Rob Rang on Aaron Curry

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayoclinic

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This from NFLdraftscout today:

Road to draft: Safest prospect Curry could fall on Draft Day - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

It makes sense to me that Curry might fall. He's the safest defensive prospect in the draft, but top 5 money to an LB who isn't a Lawrence Taylor pass rushing demon is questionable. At the 3-4 Curry projects best to SILB, and that's a lot of money for an SILB.

I think KC could well pass on Curry at #3 and that we could see something like Stafford-JSmith-Monroe-Sanchez-Crabtree as the top 5 picks, with no defender in the top 5. It will be interesting to see if Curry slips a bit - he seemed to get overhyped after going unrecognized earlier in the year - and who takes him. I doubt he will fall to within our range, though he would make a nice combo with Mayo at ILB..

it's not even worth thinking about curry. i wouldn't draft him if I was KC, but if I was Seattle or Green Bay, hell yes.

Mayo and Curry would be unbelievable. If he were to somehow fall past 6, and fell to seven at Oakland, I think the Pats could very well make a trade.

23 + 34 +89 would probably do it.

Or maybe 23 + 47 + conditional pick

All I know is that although I have not finalized my Pats draft board, Curry will be number 1.

Missouri's Spring Practice...

Missouri Defense is Golden | Behind the Stripes
Weatherspoon pushed the No. 1 offense back with a blitz up the middle that would have brought Gabbert down. The NFL scouts told Spoon there’s one thing he needs to work on this year if he wants to be a first-round draft pick in 2010: shedding offensive linemen.

I'd probably slaughter innocent children to get Aaron Curry on this team. If he dropped past 6 or 7, I'd hope we'd try and make a move to trade up, but alas I don't think either of those things will happen.

I'd probably slaughter innocent children to get Aaron Curry on this team. If he dropped past 6 or 7, I'd hope we'd try and make a move to trade up, but alas I don't think either of those things will happen.

:rofl:

One big thing we've never seen Belichick do is trade picks from early in the next year's draft. A part of me wonders if it's possible that the Patriots could mortgage part of their 2010 draft class for a shot to move way up and take Curry.

A review of their recent draft history, of course, suggests that if they wanted to move up, they'd use 2009 picks - so I'm not guessing this scenario to be very likely.

This made me laugh. The only trades i see Belichick trading up for anyone. Trading down is more likely imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes