Rob Ryan calls Brady "the best quarterback that's ever played the game"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:
He's really just trying to set himself up with a compliment in the event his team beats the patriots...because only the best can beat the best ;)

Rob Ryan has just spoken the truth.

That son of a ***** must have been reading our Montana v. Brady thread!

Last edited:
Right from the Pats game book

Ryan is really sucking up to Gisele

Ryan, who was the Patriots' linebackers coach from 2000 to 2003, has similar respect for New England coach Bill Belichick.
"You can have Bill Parcells as a head coach and Vince Lombardi as a D-coordinator and Bill Walsh as the offensive coordinator and I think Belichick would beat them by two touchdowns if it came down to coaching," Ryan said. "It's going to come down to players and coaches and everything."

i dont think Rex will send Rob a Christmas card this season

"You're talking about the best quarterback, in my opinion, that's ever played the game," Ryan said. "Hell, I know that. He's that good."

Dallas Cowboys coach Rob Ryan -- New England Patriots' Tom Brady best QB ever - ESPN Dallas

Very nice compliment, but also great psychological warfare. The Pats are masters of throwing great compliments to other teams, causing them to lose their killer edge.

Personally I find it a little silly to think that the Cowboys are thinking that complimenting Brady is going to change how the Pats approach the game, or is going to make them lose some passion about winning it. Maybe he is saying it to try and get his team to understand how great their opponent is this week. I find it hard to believe that players and coaches at the NFL level "lose their killer edge" because the other side says they are good. Also I agree with Rob about Brady...but I have a strong personal bias as well. :)

The guys is obviously a hater or a moron.

Edit: oops .. wrong thread ;)

Quote:
Ryan, who was the Patriots' linebackers coach from 2000 to 2003, has similar respect for New England coach Bill Belichick.
"You can have Bill Parcells as a head coach and Vince Lombardi as a D-coordinator and Bill Walsh as the offensive coordinator and I think Belichick would beat them by two touchdowns if it came down to coaching," Ryan said. "It's going to come down to players and coaches and everything."

Well, Vince Lombardi was an O-coordinator before being an head coach, not D-coordinator.
Maybe that would explain why he thinks Belichick would beat them by 2 TD, since Lombardi would take all his time to coach the sweep instead of defense...

i dont think Rex will send Rob a Christmas card this season

LMAO, he is obviously not serious.

Hasn't Rex been calling BB one of the best if not the best ever?

When he first announced that I think they went on to kick our * in the next game.

Maybe Rob is already thinking ahead given since he departed Foxboro for a shot as a DC his career ambition to one day be a HC has been adversely impacted by lesser QB's...on his own roster...including at the present time in Dallas. Watching him watch Romo snatch defeat from the jaws of victory this season has been almost comical.

^^^^wow, thats gotta be the best compliment ive ever heard bestowed on BB....

I think RR is pumping up Brady just to show his team what kind of a challenge they have to face next week. He's basically saying - step up your game guys, if we can stop the 'greatest QB' in the game, then we're the best defense ever. Etc. Its all coach-speech that is really a psychological mind game that he is playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back