PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Ryan as our DC? Gasper brings up a great thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
One odd thing about this thread is that the Cowboys are giving up MORE points per game than the Patriots.

As well as Rob has schemed against the Pats over the years, he hasn't done nearly as well with the rest of the league.

Thing is, IIRC, teams do not have to allow their staff to talk to anyone else unless they are being sought for a position higher than the one they are currently under contract for.

Thus, until his contract is over with Dallas, Jerry Jones can deny the Patriots the right to even contact him unless it's for a head coaching job, or front office position.

V/R

Hes been here and coached 7 Years ago...he ain't coming back under any 'title'

Did you see his antics on the sideline? No way that happens on a BB team, don't care how talented of an DC he is.

BTW, the Pats defense looked pretty good themselves, that 3 and out to give Tom & co. one last chance may be the turning point to build a Super Bowl caliber defense.

amazing post.[..short...succinct...DEFINITELY possible....I mean it makes such perfect sense....Wrecks was drawn to the AFC East because of his huge ego and jealousy of Belichick...he took a team that was drowning with one nostril above water and turned them into a defense heavy, loosey goosey, us-against -the -world team of characters.

His twin brother wants everything his green clad brother has and wants to show the world HE is the better pantload coach of the two...where better than Miami, post the unbelievably ridiculous tenure of Tony "Excitable Fat Thug Guy" Sparano....?

Can you imagine the media frenzy around here if this ever occurred? In fact, why WOULDN'T this be not only the next step for Rob Ryan, but the BEST step?

Football writers would garner enough material from one season of this to last a decade.

Not to mention, the Dolphins owner is a media whore (him selling percentage of his team to celebrities just to get publicity), and the amount of buzz (negative and positive) his team would get if he hired Rob would go through the roof.

How about Rex as DC? I have put money on the guy getting fired pretty soon.

No chance he gets fired. They'll cut the offending players.

Anyway, he gets a new HC job PDQ in the unlikely event he's fired.

One odd thing about this thread is that the Cowboys are giving up MORE points per game than the Patriots.

As well as Rob has schemed against the Pats over the years, he hasn't done nearly as well with the rest of the league.

I haven't gone over the stats or anything but are you sure it's the Cowboys defense giving up the points or are there a bunch of them coming from turnovers?

I think Gasper is the first globe writer i just won't read atall, even justto get pissed off. He adds no football knowledge at all IMO. Pretty much Perez Hilton of the sports page.

As far as our abysmal defensive coaching, going 14-2 while turning the entire defense over except Wilfork obviously shows tremendous lack of coaching on the D.

Could it be we're still looking for the right blend of mature personnel after two whole years?

It's great that ratgini and ryan can spend the whole season studying us so they can have their mid season Super Bowl amidst their reign of meh.

Could it possibly be that BB and the stable of assistants he's trained might be as good coaching defense as anyone, given the right team growing together in their prime? We're still assembling parts IMO.

Nothing against Ryan, he's a good coach, but what would he add unless he wants to bring along DeMarcus Ware and some others.

Aikman had to laugh at our 14-2 "rebuilding" year, Ryan ever do that?

They're 2-3, by the way.

Last edited:
The amount of air time Rob Ryan gets is ridiculous. I kinda feel bad for Jason Garrett, the media seem to have somehow turned the Cowboys into "Rob Ryans Cowboys"....

It's the Ryan family modus operandi, first perfected by the father, Buddy, when he was D co-ordinator for the Bears UNDER Ditka....at one point, Ditka and Ryan didn't even talk to each other...supposedly. Anyway, when the bigmouth father finally got his shot with Philly, he pulled the exact same crap his toe tickler son has with the Jets...build and coach a top defense...treat offense like a necessary evil.

They should find a way to add HC's and coordinators to fantasy football. All you fanboys would have a field day...

I doubt that Ryan is coming back. However, and I can't believe I'm syaing this, But Ryan showed some real class yesterday. Did anyone else notice that he had the "MHK" decal and the "AL" decal on the back of his play calling sheet. Classy move, espeically when you consider the gene pool he comes from.

It may be a great idea, but not sure his ego would take second place to our top dog..

Jones/Garrett love him, because Garrett is a newer coach and does not have to worry about the D... but after yesterday, better start really worrying about the O..

It's the Ryan family modus operandi, first perfected by the father, Buddy, when he was D co-ordinator for the Bears UNDER Ditka....at one point, Ditka and Ryan didn't even talk to each other...supposedly. Anyway, when the bigmouth father finally got his shot with Philly, he pulled the exact same crap his toe tickler son has with the Jets...build and coach a top defense...treat offense like a necessary evil.

Many fans here would prefer that we play this way..

Well, i've read patriot reign and i understand your point. However, sometimes i feel like belichick overthinks things or maybe feels like he doesn't need help, but the on the field product suggests otherwise. It was just a thought. Do you not think we need a DC in place? Do you believe Belichick can turn this D around without one? We haven't won a superbowl since we've had a good DC. If there's ANY chance you can pull someone like Rob Ryan in, i think you do it. I LOVE Belichick, but i think he's better with help.

This is in reply to Dabruinz post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back