PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RKarp says NFL Will be Announcing A News Conference This Afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really starting to go back to my belief this is just a diversion so the NFL can avoid a ****show over domestic violence next week from all the press covering Super Bowl (especially non-sports press). Otherwise, I've never seen a larger mountain constructed from a smaller mo-hill.

no way

I'm not going to define inspect. I was dealing with the statement as written, nothing more. Dr. Pain is apparently dealing with the statement as testimony, which it is not. The league wrote what it wrote.

Lawyers wrote this so it is handled by them like this. Each word is chosen for very specific reasons. Words are not used for specif reasons too. Inspect does not mean PSI measure. Under inflated does not mean deflated. If the NFL had proof the balls were PSI measured pregame and the measured less at half time they would have used the word deflated. 100% on this no doubt. The NFL has nothing now and they are looking into how these under inflated balls came to be. Easy answer, the reffs did not PSI measure and the Patriots left that to them. Aaron Rogers stated the same thing.

Under inflated is from a standard while deflated is from a measured point.

Why not? NFL has all journalists covering the Super Bowl tied up right now. The whole nation has been itching for social upheaval and change recently...don't think domestic violence was going to be on the docket before? Suddenly we're talking about PSI instead. It's Goodell's way of dictating the talk these two weeks. And a chance to look like the enforcer again. Win-win for him.

If they really knew in November that there were suspicions about the Patriots ball practice and still did this, there's no other conclusion to be reached. I don't know if they did, as I suspect that report is bogus like the Jackson one.

Why not? NFL has all journalists covering the Super Bowl tied up right now. The whole nation has been itching for social upheaval and change recently...don't think domestic violence was going to be on the docket before? Suddenly we're talking about PSI instead. It's Goodell's way of dictating the talk these two weeks. Chance to look like the enforcer again. Win-win for him.

yah well Bob Kraft is not serving up his mulit-BILLION dollar company as a sacrificial lamb in the most important week of the year

yah well Bob Kraft is not serving up his mulit-BILLION dollar company as a sacrificial lamb in the most important week of the year

Kraft has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I'm simply saying this is a trivial offense the NFL has made a huge deal for PR purposes.

Kraft has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I'm simply saying this is a trivial offense the NFL has made a huge deal for PR purposes.

And let's hope it turns right around in their faces -- it is deserved (because you are right, this is trivial).
Sadly the ignition for it beginning turning on the NFL is there (how did the refs not know a deflated 'cheating' ball they handle every play? How come a whole half of football was played with a 'cheating' football, isn't stopping the game better for the "integrity"? Why do you give the balls to the teams to do with anything they want if it provides such an competitive advantage? If this makes such a competitive difference (cheating), how come you do not have a league approved pressure gauge at time of checking the balls, document the pressure for each ball to show it is certified, put them under lock and key until teams are on the field, require all balls to stay on the field?

Lots of decent to good questions to be posed to the NFL. Unfortunately those responsible for those questions are ESPN, Borges, the Globe etc etc. But these lops have their chosen villain, one they have played up, and they don't want another getting in the way.

Really starting to go back to my belief this is just a diversion so the NFL can avoid a ****show over domestic violence next week from all the press covering Super Bowl (especially non-sports press). Otherwise, I've never seen a larger mountain constructed from a smaller mo-hill.

Herr Goodell's inner monologue after the NFL came up with nothing on this investigation

"I could come out and say that there was no proof that there was any tampering of the footballs and let media row next week talk about my incompetence this season or I could drag this thing out until Friday afternoon next week or even after the SB"

Lawyers wrote this so it is handled by them like this. Each word is chosen for very specific reasons. Words are not used for specif reasons too. Inspect does not mean PSI measure. Under inflated does not mean deflated. If the NFL had proof the balls were PSI measured pregame and the measured less at half time they would have used the word deflated. 100% on this no doubt. The NFL has nothing now and they are looking into how these under inflated balls came to be. Easy answer, the reffs did not PSI measure and the Patriots left that to them. Aaron Rogers stated the same thing.

Under inflated is from a standard while deflated is from a measured point.

Your reading comprehension sucks.

Your reading comprehension sucks.

This is the way lawyers think, write and act and it doesn't matter if you agree or disagree. Try and open your mind a bit and perhaps you will learn something.

This is the way lawyers think, write and act and it doesn't matter if you agree or disagree. Try and open your mind a bit and perhaps you will learn something.

I'm a lawyer. Care to try again?

That is a scary though

Your inability to comprehend what were two very easily understood posts is your failing, not mine.

I'm a lawyer. Care to try again?

i knew it!!!!!!

i was sure deus was either a lawyer or a former HS/college debate guy

how does he have so much time for patsfans/patriots/nfl?

is he retired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back