PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Road Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFaninAZ

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Well, it's a small sample size, but the team is now 0-3 in its three true road games; that is, games at the opposition's stadium. I guess last night was an improvement in that we finally scored some second half points on the road. But the reality is that the team's second half performances on the road this year have been the difference between, say, 8-1 and 6-3. All three games we took a lead into the second half, and we were outscored collectively 44-10.

At 6-3 with more road games left than home and a very difficult schedule, the reality is that we are very likely to have to play two road games if we wish to make it to the super bowl.

Maybe, as I said, it's a small sample size and not really indicative of anything. But getting outscored about 15-3 in the second half is not a recipe for long-term success.

The next 2 road games are going to be tough,Obviously the Miami game is much more important of the two between the Saints and Miami but the team really needs to win both to secure division title hopes which could drop in a flash if this loss lingers into next weeks clash at home against the Jets.

1 and 3 is not a good sign of a great team. They still have some time to develop some leadership on a certain side of the ball. Future is bright, hopefully this p*sses some people off down there and they start digging in!

Well, it's a small sample size, but the team is now 0-3 in its three true road games; that is, games at the opposition's stadium. I guess last night was an improvement in that we finally scored some second half points on the road. But the reality is that the team's second half performances on the road this year have been the difference between, say, 8-1 and 6-3. All three games we took a lead into the second half, and we were outscored collectively 44-10.

At 6-3 with more road games left than home and a very difficult schedule, the reality is that we are very likely to have to play two road games if we wish to make it to the super bowl.

Maybe, as I said, it's a small sample size and not really indicative of anything. But getting outscored about 15-3 in the second half is not a recipe for long-term success.

Very difficult schedule? Our December schedule is not too difficult. Our toughest 3 games are our next 3 I believe. The Jets will be fighting for their lives this week, the Saints obviously are undefeated and Miami is always tough for us.

2 of those games are on the road and these are statement games for us. We need to prove we can win on the road, and beat a real quality opponent. I am not worried with this team. Our O is fine, we put up 34 points on one of the best defenses in the league. Our D is young and getting better and better every week.

There lies the true weakness of the 2009 Patriots. They have not played a complete game on the road (not counting London) this season.

Depends on if you want to look at the glass being half full or - as appears to be the case with the majority today - glass being half empty.

If you are one of those that feels the season is over then you will dwell on 0-3, 44-10 in the second half of those three games, it's this coach's fault, I blame it on that player, etc.

Or you can consider that in those three losses the Pats have been outscored by a total of just 11 points. One play in any one of those three games, and the Patriots win each of those games. Three losses on the road to teams who collectively had a record of 16-0 when the Pats faced them. Maroney doesn't fumble, Brady doesn't throw the pick in the end zone, the team converts when they're on the Indy 5 - any one of those things happens and none of this gloom and doom today; all three happen and the final score is 52-28.

Before the season started, what did everybody think the Pats' record would be at this point? If this is the way people react to a one-point loss on the road in the last minute of the game to a very good football team, I can't imagine what will happen if the Pats get blown out, or lose to an average team.

The Patriots were badly outcoached by the Jets, Broncos, and Colts

in their road losses. The coaches of these teams were rookie coaches.

If this is the way people react to a one-point loss on the road in the last minute of the game to a very good football team, I can't imagine what will happen if the Pats get blown out, or lose to an average team.

I think you're focused on a lot of the bellyaching on this board in general, but I'm not sure what if anything it has to do with my post. I wasn't really reacting to anything or even trying to be negative. I'm just noting we haven't won a game in a hostile stadium yet this year and we're 9 games in. Since, if we make the playoffs, the team will probably need to win at least 2 road games to make the super bowl, I was just noting the point. Overall, I'm ok with where the team is. 6-3 is fine. Two games up in the division is excellent at the point.

As for the question where I thought we'd be at this point before the season started, I'm not sure. I would have predicted 12-4 or 13-3 before the year for the full season. We are not on track for either. Looks more like 11-5. Actually, if you offered me 11-5 right now with a win over the Jets, I'd take it instantly.

The next 2 road games are going to be tough,Obviously the Miami game is much more important of the two between the Saints and Miami but the team really needs to win both to secure division title hopes which could drop in a flash if this loss lingers into next weeks clash at home against the Jets.

Your signature is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye