PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robert Kraft Nominated for 2013 NFL Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'm pretty happy about this news, I think it is very well deserved.

In fact, I have to say that back in August 2010 there was a thread entitled "Who is the first Patriot with a Patriot SB ring to get inducted into the HOF" and I posted my thought that RK deserves consideration (if I had any computer savvy whatsoever I may even have been able to link to my own post :rolleyes:). I got a little flak for that opinion, and I'm not trying to say "I told you so" here because it was certainly understandable at that point in time why many people wouldn't view Kraft in that light. Ever since "the Hug," however, I think more folks have begun to appreciate how he has been such a key figure in the league over the past two decades.

It is pretty hard to appreciate owners in the league, especially the owners of other teams. Yup, they are ungodly rich, and so often (just this week, for example), they seem to go way too far in making sure "they get theirs" in all of this. With that said, we who love the NFL do owe these megalomaniacs a debt of gratitude for their ability to create and grow the league, year in and year out. It didn't happen by itself, so for me I think it is very proper to pay homage to those relatively few owners who made such a profound difference. I remember a few weeks back, when Art Modell passed. I never had a good opinion of him, even before he screwed out of Cleveland, but when I read about what he did to build the relationship between the league and the TV networks from the 50's through the 90's, it was a real epiphany for me. That guy was one of the most unsung heroes in league history, and even someone as avid a fan as I think of myself being had no clue. So, to see "our guy" get some consideration, well, that just makes me glad.

Hey, wouldn't it be a riot of Kraft and Parcells were inducted on the same day. The ghost of Willie McDonough would be spinning like a tornado (or, more likely, a fireball) if that were to happen.

Mazel Tov, "Robert"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye