PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rivers back...LB Herron claimed off waivers [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rivers back...LB Herron cllaimed off waivers

I think the only reason that Rivers was cut was because they had plans for Mills but when the Vikes grabbed Mills they resigned him.

Then why cut Mills in the first place?:confused:

What I thought they wanted was to get him on the practice squad and took a chance and lost. Really only one of the Roster spots were available because I don't think that they are qoing to keep Samuel out next game.

Perhaps it was because the coaches had a player that wasn't good enough to play for them so they cut him. They then found another linebacker that was cut by another team who was better, and they signed him. Jeez, you guys watch a player make a couple plays against 3rd stringers in preseason games and you think he is going to be a starter. The coaches didn't think he was good, so they cut him. They found someone who they thought was better and they picked him up. No getting even no mistakes, after watching him for a couple months they new he wasn't good enough to make the team, so they cut him.

I tend to agree with you. The coaches and scouts probably liked Herron and wanted to sign him as an UDRFA, but Herron opted to sign with the Vikings instead as the perception is it would be easier to make their 53 man roster than to make our's.

I tend to agree with you. The coaches and scouts probably liked Herron and wanted to sign him as an UDRFA, but Herron opted to sign with the Vikings instead as the perception is it would be easier to make their 53 man roster than to make our's.
One thing I noticed in the draft report I posted was that they thought he had a real upside in a 3-4 defense...Minn's is NOT a 3-4...so??? It may be he'll have a better shot here.

Re: Rivers back...LB Herron claimed off waivers

I liked Rivers so I'm glad they have him back. The Patriots now have 4 TE's and 6 WR's. I hope Brady's arm doesn't fall off. That's a lot of passing options. Maybe they have a play where all 10 are on the field at once -:)

Re: Patriots sign TE Marcellus Rivers

Yesterday wants its news back. ;)

(I'll merge this thread to the other one)

Yesterday wants its news back. ;)

(I'll merge this thread to the other one)

Oops sorry guys, I didn't see the other thread!

Oops sorry guys, I didn't see the other thread!

No problem, it was on the second page.

If they had plans for Mills...why did they cut him?? They were 2 under the limit...so??? Makes no sense...

Sure it does. They didn't like him enough to keep Mills on the 53, but they figured he would make it to the PS.

If he had made it to our PS, we wouldn't have needed Rivers since we could call Mills up if there were more injuries.

When Minny signed Mills, if F'd up our plan and we had to get Rivers back as insurance against injury... which cost us a roster spot since Rivers, unlike Mills, couldn't be stashed on the PS.

As to Herron, maybe it was revenge and maybe it wasn't. I don't give a d*mn. Childress is a moron for divulging private inter-coach dealings. Whose gonna want to deal with Childress in the future (behind closed doors) when that bald baffoon might publish the conversation the next day.

Maybe he should try his hand at being a clown who makes balloon animals... he has the right look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back