PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Ninkovich Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VrabelJr

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I don't know if one exists already, but there should be one. He's a really, really great player and he's having a pretty awesome year. Look at his stats:

52 tackles, 42 of which are solo
8 sacks from the LDE position
One INT (could be two!)
5 Tackles For Losses
And about a million QB pressures/hits - I don't subscribe to any fancy pants statistics website anymore so I can't tell you this exact number.

He seems to always make the plays we need when we need them. And his 42 solo tackles lead me to believe he's stopping plays dead in their tracks. It's pretty nuts that he's continuing to get better going into his 30s. What an awesome Patriot Rob Ninkovich is.

He is a human...

1293649633-95644700.jpg

;)

I remember when he couldn't seal the edge. So he worked on it and became better at it. Like Adalius Thomas . . . Oh wait . . .:eek:

fist player since tippett with at least 8 sacks in 3 strait years...pretty dam good for us

Figures that a guy named VrabelJr would start a Ninkovich appreciation thread. ;)

Matt Light was talking about Nink's contributions this year on the Hillman Show Monday morning.

Matt Light was talking about Nink's contributions this year on the Hillman Show Monday morning.
Heard that, too. Seems to really like and respect Ninkovich and clearly BB does too.

We can practically have one of these for every one on the defense.

I think from a mainstream fan perspective he might be not be appreciated, but everyone who's a real Patriot fan should be aware of what he has consistently brought to the team.

In any game, notice how many times Ninko drops back in coverage. Imagine if he was allowed to pin his ears back and rush the passer every play like other top DEs in the NFL? His sack total could be double digits these last couple of years.

Great run defender, underrated pass rusher, and decent at coverage (when he's not covering Cobb on a wheel route :D)

Ninko and Edelman may be my favorite Pats. Swiss army knives, great locker room guys, and on two of the best value contracts in the NFL.

As the worst starter in the NFL it's safe to say that Ninkovich has raised the bar for the entire league. Congratulations Rob on not sucking anywhere near as much as some of the *****ier biatches here claimed you sucked.

BTW-Who was the rocket scientist here who named Nink the "worst starter in the NFL?' C'mon now, stand up and take a bow.

Last edited:
As the worst starter in the NFL it's safe to say that Ninkovich has raised the bar for the entire league. Congratulations Rob on not sucking anywhere near as much as some of the *****ier biatches here claimed you sucked.

BTW-Who was the rocket scientist here who named Nink the "worst starter in the NFL?' C'mon now, stand up and take a bow.
I was just looking for that thread! Search function isn't working too well, though.

And about a million QB pressures/hits - I don't subscribe to any fancy pants statistics website anymore so I can't tell you this exact number.

According to Chris Price, Ninkovich leads the Pats with 31 QB hurries and 16 QB hits.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports...r-qb-9/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It's OT to this thread, but Jamie Collins has 15 pressures and 6 hits, and Dominique Easley 7 pressures and 2 hits. I think those numbers are impressive given Easley's limited playing time and injuries, and Collins' other roles. I think that those will be our 2 most explosive guys down the road.

I can't remember who said it on the radio but they made a point that Bill has the eye to reincarnate players of the past with new guys. He cited Bavaro and Gronk but Nink and Vrabel is the easy one. Collins is turning into Carl Banks although Banks was outside in a 3-4 there are similarities. I can't think of a player Bill's had like Easley.

Last edited:
I can't remember who said it on the radio but they made a point that Bill has the eye to reincarnate players of the past with new guys. He sighted Bavaro and Gronk but Nink and Vrabel is the easy one. Collins is turning into Carl Banks although Banks was outside in a 3-4 there are similarities. I can't think of a player Bill's had like Easley.
Maybe Jarvis Green? Similar size.

I can't remember who said it on the radio but they made a point that Bill has the eye to reincarnate players of the past with new guys. He sighted Bavaro and Gronk but Nink and Vrabel is the easy one. Collins is turning into Carl Banks although Banks was outside in a 3-4 there are similarities. I can't think of a player Bill's had like Easley.

Collins is much more fluid in coverage than Banks was, and I personally think he's more explosive, not that Banks wasn't a great player.

I don't think BB's had anyone quite like Collins or Easley, and I think that if Easley can get healthy and stay on the field consistently that he'll have as much of an impact as Collins. Like Collins, I expect him to be labelled as a "bust" and a "wasted draft pick" by many on this board until he starts to break out on a consistent basis. He's been highly productive in the limited time he's been on the field, especially given injuries and the learning curve.

The exact type of guy Belichick loves, a jack of all trades who's competent-to-above-average in every aspect of defensive play. Revis has been the shining star of this defense, he allows BB to do all kinds of stuff at the line, but Ninko is the one who holds the front 7 together, even when they're missing a few key guys he can plug into all sorts of roles and excel. As much as people talk about how underrated he is...he's still underrated.

He's a smart tough player. He's a guy, like Vrabel, will continue to be in the game after he retires

Collins is much more fluid in coverage than Banks was, and I personally think he's more explosive, not that Banks wasn't a great player.

I don't think BB's had anyone quite like Collins or Easley, and I think that if Easley can get healthy and stay on the field consistently that he'll have as much of an impact as Collins. Like Collins, I expect him to be labelled as a "bust" and a "wasted draft pick" by many on this board until he starts to break out on a consistent basis. He's been highly productive in the limited time he's been on the field, especially given injuries and the learning curve.

For his era Banks was that explosive. If you compare Bavaro and Gronk you can say version 2.0 is also bigger, faster and more explosive.

Easley is a matter of health. If he can get healthy watch out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes