry Jones of the Cowboys is #556 with $1.8 billion
#556 Jerral Jones - Forbes.com

Stephen Bisciotti of the Ravens is #655 with $1.5 billion
#655 Stephen Bisciotti - Forbes.com

James Irsay of the Colts and Robert McNair of the Texans are ranked #721 with $1.4 billion
#721 James Irsay - Forbes.com
#721 Robert McNair - Forbes.com

Arthur Blank of the Falcons is ranked #773 with $1.3 billion
#773 Arthur Blank - Forbes.com

Bud Adams of the Titans, Daniel Snyder of the Redskins and Alex Spanos of the Chargers are ranked at 880th with $1.1 billion
#880 Kenneth Adams Jr - Forbes.com
#880 Daniel Snyder - Forbes.com
#880 Alexander Spanos & family - Forbes.com

Jeffrie Laurie of the Eagles, Randy Lerner of the Browns, and Pat Bowlen of the Broncos are ranked #937 at roughly $1 billion
#937 Jeffrey Lurie - Forbes.com
#937 Randolph Lerner - Forbes.com
#937 Patrick Bowlen & family - Forbes.com

I couldn't find Woody Johnson's worth nor William Clay Ford's nor Clark Hunt's worth but their family fortunes are well into the billions so I am assuming their personal worth is also in the billions. I count at least 18 billionaires owning teams in the NFL...

Most of those listed have independent wealth aside from the team, their own personal wealth is simply enhanced by the team's value but isn't tied exclusively into the team as many of the remaining non-billionaire owners' fortunes are. Frankly, Kraft isn't a real billionaire yet...he is fabulously wealthy thanks to the profits from the team but he and isn't a billionaire by any means. Not yet anyway.

Spoken like a true communist. Hey, at least he's not Donald Sterling. We could have alot worse for an honor.

I would be happy with 655 dollars...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye