PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob "The Invisible Man" Ninkovich - Worst Starter in the NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNathanDrake

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
OLB in the 34 is the most important position after NT. Unfortunately for our defense, our starting OLB Rob Ninkovich probably couldnt start on a lot of College football teams. Our defense is going to suffer whenever Ninkovich is on the field.

Ninkovich gets ZERO pressure on the QB. He can't tackle. Can't shed a block. Can't cover. What is he good for?

Having Ninkovich at OLB is like having a QB that can't complete a pass. Or a WR that can't catch. Or a Long Snapper that can't long snap. Simply put, Ninkovich is useless at his position.

i think thats a tad harsh :bricks:

i think thats a tad harsh :bricks:

Can you name 1 starter that's worse than Ninkovich?

He also doesn't even pay attention to his coach.

09000d5d81ad5d58_gallery_600.jpg

Worst thread in the NFL? Possibly. Since Crable and Cunningham played, we have a decent 4 man rotation at OLB. Who cares who starts?

There are many starters worse than Ninkovich.

Worst thread in the NFL? Possibly. Since Crable and Cunningham played, we have a decent 4 man rotation at OLB. Who cares who starts?

Regardless of starting or not, Ninkovich has no business being on a professional football field.

Well.... maybe he could carve out a role as an ILB, or maybe on special teams. But certainly not at OLB in a 34.

Every starter on the Ram's defense, and whomever plays CB for the Redskins.

So easy to pick on the Rams, isn't it?

OJ Atogwe would solve a lot of problems for this D. Fred Robbins is a legit run stuffer. I also hear Chris Long is pretty good.

One of their corners looked very promising in the preseason. Just looked him up, Bradley Fletcher. Maybe we'll hear that name again :eek:

So easy to pick on the Rams, isn't it?

OJ Atogwe would solve a lot of problems for this D. Fred Robbins is a legit run stuffer. I also hear Chris Long is pretty good.

One of their corners looked very promising in the preseason. Just looked him up, Bradley Fletcher. Maybe we'll hear that name again :eek:

I was obviously being facetious, but the point stands. Atogwe wouldn't solve any problems on this team given that S is probably the best position on the defense right now.

And you heard wrong. Chris Long blows.

I was obviously being facetious, but the point stands. Atogwe wouldn't solve any problems on this team given that S is probably the best position on the defense right now.

And you heard wrong. Chris Long blows.

Meh, do you really think we're better off with Sanders on the field than Atogwe?

OLB in the 34 is the most important position after NT. Unfortunately for our defense, our starting OLB Rob Ninkovich probably couldnt start on a lot of College football teams. Our defense is going to suffer whenever Ninkovich is on the field.

Ninkovich gets ZERO pressure on the QB. He can't tackle. Can't shed a block. Can't cover. What is he good for?

Having Ninkovich at OLB is like having a QB that can't complete a pass. Or a WR that can't catch. Or a Long Snapper that can't long snap. Simply put, Ninkovich is useless at his position.

I wonder how Clay Matthews would look in his spot ......... Ooooops....

Any rotation that includes Ninkovich in any capacity falls short of being decent. Ninkovich sucks, but I'm sure there's a worse starter somewhere. I still can't figure out why he made the team over Woods.

Last edited:
Regardless of starting or not, Ninkovich has no business being on a professional football field.

Well.... maybe he could carve out a role as an ILB, or maybe on special teams. But certainly not at OLB in a 34.

So, you're worried he's on a professional football field? Have you considered that Cunningham and Crable haven't even got loose yet?

What I'm wondering is, why worry about one marginal player that happens to have played and practiced more than two other players that could very well be taking most of his minutes once they get up to speed?

Many NFL players play roles or have short careers. Did you have a bad experience with a member of the Nincovich family once?

Would you give up Darius Butler and Ron Brace for Clay Matthews?

I certainly would.
Well, that has nothing to do with the trades that were made.

It's Matthews vs Darius Butler, Brandon Tate, Julian Edelman, and (97% of) Rob Gronkowski.

Do you give up Matthews for 3 players who will be the key to our offense in future years as well as a young, talented Cornerback who is having a struggle at the minute?

No. End of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey