PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robert Kraft blasts Welker's agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao, the welker haters have started every one of these threads trashing him and they have the nerve to complain about those who support him "whining."

The patriots screwed up and now they are lying about it, end of story. They wouldn't give him Ocho money and claim they wanted him for life but wouldn't give more than 2 years. The sycpohants in this forum can buy that crap but it ios obviously total bullsh.t.

I notice none of the other NFL teams out there went out and offered Welker the $8M/yr most lay people expected.

BB figured out his value, and that was that. Did you notice the Broncos can cut him after a year? Not very trusting of the wonderful Mr. Welker. I guess no other teams despite the bleating in these parts behaves as you would like, but instead behave more like BB behaves.

I may be nuts but no Welker may help Brady become more hard to read, especially on 3rd down.

Great point.

Brady needs to spread the ball out more. If Gronk is putting up 17 TDs a season and Welker 100+ receptions, thats a bad thing if you lose one of those players for the post season as weve seen.

I have relatives in Chelmsford.

I'm a Patriots fan not a Welker fan. I've moved on.

Re: Patriots wanted Welker over Amendola???

"Hey Wes. It doesn't look good out there. From what I'm gathering it doesn't look like what the Pats were offering is too bad. I think I might be able to get a little more guaranteed money out of Denver, but nothing you can't reach with those makeable incentives in the Pats deal. If you really want to go back to the Pats like you said, it does't seem like there is a big enough difference in the years and money to leave."

Do we even know what those makeable incentives were?

I'm a Patriots fan not a Welker fan. I've moved on.

Thank you!
So am I. born and raised a pats fan, lived through the 1-15 team. I loved them then, I love them now. Of course I love that they win now under Kraft and BB. :)

You still don't get it....he will cost them 6 million in cash year two, but would count 8 million against the cap. Year two cap savings by cutting Welker before his 3 million roster bonus is due is 6 million (2 million in dead money). Hence there is no guarantee he sees year two at that number. Instead of taking more money up front from NE he is taking a risk that he doesn't get hurt or hit the proverbial wall.

Regardless how you feel about it Kraft is right: 8 million cash guaranteed in year one from NE and 6 million cash guaranteed year one from Denver.

He had 100+ and 1000+ this year and Denver didn't give him 8 million of their cap space.....and from what I have read they are projected to have less next year.

I get it just fine thank you. The main point of what I posted is that this deal that would pay 8 million is probably a lie or some bending of the truth. Probably it paid 8 million if he hit all his incentives like being an All-pro. There's two all-pro spots what are the chances he does that when the team was already reducing his role? I think that's why we got the leak that he was upset about his role because he was thinking if I resign I need to be on the field to meet my incentives and I don't know if I'll be riding the pine to Julian freaking Edelman.

Loved this guy..thought he was one of US...
1100523512_4219.jpg

but then, found out he was just another greedy pinhead that would sell his soul for a lousy buck..
New+York+Yankees+v+Los+Angeles+Angels+Anaheim+sD6UKFdngA5l.jpg

Good luck, Wes....enjoy the coupla grand you get for pitching bulls nuts for the Rocky Mountain Oyster Cafe and Acura Dealership.

I get it just fine thank you. The main point of what I posted is that this deal that would pay 8 million is probably a lie or some bending of the truth. Probably it paid 8 million if he hit all his incentives like being an All-pro. There's two all-pro spots what are the chances he does that when the team was already reducing his role? I think that's why we got the leak that he was upset about his role because he was thinking if I resign I need to be on the field to meet my incentives and I don't know if I'll be riding the pine to Julian freaking Edelman.

That is not what Kraft said and I have no reason to doubt anything he says. He was clear that the deal offered would have paid 8 million in year one and 16 million over the two years if the next two years were as productive as his past two. What has Kraft ever done or said publicly that leads you to believe that he is a liar or a truth bender?

Here is the quote about the situation:

Kraft via Reiss said:
"When you come right down to the bottom line, he accepted a deal in Denver which is less money than what we offered him," Kraft said. "In fact, he has a one-year deal in Denver for $6 million. Our last offer, before we would have even gone up and before we thought we were going into free agency, was a $10 million offer with incentives that would have earned him another $6 million if he performed the way he had the previous two years. But in Denver, he’s going to count $4 million against the cap this coming year and $8 million the second year. There is no guarantee that he plays the second year there. He will get $6 million the first year. Our deal, he would have gotten $8 million the first year – our last offer to him."

He talks about incentives in the context of 16 million.....but his statement about 8 million is direct and to the point.

Reiss just updated the article:(update, 10:15 p.m. ET: It would have been a $4 million signing bonus and a $4 million base salary in 2013.)

There is the 8 million.

As for the "phasing Welker out" Reiss talked to that last week. He stated that it was to both get Edelman some earned playing time and save some early season wear on Welker. Which makes more sense then they suddenly thought he should be Edelman's backup.

This is sounding worse and worse. It started out that all those wanting Welker gone were heralding this as a shrewd business move by Belichick and another example of his being one step ahead and getting his replacement now instead of later. Now however they are doing a complete 180 and buying Bob Kraft's argument that they really wanted him but were just unable to reach his unreasonable demands and get the deal done.

I really hope that Belichick was making the shrewd move and ahead of the curve, because if Kraft is to be believed and that's the best the Patriots can do when trying to keep a player they "want for life" then this team is screwed going forward, because that was as weak as it gets.

Ocho > Welker

Ocho > Welker

Ocho why? I know its a joke but because they paid him more? The market dictated it. Sure it was a waste but they tried to address a problem.

Also Kraft wanting something dosent mean BB does or will do it. Kraft i am sure wanted WW. Maybe BB diddnt. BB runs the team and has an agreement with Kraft to run the team.

This is sounding worse and worse. It started out that all those wanting Welker gone were heralding this as a shrewd business move by Belichick and another example of his being one step ahead and getting his replacement now instead of later. Now however they are doing a complete 180 and buying Bob Kraft's argument that they really wanted him but were just unable to reach his unreasonable demands and get the deal done.

I really hope that Belichick was making the shrewd move and ahead of the curve, because if Kraft is to be believed and that's the best the Patriots can do when trying to keep a player they "want for life" then this team is screwed going forward, because that was as weak as it gets.

Ocho > Welker

Who are all these people that wanted Welker gone? I've seen one or two people that have stated that, but damn near all have not stated anything close to that. I would like you to point me to the all the comments suggesting that all these people want Welker gone.

You are making that up by interpreting folks accepting Welker leaving and moving on, as good riddance and that is not the case.

I think this was an embarrassing display by our owner. I love the guy but this was a rant by Mr. Kraft the fan. Now a guy that represents tons of Patriots is going to have a grudge, regardless if he expresses it verbally it is going to stick in your head when one of the most revered owners in the NFL basically calls you a moron playing Poker with a pair of 2s.

Solder is going to want a lot of money, he's going to be a premier LT and is the protector of the franchise. That is going to be a tough negotiation and this is going to make it tougher.

Also what is Amendola going to think that he is "Alternate 2" I'd be pissed if I was him that the guy I play for opines for Welker and only signed me because he couldn't get the guy he wanted.

Oh, please, does anyone really believe Danny Amendola is all butthurt over this? You think he didn't have some idea what was going on? Please stop projecting your own immaturity onto him.

Oh, please, does anyone really believe Danny Amendola is all butthurt over this? You think he didn't have some idea what was going on? Please stop projecting your own immaturity onto him.

Carl Crawford ring any bells?

Is he Danny Amendola in disguise?

:rolleyes: Clearly the analogy is lost on you. The point is what you say has a lot of repercussions. That is why Belichick says nothing ever.

Carl Crawford ring any bells?

I didn't hear Kraft say that he was against the Amendola move, in fact he said the exact opposite. So the analogy is lost on me, because it doesn't fit in this context.

The analogy is irrelevant to me as I don't give a crap about baseball. You, however, are overanalyzing and possibly giving yourself an ulcer.

Btw, what we say has repercussions is hardly the most mind-blowing observation. Incidentally, what we don't say also has repercussions (see: gate, spy). So who cares in the end.

The analogy is irrelevant to me as I don't give a crap about baseball. You, however, are overanalyzing and possibly giving yourself an ulcer.

Btw, what we say has repercussions is hardly the most mind-blowing observation. Incidentally, what we don't say also has repercussions (see: gate, spy). So who cares in the end.

I don't really care that he said it and am not worrying too much it was just a pointless conversation and very "unpatriot-like" what did it help to blast the agent? Welker still won't be on the team even if everyone in New England hates Dunn.

Who are all these people that wanted Welker gone? I've seen one or two people that have stated that, but damn near all have not stated anything close to that. I would like you to point me to the all the comments suggesting that all these people want Welker gone.

You are making that up by interpreting folks accepting Welker leaving and moving on, as good riddance and that is not the case.

There are dozens and dozens of threads on it, and if you can't find the garbage people have talked about him then you may want to do it in Braille.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back