Welcome to PatsFans.com

Road Rage Cop Shoots Woman and Child

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by scout, Apr 3, 2008.

1. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Sounds like he will be. Let it play out.

Perhaps the 8-yearold threatened him.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  3. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Well, that's the problem I have with it, 'let it play out'. Because he was a cop (off duty), its ok to shoot two people over a parking space. The woman and child had no weapon. Supposedly, he shot once, backed up and fired four more times at the other car. If he's a cop, then he carries more responsibility to uphold the law, not less..............JAIL right now, not tomorrow or the next day.
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I didn't read that part of the article....
    If true, this is yet another instance of cops being azzholes. This really sucks for good cops. I blame police departments and our new culture of accepting authority no matter what. All the Cop TV shows and the "All cops are heroes" bullsh!t contributes to the myth that all cops are good and you better do what you're told garbage.

Cops are the enforcers of the state. The state is the government. The government wants to take away your liberties.
  5. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +87 / 6 / -10

#37 Jersey

Good question, he damn well should be.

This is the kind of rare and isolated incidents that give the vast majority of cops a bad rap, especially when they put the "blue wall" up to protect this POS. The cops know what happened, they don't need no investigation. He should of been arrested and at the minimum suspended without pay. What the hell kind of man fights a lady and kid over a parking space?
  6. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Actually, I was channel surfing and caught that part on CNN (The Headline News guy who kind of annoys me). Then I never saw anything in the media so I googled it. At least thought one of our distinguished members would have posted it.
    Living here in Chicago, seems like a day doesn't go by without some cop being an azz. I mean it is constant.
  7. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I think that mother and her child are terrorist threat , that might be a decent explanation for the shooting?