PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob "The Invisible Man" Ninkovich - Worst Starter in the NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any rotation that includes Ninkovich in any capacity falls short of being decent. Ninkovich sucks, but I'm sure there's a worse starter somewhere. I still can't figure out why he made the team over Woods.

To be completely honest, probably because he's Croatian (same background as Belichick).

I honestly can't imagine any other reason why

Well, that has nothing to do with the trades that were made.

It's Matthews vs Darius Butler, Brandon Tate, Julian Edelman, and (97% of) Rob Gronkowski.

Do you give up Matthews for 3 players who will be the key to our offense in future years as well as a young, talented Cornerback who is having a struggle at the minute?

No. End of.

Tate, Butler and Edelmen ALL WRAPPED UP IN A NICE SHINY BOW, all together don't have 1/10th the IMPACT that Clay Matthews is having right now in that GB defense and what he has does for his football team. The only value here is Gronk and if it's Gronk for Clay, I think we know where you go with that especially given our team needs right now and especially where we already have Hernandez.

Our desperate need is on the defensive side of the football and getting after the QB, end of story. When we start to play real offenses (which are on the docket) our inability to create pressure is going to annihilate this secondary.

Last edited:
Good 34 OLB's are extremely rare.

Nickle CB's, and role players like Edelman are dime a dozen.

I like Chung a lot, but I'd take Matthews anyday over any one drafted in our past 5 draft years.

anyways...back on topic... Ninkovich sucks... He gets NO PRESSURE AT ALL. NO PUSH AT ALL. No speed. He cant tackle.

I completely agree with the OP. Ninkovich is abysmal IMO, easily one of the worst starters in the league. Guy has no businesses being in the NFL.

I completely agree with the OP. Ninkovich is abysmal IMO, easily one of the worst starters in the league. Guy has no businesses being in the NFL.

Prepare to get tarred and feathered.........

Thankfully Cunningham will likely leapfrog him on the depth chart soon.

There is more than a few scrubs on this team defensively...so a few will mature into a workable defender in a year or so while a portion will probably be a permanent JAG like Butler looks right now

Cunningham actually looks decent.

He can bull rush and speed rush. Atleast he was putting pressure on the QB

I noticed he goes too WIDE on his speed rush, but it flushes QBs out of the pocket. Now on most other 34 teams, the OLB o nthe other side would get an easy sack, but Ninkovich can't shed a block for his life so Fitzgerald easily stepped up every time Cunningham did that.

Last edited:
Cunningham actually looks decent.

He can bull rush and speed rush. Atleast he was putting pressure on the QB

I noticed he goes too WIDE on his speed rush, but it flushes QBs out of the pocket. Now on most other 34 teams, the OLB o nthe other side would get an easy sack, but Ninkovich can't shed a block for his life so Fitzgerald easily stepped up every time Cunningham did that.

Except the time Cunningham forced the bad throw for the INT in the end zone, right?

I'm used to the instant high round draft pick busts, but street free agents who are warming up a spot for someone else get their own thread now.

Wow!

After a win, yet.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm used to the instant high round draft pick busts, but street free agents who are warming up a spot for someone else get their own thread now.

Wow!

After a win, yet.:rolleyes:

If nothing else, you gotta love the aggregate intensity...if not, so much, the judgment. :rolleyes:

I really hope Crable and Cunningham are ready to start taking more snaps from this guy. They cannot be any worse. Watching over the hill LT juke Stinkovich last week was pretty embarrasing

I really hope Crable and Cunningham are ready to start taking more snaps from this guy. They cannot be any worse. Watching over the hill LT juke Stinkovich last week was pretty embarrasing

I could be way off, but my impression is that Ninkovich is a clear placeholder for Cunningham. I think Crable is more or less lined up to become TBC's backup. I agree, though, that Cunningham can't displace Ninkovich fast enough.

A worse starter tan Ninkovich? Is Monty Beisel still starting at MLB in Arizona?

Kyle Arrington ;)

Should have kept Woods, IMO. He's the better run blocker and that's what's needed. Other than that, there's really not much to say about Ninkovich. He's just not good.

Crable had 1 whole tackle today!!! :rocker::singing::rocker::eek::cool:

Ninkovich is sometimes called "STINK-O-VICH" by his teammates. It's that bad.

I don't really think he's that bad, I kind of like him. Oh well.:singing:

OLB in the 34 is the most important position after NT. Unfortunately for our defense, our starting OLB Rob Ninkovich probably couldnt start on a lot of College football teams. Our defense is going to suffer whenever Ninkovich is on the field.

Ninkovich gets ZERO pressure on the QB. He can't tackle. Can't shed a block. Can't cover. What is he good for?

Having Ninkovich at OLB is like having a QB that can't complete a pass. Or a WR that can't catch. Or a Long Snapper that can't long snap. Simply put, Ninkovich is useless at his position.
I think you have a drinking or drug problem. While i never expected him to be a great player, seemed to fine today. I didn't seem him make any glaring mistakes, maybe you should switch to the Giants.

Last edited:
I think you have a drinking or drug problem. While i never expected him to be a great player, seemed to fine today. I didn't seem him make any glaring mistakes, maybe you should switch to the Giants.

That's because you probably didn't see him at all today, period.

He's the invisible man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back