Welcome to PatsFans.com

RNC's below-the-belt shot at Pelosi

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by reflexblue, May 24, 2009.

1. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +156 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

I really dislike Polosie myself, i wish she would go, but this is beyond pathetic. A 70 year old "Puzzy Galore" :confused:
    It sounds like a group of frat boy Rep. got together and came up with this sophmoric idea.

RNC's below-the-belt shot at Pelosi - Yahoo! News

he’s the 69-year-old speaker of the House of Representatives, second in the line of succession and the most powerful woman in U.S. history.

But when you see Nancy Pelosi, the Republican National Committee wants you to think “***** Galore.”

At least that’s the takeaway from a video released by the committee this week – a video that puts Pelosi side-by-side with the aforementioned villainess from the 1964 James Bond film “Goldfinger.”

The RNC video, which begins with the speaker’s head in the iconic spy-series gun sight, implies that Pelosi has used her feminine wiles to dodge the truth about whether or not she was briefed by the CIA on the use of waterboarding in 2002. While the P-word is never mentioned directly, in one section the speaker appears in a split screen alongside the Bond nemesis – and the video’s tagline is “Democrats Galore.”

The wisdom of equating the first woman speaker of the House with a character whose first name also happens to be among the most vulgar terms for a part of the female anatomy might be debated – if the RNC were willing to do so, which it was not. An RNC spokesperson refused repeated requests by POLITICO to explain the point of the video, or the intended connection between Pelosi and Galore.

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

Not a huge fan of Pelosi, but she is what she is 3rd in line for the POTUS.. without regard wonder how all this vitriol will resonate with a lot of women out there, particularly on the left coast.. not enough information about the demographics..

Not sure the intent of all this, destroy Pelosi..

Will GOP attacks on Nancy Pelosi backfire? - John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

3. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

I'm pretty much in agreement that it was a dumb, ineffective ad, but the faux outrage it's generating from the left is equally overblown and stupid.

The fact remains, Madam Speaker, the third in line of succession to the throne, is rapidly becoming little more than a caricature that nobody can take serious. This is much more of an issue then some dumb ad by the rudderless RNC. :rolleyes:

Doubly so, knowing that the second in line just ahead of her is 5x the baffoon she is. Our country is in real trouble should something happen to "the One". Much as I disagree with his politics, NO ONE is hoping that nothing bad happens to his highness in the next couple years as much as I.

4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +569 / 8 / -8

They also oddly resurrected the "Daisy" ad used against Goldwater, from the same year (1964)...

Maybe the whole Republican party is intent on re-playing the 1960s, because that's what resonates most with Americans? :confused2:

These guys are becomming the Washington Generals of politics... the difference is, the Dems don't even need to be like the Harlem Globetrotters to make them look this way.

I don't care what your politics are, it's got to be a temptation to vote Democratic at this point, just to watch what entertaining stuff the Republicans come up with when they lose.

PFnV

5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

Faux outrage is a common denominator for both parties as evidenced on this message board..

6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Wow actually paid for by the RNC:confused:

Good luck with that ad guys.

Here's a direct link to the video on Youtube, btw. The link in Flex's story link didn't work (for me anyway).

I should also point out that the plot of Goldfinger hinged on Possey helping Bond defeat the bad guy. She only started out as a quasi-criminal lesbian stunt pilot, by the end her actions, in concert with 007 of course, rescued the USA from the economic collapse that would have resulted from the irradiation of all the gold in Fort Knox.

Seems allegorical to how the Speaker and Obama are working to rescue the USA from economic collapse in the present. Heck if ol' Rush was just taller and blonder we'd have an actual Goldfinger too.

7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

The way I heard it was that Rush loves goldfingers..

8. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Without a doubt.

9. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

oh! Oh! Oh! Are you kidding me?!? What faux outrage are you talking about?!? :d

10. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

That's the scariest thing of all. obama has the best life insurance EVER with Biden and Pelosi backing him up. Even the biggest obama hater would have to think twice . . .

11. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +569 / 8 / -8

LOL well I'm sure we'll see this differently, but reallly? Ever?

Cheney?

PS, weirdest thing about the ad: nobody at the RNC tought twice about putting the speaker of the house in the familiar rifled barrel that starts a bond film, having a gunshot ring out, and the screen fill w/blood?

I understand it's the Bond meme, but do we really think this wasn't discussed?

In context I think what we see here is supposed to be viral. It's an "any publicity is good publicity" strategy, from what I can see. We're supposed to be complaining about this ad.

I'm more scratching my head. I dunno. Seems like whatever they were shooting for, as the saying goes, they missed.

12. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

You may disagree with Cheney but at least he thinks though issues and has a lot of intelligence. Again, you probably disagree with his conclusions but he's a smart guy. I would think you could/would respect that given the thought you put into issues. Biden, on the other hand, is just an over reactionary doofus.

13. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +569 / 8 / -8

Well, given our respective good moods today, I'll just treat it as a friendly sunday afternoon chat....

So you guys had the evil genius pulling the strings from #2, and the #1 was a doofus, and the Dems have the good genius pulling the strings from the #1 spot, with a doofus saying silly stuff in the background now and then?

Actually that sounds like the right order to put them in. I mean, worst thing that can happen is the Dems end up w/a guy prone to gaffes getting "promoted" via disaster... with the Republicans, it would have been like gomer pyle getting pulled with Darth Vader waiting in the wings.

14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

I'm certainly not going to object to Bush being called a "doofus"; in fact that might be generous. obama is no genius, though. He's a decent theoretician, at best, who seems to have no clue about reality. I suspect he would make an average to above average professor. And a lousy President.

15. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yes, they should liken her to Janet Cooke or any other woman who lied and made it up, for the public, as she went along. But, as Pelosi already informed the media she doesn't want to talk about that. So of course the media obliged and heeled like good dogs.