PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rivers and James released; Mays and Thomas promoted; Asante officially activated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Re: Schefter expects Asante to play week 1

With James cut, that means only Asante, Gay & Hobbs are our true corners.

I guess that means Meriweather, Wilson and of course, Troy Brown (after PUP) will be on the depth chart at corner???

Willie Andrews maybe?

That's odd. We had room on the 53 to activate Asante into, didn't we?

Yes, in the other post, someone said just that.

Must mean they plan to sign someone after week one and have room for 'em right now.

My guess is a defensive lineman...or, they cut someone else and add a corner as well (which doesn't make sense seeing as they just cut a corner).

Last edited:

I'm a little uneasy about cornerback depth considering the injury history of Gay. It would be nice if James found a spot on the shadow roster, but he could definitely be picked up by someone else.

With Caldwell cut...there was 52...James cut 51...Samuel added...still down one...Thomas or Childress one or the other was moved up...OR???

Last edited:

Good news. Not just because of Samuel, but I'm glad we won't being seeing a washed up Tory James playing for us. The Cincy fans hated him.

Good news. Not just because of Samuel, but I'm glad we won't being seeing a washed up Tory James playing for us. The Cincy fans hated him.

I agree. He really didn't impress me that much during any of the preseason games. I wonder if they are going to pick up any of the players that they worked out this week.

Must mean they plan to sign someone after week one and have room for em right now.

My guess i a defensive lineman.....or, they cut someone else and add a corner as well (which doesn't make sense seeing as they just cut a corner)

Or they've already reached an agreement with Bobby Hamilton.

As some of us held, Tory James is JUNK. I wish him well, but I'm glad he's gone. (Crosses fingers...)

Maybe it'll be Tim Dwight. :rolleyes:

As some of us held, Tory James is JUNK. I wish him well, but I'm glad he's gone. (Crosses fingers...)

It's true that James didn't show too well in the preseason games recently. However, if(and WHEN) we have db injuries, James is going to still probably be better than most of what will be available. Especially considering that he at least has a jump on the playbook and scheme of the defense.

Of course if there are no injuries then there's no problem. I'm certainly not holding my breath on that though.

Asante Activated - Per Schefter on NFLN [released Tory James]

Asante Samuel activated for tomm's game per Adam Schefter.

Re: Asante Activated - Per Schefter on NFLN

Excellent...now let's hope the weather isn't TOO hot, and they don't run him ragged on that side.

Sweet. :rocker:

I bet the weather is indeed hot and humid. I expect Gay to play a substantial amount of time and even start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes