PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Rang's Risers and Fallers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't copy and paste as it's only on a pay site (nfldraftscout.com) right now, although Rang's stuff sometimes ends up on Fox Sports too.

Anyway, a few interesting notes :

He's saying the Michael Huff may not go until the mid teens as teams may be looking at him as a Safety, not a CB, which lowers his value. Huff is a guy I'd be real interested in trading up for if he were there around 15. I expected him to be top ten which puts him out of our reasonable trade up range.

He says that Chad Greenway could fall out of the first round. Not necessarily expected but reasonably possible. The momentum defintely looks like he'll be there at #21, probably along with Carpenter giving us some choice at LB.

Santonio Holmes, he also has as a possible second rounder now. From what I've heard from Ohioans, I doubt we'll be interested in him but he could be there at #21 if we are.

There's some other interesting stuff too but I had better leave it there.

I think LB options will be there but Huff slipping into reach would be amazing. I am drinking Huff's Kool-aid for sure. :D

If Huff makes it past Detroit, then someone in Detroit needs to start an investigation. Talk about a perfect match.

Irish Hooligan said:
but Huff slipping into reach would be amazing.
I don't disagree with you, that's why I mentioned that as Rang does have some decent contacts around the league. Again, though, I doubt he gets out of the top ten.

Jason Avant slipping

Love that he had Jason Avant dropping ... because he ran a 4.8 at his Pro Day. Forget that $&!^ ... He ran 4.5 at the combine He was the best looking receiver in the combine drills. He has huge hands and catches everything, runs disciplined routes. If we could snag him late 3rd or early 4th I would be ecstatic.

Mark Morse said:
Love that he had Jason Avant dropping ... because he ran a 4.8 at his Pro Day. Forget that $&!^ ... He ran 4.5 at the combine He was the best looking receiver in the combine drills. He has huge hands and catches everything, runs disciplined routes. If we could snag him late 3rd or early 4th I would be ecstatic.
Yeah, he didn't give a round that he was slipping to - although it's a horrendous WR group up top there is a fairly interesting group for Rounds 2-4 so a bad 40 could drop a guy from the 4th WR to the 10th WR fairly easily. I bet we could get Avant or Stovall with our early #3 and maybe one of them with our late #3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back