PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RKarp says NFL Will be Announcing A News Conference This Afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Good test to see if this guy really IS inside info.

I don't see it anywhere else right now.

http://www.boston.com/community/user/5219016

Posted 01/23/2015 12:30:00 EST
NFL announcing news conference for this afternoon

I don't see anywhere else right now.

Vegas Sharks on Twitter said they expected an announcement by the end of today too.

Big test of these "insiders" are they legit or are they Erica Leigh clones.

I don't see anywhere else right now.

Posted 01/23/2015 12:30:00 EST
NFL announcing news conference for this afternoon
If the news conference is this afternoon, that's pretty short notice. Who is R. Karp?

Can't wait to see what they say.

friday afternoons, the time to release info for stories you want to die

Vegas Sharks on Twitter said they expected an announcement by the end of today too.

Big test of these "insiders" are they legit or are they Eric Leigh clones.

Erica had a sex change?

If the news conference is this afternoon, that's pretty short notice. Who is R. Karp?

Reginald Terrence Karp VIII. Famous sailor of the seas and universe. His great grandfather was a Civil War general. One of his aunts invented the toaster.

Joking aside: I have no f'in clue who anyone in the media is anymore and even if someone is someone, who gives a damn anyway.

I'll be rolling up a nice blunt around that time!!

so the League talked to TFB last night, this am??

oooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Any links on time.

I definitly beleive the "Sharks of Vegas".... They are the MONEY players in this (ruled by $$, not emotion), they have a vested interest in knowing what penaties will be handed down, which will in turn effect money already betted on the outcome (e.g. BB or TFB suspension). It will affect the line.

They likely have the real inside track.

He's an ESPN employee who posts on boston.com's boards. He was discussed on the (currently) 262 page megathread. The initial mention of him, I forget who, said his information has been wrong once or twice but correct way, way more.

He's been saying for a couple of days that the Patriots will be exonerated.
http://www.boston.com/community/for...er/pats-will-be-exonerated/100/7784519?page=1
NFL will find no wrong doing by the team. the ball boys that the Pats use are local, but not employed by the Pats. they are paid by the NFL.

Pats did nothing wrong here, but that wont wipe away the stain...

He probably has a gf in NFL HQ.... lets see. Probably all they will say is that they are "reviewing the facts"dont get caught up in all the media blitz and the SB will go on as normal and it is the biggest event of the year, good luck to both teams. and BB sucks

I was on that board for years before they ruined it, and I'm pretty convinced he has inside information. Friends, job don't know. But definitely better info than insiders on TV.

Weird... can't find this information anywhere else.

friday afternoons, the time to release info for stories you want to die

While true, it's also the case that a weekend of discussing the ruling would then be followed by SB week. For better or worse, the NFL got their headline-grabbing news during a usually dead period for the league. And they got it BIG TIME.

We'll see...I expected a Friday announcement once Vincent said on Tuesday it'd be 2-3 days, and it makes the most logical sense from a marketing/PR perspective. I wish like hell the NFL were driven not by the headlines and instead by an interest in facts and truly investigating the situation, but that went out the window once they started leaking info to Mort.

I wonder if this guy is just going off the previous NFL declaration that they would have info for us in 2-3 days, which was 2-3 days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back