PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob "The Invisible Man" Ninkovich - Worst Starter in the NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he's the worst starter in the NFL by any stretch. However, he is what he is - a back-up that's forced to play starting minutes due to how thin we are at OLB. He should never see the light of day as a starter, but that's not his fault. Going forward, though, I would like to see more of TBC and Cunningham in there. Cunningham has yet to get to the quarterback, but he's better at setting the edge than Ninkovich (from what I've seen) and uses sound technique against blockers. TBC has had some struggles early on, but he's the best option out there across from Cunningham and was our best pass rusher last season.

This. Used properly as a sub rusher, Ninkovich isn't bad. It's not his fault we have him starting.

I agree that we need to throw Cunningham out there more. He hasn't sacked the QB, but he's gotten some good pressure at times. From the few times I've seen him, he looked okay setting the edge and read that Jets reverse well.

Regardless of starting or not, Ninkovich has no business being on a professional football field.

Well.... maybe he could carve out a role as an ILB, or maybe on special teams. But certainly not at OLB in a 34.

Ok, Belichick is fired, your hired. Makes as much sense as your post.

Ninkovich is not a pure pass rusher. And as a result, he's not out there in nickel situations. He's third on the team in tackles and leads the team in tackles for loss. So to say he's the "invisible man" is completely unreasonable. He has been no worse this year than almost every other defensive player. It's also his first year as a significant contributor and he's at exactly the same point in his career as Vrable was when he came here. I'm not saying he's Vrable, but I think he could become a poor man's version. Give the guy a chance.

What's the point of even using him as a sub-rusher when he can't rush the QB?

He's not bad as a rusher, but his game is quite limited so he doesn't get a lot of opportunities to play. In 119 snaps last season, he got a sack and 2 QB hurries.

During the pre-season when the team can afford to let him out there more, he's picked up 2 sacks in each of the last 2 pre-seasons.

I think he can be a decent sub pass rusher but he's not a starting-caliber OLB.

OLB in the 34 is the most important position after NT. Unfortunately for our defense, our starting OLB Rob Ninkovich probably couldnt start on a lot of College football teams. Our defense is going to suffer whenever Ninkovich is on the field.

Ninkovich gets ZERO pressure on the QB. He can't tackle. Can't shed a block. Can't cover. What is he good for?

Having Ninkovich at OLB is like having a QB that can't complete a pass. Or a WR that can't catch. Or a Long Snapper that can't long snap. Simply put, Ninkovich is useless at his position.

MrNathanDrake...........................your fired !

Drakes waiting for Ninkys third interception of the game, then he'll be impressed :D

This is classic Ninkovich, he makes some great plays but also makes some horrible plays. Lets hope hes figuring things out and plays more like tonight for the rest of the year.

This thread reminds me of the one that we all attacked after the jets game about them having the worst offense

OLB in the 34 is the most important position after NT. Unfortunately for our defense, our starting OLB Rob Ninkovich probably couldnt start on a lot of College football teams. Our defense is going to suffer whenever Ninkovich is on the field.

Ninkovich gets ZERO pressure on the QB. He can't tackle. Can't shed a block. Can't cover. What is he good for?

Having Ninkovich at OLB is like having a QB that can't complete a pass. Or a WR that can't catch. Or a Long Snapper that can't long snap. Simply put, Ninkovich is useless at his position.

Old Nate...He ain't too bright! :rofl:

Shame-award-1.jpg

Huh. A sack and two interceptions on the road on Monday Night. Tell me more MrNathanDrake.

Yup. Ninkovich just sucks. Bench him.:singing::singing::singing::bricks:

Yup. Ninkovich just sucks. Bench him.:singing::singing::singing::bricks:

Yeah lets bring back that AD guy, if only BB would use him correctly he'd be great !

That's not Ninkovich, that's Vrabel out there! :p

Yeah lets bring back that AD guy, if only BB would use him correctly he'd be great !

You forgot your falling bricks guy. :bricks:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back