PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski: Miracle Healer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Terrell Owens can play (and perform) on a fractured fibula and sprained ankle I'm fairly certain Gronkowski will be a dominant force for the Patriots come Sunday.

That situation was different than gronk's. T.O had almost 4 weeks to recover just in time for the superbowl.

That situation was different than gronk's. T.O had almost 4 weeks to recover just in time for the superbowl.
That depends on how you rate the severity of the injuries. Either way, the point still stands. It's possible.

That depends on how you rate the severity of the injuries. Either way, the point still stands. It's possible.

I think the pats should just use gronk as pass-blocker to throw the giants game plan off the tracks.

I think the pats should just use gronk as pass-blocker to throw the giants game plan off the tracks.
Or they could continue to do what has made them arguably the most explosive offense in all of football utilizing the mismatches Gronkandez create.

That would not likely be enough, I am afraid.

They need Gronk to contribute, at least on some level in their passing game. It becomes much easier to line up and scheme against Welker, Hernandez, and Branch.

We need that 4th very viable option.

That would not likely be enough, I am afraid.

They need Gronk to contribute, at least on some level in their passing game. It becomes much easier to line up and scheme against Welker, Hernandez, and Branch.

We need that 4th very viable option.

That's they need some contribution from chad johnson and slater.

If gronk is less than 75% i don't see the point in throwing to him.

That's they need some contribution from chad johnson and slater.

If gronk is less than 75% i don't see the point in throwing to him.

That's a fair enough thought that someone else can contribute, but I'm not sure it'd work/or that they should mess with what got them here this late in the season.

I understand your thoughts, but a Gronk at 75% is probably still enough--even if it's 5-6 catches.

As much as I want Slater/Ocho to contribute, I shudder to think what would happen in a key situation with those two.

I agree that Gronk being less than about 2/3rd should probably be used mainly as a decoy. The problem with that is it now throws Brady off his game a bit too, and we definitely don't want to see that.

I hope that the glaring weakness at WR doesn't have to show up on Sunday, as I think they should have considered getting those guys more looks throughout the yr. Of course, that's hard when you are having good success with what you are doing.

I think Gronk can contribute enough for us to win, if the other positions do their jobs effectively enough.

Or they could continue to do what has made them arguably the most explosive offense in all of football utilizing the mismatches Gronkandez create.

What If he's unable to explode like he can? gronk only way to contribute would be to pass-block to help buy more time for brady.;

Last edited:
What If he's unable to explode like he can? gronk only way to contribute would be to pass-block to help buy more time for brady.;
Gronk will be fine. Bank it.

the way I see it, he's got one gimpy ankle....the left one.......so, at a minimum, he will have no problems breaking to the left since that requires the use of his right ankle.

what is unknown is the degree of the sprain, and I also believe that at the age of 22, that he still heals at a pretty fast rate as compared to someone like 2009 freeney (the popular comparison) since he was older and the body had been subjected to so much more wear and tear.

I think (and hope, also) that his injury is overblown (intentionally to a degree).

he stepped back on the field that day, I think the sprain is pretty mild

If he plays and plays well I can see another John Parr remix on the horizon - Gronkowski's fire :eek:

Maybe he can use Schilling's bloody sock or create his own?

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye