PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Parker of ESPN: Patriots overrated, Brady's season a fluke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in my 50's...lived in N.E. all my life but I've traveled all over the world.

In all this time here is one thing I have NEVER EVER heard...

LETS GO TO BUFFALO

Judging by your username, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt about not understanding how championships work.

That'd be a mistake. Watching sports isn't exactly like nuclear physics. It's pretty simple stuff. The team you root for has nothing to do with understanding how championships get won.

It's easy to see the current Patriots are mentally weak. The team I root for has nothing do with making this observation. What kind of team listens to Jets talk smack all week and then gets beat by them in their own house, in the playoffs? This, after getting beat in their own building in January LAST year?

But with so many young players developing and maturing, a bunch of extra picks in this year's draft, a HOF QB playing at his peak, and BB to run the show, things are looking pretty positive.

Your HOF QB certainly hasn't been playing "at his peak", at least not in his last six playoff games. 2-4 and the stats are pretty ugly. Your young D still can't stop the run, and there are serious questions about it's mental toughness.

Oh and judging by YOUR username, ConvertedPatsFan, you may want to hold off on using the term "we".

Let me guess, jump on the wagon around about 2001?

Last edited:
That'd be a mistake. Watching sports isn't exactly like nuclear physics. It's pretty simple stuff. The team you root for has nothing to do with understanding how championships get won.

It's easy to see the current Patriots are mentally weak. The team I root for has nothing do with making this observation. What kind of team listens to Jets talk smack all week and then gets beat by them in their own house, in the playoffs? This, after getting beat in their own building in January LAST year?

Your HOF QB certainly hasn't been playing "at his peak", at least not in his last six playoff games. 2-4 and the stats are pretty ugly. Your young D still can't stop the run, and there are serious questions about it's mental toughness.

Oh and judging by YOUR username, ConvertedPatsFan, you may want to hold off on using the term "we".

Wait, Buffalo still has fans?

Didn't know people actually still supported that embarrassment of a team. How many is it in a row against you guys? 15+? :rofl:

Wait, Buffalo still has fans?

Didn't know people actually still supported that embarrassment of a team. How many is it in a row against you guys? 15+? :rofl:

inb4 Bills win one against us this season

You can jump on the wagon anytime you like because your team, in your market, with your players, with your coaches, with your talent evaluators, with your (free-loading) owner will never be competitive again. And our team will be for a long time. So, welcome aboard!!

No disagreement there. The team wasn't strong enough mentally. But you're wrong about the decline. 2009's loss to the Ravens was about a team in decline. The 2010 team's problem was youth and inexperience.

Yeah, Brady hasn't been at his best the past two play-off games. But again, streaks are meant to be broken. He was unbeatable early in his career, and obviously that changed, but that doesn' mean it'll always stay that way either. Manning went on a similar awful streak to start his career (3-5) but eventually bumbled into a Super Bowl.

Look, the 4 SB losses in a row and the 15 straight losses to the Pats probably have you convinced that bad streaks never end. But they do. You guys will beat the Pats one day. And maybe even win that SB. You and I may not be alive when it happens, but it can and will happen. Streaks are not destiny.

Got me there :D Well actually 2000. I got in before the Super Bowls ;)

I really only started following the team because they drafted Brady, who remains my all-time fav college player, even when he was warming the bench at Michigan. I was shocked he got drafted though, but just hoped to see him play once or twice in the NFL before he got cut. So I was a bit off about that...

No disagreement there. The team wasn't strong enough mentally. But you're wrong about the decline. 2009's loss to the Ravens was about a team in decline. The 2010 team's problem was youth and inexperience.

Yeah, Brady hasn't been at his best the past two play-off games. But again, streaks are meant to be broken. He was unbeatable early in his career, and obviously that changed, but that doesn' mean it'll always stay that way either. Manning went on a similar awful streak to start his career (3-5) but eventually bumbled into a Super Bowl.

Look, the 4 SB losses in a row and the 15 straight losses to the Pats probably have you convinced that bad streaks never end. But they do. You guys will beat the Pats one day. And maybe even win that SB. You and I may not be alive when it happens, but it can and will happen. Streaks are not destiny.

Got me there :D Well actually 2000. I got in before the Super Bowls ;)

I really only started following the team because they drafted Brady, who remains my all-time fav college player, even when he was warming the bench at Michigan. I was shocked he got drafted though, but just hoped to see him play once or twice in the NFL before he got cut. So I was a bit off about that...

Brady was your favorite college player even when he was on the bench? I'm sorry but it seems you're really stretching to prove your fanhood.

A certain hall of fame QB that some say is the best QB ever (Montana) had a worse playoff streak (3 atrocious games) then won another super bowl. A streak is just a streak til its broken, then its a new streak.

Brady was your favorite college player even when he was on the bench? I'm sorry but it seems you're really stretching to prove your fanhood.

It's sadly true. The whole story is even much lamer than you might think. :p

I grew up near Detroit and followed the Wolverines. And Brian Griese was the starter and would eventually lead us to a co-national championship. He was talented, and I liked him for what he did, but I didn't relate to him. His father was a legend, he came from strong bloodlines, he was born to be an athlete. Basically all the things I wasn't.

So I really related to Brady. Basically I was the slow-footed guy who stayed on the team by working harder and trying to be smarter than everyone else and be a leader. But I got benched for some guy who was much more athletic, though he made a lot of mental mistakes.

That's part of the reason I never warmed up to Henson either. Like Griese, he was a natural athlete and many wanted him to start over the awkward Brady.

The other reason I never warmed up to Henson was because he sucked ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back