PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Ryan signs 3 year extention with the Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I just heard it on WEEI.
I wonder where the Jets will turn to get their DC?
Maybe, they will go after Jim Bates.

Last edited:
Gotta love Al, he doesn't even have a HC yet - although it sounds like Al Saunders will be it.

Rob must really love sunny Calif!

Jets have named LB coach Bob Sutton thier DC. Sutton has been with the Jets since the Parcells days.

PatsFanInMaine said:
Jets have named LB coach Bob Sutton thier DC. Sutton has been with the Jets since the Parcells days.

That makes sense. I wonder who they will hire to be their OC? The Jet fans are drooling over Jeff Davidson, our old assistant O-line coach. But something tells me that Romeo is not going to let him out of Clevelend.

DefenseRules said:
But something tells me that Romeo is not going to let him out of Clevelend.
Although Belichick did it with Pees last year, it's not a good practice to not allow your assistants to go off for better opportunities. Romeo certainly could refuse but it's a fine line doing that to keep your staff happy and attract future desireable assistants.

PatsFanInMaine said:

Not exactly....this is from their web site:

Bob Sutton - linebackers; born January 28, 1951, Ypsilanti, Mich. Attended Eastern Michigan. No college or pro playing experience. College coach: Michigan 1972-73, Syracuse 1974, Western Michigan 1975-76, 1980-81, Illinois 1977-79, North Carolina State 1982, Army 1983-1999 (head coach 1991-99). Pro coach: Joined Jets in 2000.

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
Although Belichick did it with Pees last year, it's not a good practice to not allow your assistants to go off for better opportunities. Romeo certainly could refuse but it's a fine line doing that to keep your staff happy and attract future desireable assistants.

I know. But Romeo is in the middle of building something at Cleveland. He may feel that he needs to keep his coaching staff together for now.
But you never know.

Cimini(sp?) mentioned something of him being from the Groh/parcells year. Guess that would be the year Parcells was the "GM". As long as Mangini stays away from the Pats staff I am happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes