PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rivers to start according to NFL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great news..........

#1 - I'm not terribly impressed with a healthy Rivers, so a banged up one in a brace is even less impressive.

#2 - If Norvo-the-clown is letting Rivers play a week after an injury that caused him to be listed as doubtful, it's an automatic indication of just how confident the Chargers are in Volek (not very).

My guess is Big Vince sits Rivers down on the second series and Volek comes in, to the sound of a toilet flushing, and the flushing away of any chance of an upset.

I've been hoping Rivers was gonna "give it a go".
you weren't impressed with rivers last week?

It's annoying that San Diego thinks they are being sneaky and fooling everyone hiding Rivers' injury.

What the hell has this guy ever done for them to act like this?

That's like playing the same game with Jeff Garcia, except a less successful Jeff Garcia.

Ok i apologize for what i said, it was a huge insult to Garcia (who i like).

Rivers isn't in Garcia's league yet.

This is great news..........

#1 - I'm not terribly impressed with a healthy Rivers, so a banged up one in a brace is even less impressive.

#2 - If Norvo-the-clown is letting Rivers play a week after an injury that caused him to be listed as doubtful, it's an automatic indication of just how confident the Chargers are in Volek (not very).

My guess is Big Vince sits Rivers down on the second series and Volek comes in, to the sound of a toilet flushing, and the flushing away of any chance of an upset.

I've been hoping Rivers was gonna "give it a go".

on the contrary ,makes you wonder how banged up rivers really was. Everyone said he didnt practice but does someone actually see the entire practice ? Maybe its just norv playing it up all week that rivers was not ready. Also observe how quickly LT went out of the injury report even though he was injured enough not to return for 3 quarters of the game against indy.

If the rumor of the acl injury is true then this is weird. If true he would have trouble with lateral movement....and being a QB in the pocket with an acl injury to his plant leg would be disastrous. If he is throwing ducks to start out we know it's true, and he'll be replaced soon.

My thoughts exactly.

So if he is going to play what kind of plays can he realisticly do? Handoffs, and short dumps/screens?

Charders and Rivers are full of BS

They knew he would start the whole week

The "doubtful" label was BS also

Turner is trying to be cute

Charders and Rivers are full of BS

They knew he would start the whole week

The "doubtful" label was BS also

Turner is trying to be cute

Well it didn't work because BB and the Patriots didn't buy it. I'm sure that Rivers is banged up. You don't sit out practice all week for nothing.

My thoughts exactly.

So if he is going to play what kind of plays can he realisticly do? Handoffs, and short dumps/screens?

the ACL report is not what the chargers said publicly. i suspect they leaked it to play mind games. i doubt he has an ACL injury.

Good. Rivers is almost a guaranteed turnover or two. Let's make him AWARE, that the Pats defense is out there, and they're giving him nothing easy. Get him on the ground early, and often.

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly.

Pretty much explains their gameplan. Furthermore, it is his right leg. He has to plant and pushoff with it to have mustard on throws especially if the wind plays a role.

This game will be a massacre - Pats 42-13. SD has not played in this weather at all, plus they are hobbled. Thier Kicker is already imploding.

Warm weather/dome teams winning in cold weather places are not the norm. Just look at the histroy - Colts and Jacksonville at NE, Minny and TB in 90's at Philly, NY, Wash, Seattle at GB the last few yrs, NO in chicago, Raiders and Oilers and others at Buffalo in early 90's,

Philly the past 5 yrs would be the only team that has lost CG at home vs warm weather teams. Pitt would've won had they not screwed up vs Jags.

None of what SD has done here is surprising, it's not much different than what Belichick would do in a similar circumstance. Except that there would be less publicity and "leaks", everyone would simply have to wait and see.

Norv just confirmed all three will infact play

he'll leave the game at 1 point after going down. i do not see him being ready

Along the same lines, on ESPN's open they said Gates' toe was a lot more painful this week than last so I'm expecting Rivers and Tomlinson to play but Gates not to.

Goofy ESPN Clayton is saying Gates will see 50% of the plays. Of course he is reporting this from Lambeau!

Whithurts was designated as 3d QB, which suggests that Rivers does in fact feel well enough to give it a serious go.

Goofy ESPN Clayton is saying Gates will see 50% of the plays. Of course he is reporting this from Lambeau!

Calling him Goofy is being kind to Clayton

They are ALL Healthy. Good for them.
Our boys need to bring it for 60 minutes, not 30, 40 0or 50 minutes...60 MINUTES.

you weren't impressed with rivers last week?

No, not overly so.............. but I was more impressed with him than Manning. Indy lost that game as much as you won it. I look at the man's body of work. It ain't that great.

I quess we'll know in a few hours though, huh....

No, not overly so.............. but I was more impressed with him than Manning. Indy lost that game as much as you won it. I look at the man's body of work. It ain't that great.

I quess we'll know in a few hours though, huh....

Well Manning did his annual gag job in the playoffs. :)

The only reason he was able to beat us on his home turf last year was because our team was worn down after flu bug. :mad:
Else, we wouldve won that one too and gone on to blow away bears, and be going for #5 this yr !

i'm not saying rivers puts up brady numbers

but his entire body of work as a starter so far is very good

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill