Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rivers outplayed Brady

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by mcbee, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcbee

mcbee Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Brady must be kicking himself for such a bad performance. Was it the wind? The weather? His shoulder?

I've noticed that when he two weeks to prepare, his accuracy is much better. Maybe his shoulder needs extra rest.

Giants look tough..Eli is not choking the way he is supposed to. Their defense looks very tough...hard to run on, if not impossible, and they have a lot of speed in the linebackers and secondary.

Should be a great game. I hope the Pats win.
  2. Hoodie

Hoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

All the Boston papers are "reporting" that Giselle was at the game (albeit keeping a low profile) could she have been the cause of Tommy's bad game or is the only bad luck charm girlfriend Jessica Simpson? :D
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  3. swheeler23

swheeler23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Brady won. Nothing else matters. Without Brady they would not have been there.
  4. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I've heard (yeah, we all know how that goes:rolleyes: ) that Gieselle is at every Pats home game, so I doubt that was it.
  5. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +300 / 13 / -10

How did Rivers outplay Brady? Was it the 50% completion rate, or the less than 6 yards and attempt that impressed you? Or was it the zero TDs his offense put up?
  6. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -1

Since Brady got his team into the endzone, despite not having a good game, I can't say that Rivers out-performed him. Rivers did give a valiant effort on one leg, however.
  7. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0

I must've watched a different game than everybody who thought Brady had a bad game yesterday.

2/3 of his picks were Stallworth's fault. Stallworth made a horrible play on the first pick, obviously didn't read the D the same way Brady did, mistimed his jump, etc. Frankly, I'm a huge Stallworth fan, but he's been a terrible jump ball receiver, and if Brady deserves any onus for the pick, it's that he made a bad decision to throw that ball to Stallworth. He can throw that type of pass to Moss, but not Donte.

Second pick, Stallworth made at best a half-assed attempt to catch the ball.

Take those two out, and the day doesn't look so bad for Tom. Brutal weather, good defense. Sometimes I think fans forget there is another team out there on the field.
  8. mcbee

mcbee Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No INTs. That was the biggest thing.
  9. LoganMankinsPancakeBlocks

LoganMankinsPancakeBlocks Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Rivers was pitiful. He earned my respect for not pulling an LT, but all this talk I've heard about him playing very well is ridiculous.

Injured or not, that was a terrible performance where he completed 50% of his passes, averaged 5.7 yards per attempt, threw 2 picks and couldn't lead his team to the end zone once. Brady definitely outplayed him.
  10. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Agreed, out of 4 close in shots at the EZ, Brady got picked once, but led them to 3 TD's

In Rivers 4 shots, he only managed 4 FG's. Thats not good or outplaying anyone.

Great effort on one leg though. True Grit.
  11. LoganMankinsPancakeBlocks

LoganMankinsPancakeBlocks Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No INT's? Did you even watch the game? He threw two.
  12. dhamz

dhamz Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

HAHAHAHAHA

Talk about exposing yourself as nothing but a troll. He didn't even watch the game or take the time to look at the boxscore.
  13. QuinielaBox

QuinielaBox Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Brady atoned for his red zone INT by leading his team to score in the 4th and then engineering the final 9:00 minute keep away drive from San Diego.

Rivers had a better time throwing the mid range passes, while Brady was a better game manager.

This was a defensive game as I thought I would be.
  14. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Good grief.
  15. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +142 / 10 / -8

"Stinkeroo" ...finally !!

Frankly, I am glad that the "stinkeroo" has arrived and it didn't cost the Pats a game.

Every year it seems that Tom has a "stinkeroo" where he throws 3 or usually 4 INTs, and just is not himself. It was due and way overdue. That was a fear that I kept expecting as the season went on. Toward the end, without having had his "stinkeroo", I became even more concerned.

With that "stinkeroo" game behind him, finally, I fully expect the Pats complete their march to a Perfect Season.

I don't think the Super Bowl will be close, unlike many of these overrated impossible lines for poor weather games. Vegas has been setting up these long lines, and creating s impossible expectations. The Giants are not strong enough on either Offense to stay with the Pats, or strong enough on Defense, in the backfield, to match the Pats Defense.:D :D
  16. Oswlek

Oswlek Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

I vehemently disagree with this. Brady was bad - and not just "Brady bad" either. He played like a genuinely average QB having a below average day. On the first int, it was a bad decision and a bad throw. Stallworth wasn't really in position to break it up. On the second one, Stallworth didn't make a great attempt to catch it, but it was off as it led him too much (due to pressure from the right side) and the last one was either a terrible decision or a terrible throw.

Even check out the playcalling down the stretch. I personally think that Brady might have been sick as it seemed that NE was protecting him as if he were a more inexperiened player.

That doesn't mean that he didn't make his share of plays. It wasn't a Rex Grossman-type debacle, just a bad game.
  17. Oraukk

Oraukk Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Um...no. One interception and one almost interception that we recovered anyway. So two turnovers.
  18. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0

pick #1) If you watch the first INT again, Stallworth slowed up for no reason, and allowed the DB the space to make the play. It wasn't Brady's best decision, I'll give you that, but there was really no reason for that to be a pick. Again, if that's 81 lined up on that play, it's probably a 15 yard catch for Moss.
    pick#2) It was a bad decision, but Stallworth still probably should've caught it, and even if it doesn't, if it gives it more of an effort, it probably doesn't turn into a pick.

The third pick was another bad decision, but I don't think Brady saw Cromartie, he was hiding behind the O and D linemen.
  19. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +870 / 45 / -48

Disable Jersey

Rivers:

19-37, 211 yards, 0 tds, 2 ints

Brady:

22-33, 209 yards, 2 tds, 3 ints

Could you kindly explain to me how Rivers outplayed Brady?
  20. eom

eom Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

you are a ******* idiot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.