PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robert Edwards - Busted Pick?

I don't consider players who's careers are destroyed or significantly impacted by injuries to be busts. Now, the PICK can be a 'bust' in that it doesn't pan out. I just don't conflate the two.

Right, considering edwards or katzenmoyer busts doesn't help you understand the draft at all or analyze the draft. They're "incomplete" essentially. Maybe edwards would have been nothing. Plenty of RBs do great and then are useless. maybe he would have been the next coming of erik ****erson. Don't know. Can't know.

It was a fine draft pick. It just didn't work out. Busts, in my mind, are poor draft picks.

Ryan Leaf is a bust. Everything about him said he was going to be a poor player, but the "upside" was there. Guess what, he didn't hit that upside. Thats a bust.

A guy getting run over by a truck two hours after the draft isn't a bust.

Robert Edwards gets a pass but Chad Jackson doesn't? Granted Edwards did better his rookie season but the both got injured. Didn't Chad Jackson sustain a freak injury by tearing his ACL on special teams? .

Jackson blew his hamstring in TC, and then came back in the playoffs and blew his ACL.

he's another "incomplete".

Jackson blew his hamstring in TC, and then came back in the playoffs and blew his ACL.

he's another "incomplete".

And then got beat out of a spot on the team by CJ Jones. He's complete.

Although it wouldn't surprise me if he revived his career somewhere after maturing a bit. He's not a fraud talent-wise, like Freddie Mitchell was. He just mentally didn't get it, and seemed to think all he had to do was show up and let his talent take over.

And then got beat out of a spot on the team by CJ Jones. He's complete.

And you don't think that has anything to do with the fact that he can't cut AT ALL anymore because of the knee?

And you don't think that has anything to do with the fact that he can't cut AT ALL anymore because of the knee?

No. I think he had a bad attitude, gave a bad effort, and couldn't digest the playbook. If it was a matter of him not fully recovered from his injury, he wouldn't have gotten cut. His agent also would have filed a grievance.

Busted Pick? How 'bout busted knee in the sandlot.

He was better than La. Maroney. I'm ready to throw in the towel with the latter player.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back