PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rivers re-signed, Chad Brown released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Per Reiss...Rivers in Chad Brown Out

This is a very predictable resigning as Rivers was signed for two years, Chad Brown leaving is not as obvious. He may remain on the 60 man "shadow roster".

I agree, it would be kind of funny to see the Pats add and drop players for the rest of the year based on health and matchups. I am sure it would piss all the other GMs off even more.

Don't you guys think that CB will be immeadeatly signed by a team thin at LB,
Cleveland perhaps?

Don't you guys think that CB will be immeadeatly signed by a team thin at LB,
Cleveland perhaps?

Or Cincinnati.

I'd be surprised if the NEP went the rest of the season with just 8 LBs, incl. Izzo and Alexander; which is to say, with just 6 LBs.

Brown may not be able to hang on the shadow roster.

Romeo C & the browns are still hurtin for LBs. Yeah it would have been a 2fer to get him off the shadow roster right before the pats game; (a LB and intel on next opponent). But after their injuries last week they may be desperate and figure; hey castoffs from the best team in football (or at least 1 of top 3) are better than anything else we can find on the street.

I think due to Troy Brown's longevity with the team and the respect the patriots have for him I dont think he will another Rivers/Chad Brown where they activate him one week and cut him the next.

Yeah - you're probably right... that's one thing about Belichick... he consistently puts sentimentality ahead of winning. ;)

C'mon - not even Troy is expecting a place on the team unless they have a spot or a need. Depending on depth and injury they might cut him outright - but I think Troy will have no problem being a good team player whether he's on or off the roster, making himself available on a week to week basis, depending on the teams need for a special teamer, extra DB or should there be an injury at WR.

If someone else can contribute more in a given week than Troy, Troy himself would likely insist that they do what's best for the team. He knows where he is at this point in his career and I have no doubt he'd accept that role.

What is the fascination, if it is true, what is the fascination with...Marcellus Rivers?

We badly need a 3rd TE on the 53-man squad, although a couple of Practice Squad players would work also. We just can't afford to have only one healthy TE if there is an injury. We seem to be OK with using O'Callaghan or Hochstein as a 3rd blocking TE in a 3 TE set. That's fine. But we do need Rivers in case of injury. I must believe that Rivers was cut with the idea of re-signing him to a two year deal, but the move was dangerous just the same. How would bb have felt if Minny picked him up?

With regard to LB, bb has apparently decided to go with Alexander and Woods as backups, and Izzo as the emergency #8. This allows for two injuries. He has now cut Mays and Brown. Make no mistake, bb understands the needs of other teams, certainly Cinci and Cleveland. Brown could be starting in the next couple of weeks. Most everyone here has been willing to make this move weeks ago. Linebacker is a bit thin. Is the need for seven safeties/STers really a greater need? Is baker really more valuable than Mays or Chad Brown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes