PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Rivers' ACL Completely Gone" -U-T Chargerblog

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Rivers is courageous and a liar...OK. So much for the "that's the first I've heard of it" when asked about his knee having an ACL tear. He played well yesterday and the load of teammates supporting him was obvious...so too was their subtle hints at Darth Vader on the sidelines!

If you had watched the Chargers games in the regular season where Billy Volek played, you'd understand why the coaches preferred to put in an injured Rivers over a healthy Volek. Both times he was put in, he threw interceptions on the first drive. The only good drive he had was against the Colts. I doubt Volek could have played an entire game without throwing more than 4 interceptions.
We knowfor a FACT that RIvers did not beat the Pats. If there was one chance in 20 that Volek might have, it is more than ZERO. We will never know if Volek could have done it, but we do know that Rivers did not.

I said before the game I wanted Rivers because he could not do the job, and I was right. RIvers did notget it done. Volek probably wouldnt have either, but he might have.

You're exaggerating the point. You guys are claiming injury report shenanigans with absolutely no evidence. I was saying that if the Chargers were getting an advantage, it would be one thing. But having LT be out when he should have been in, does that change things for the Patriots? Not really. If it was the opposite, where LT wasn't supposed to play and he did, then I see a big advantage for the Chargers.
Winner of the Annual Gobble-dee-gook post award for using so many powerful sounding words totally devoid of meaning.

As much as LdT is coming across as a baby, the observation about MCL and ACL is right on. As long as there's a brace the leg will be pretty good w/o ACL. When I lived in Colorado I had a friend who totally shredded his ACL at the beginning of ski season and still skied the whole season before having it rebuilt.

I knew it! I always suspected that the ACL is totally unnecessary. It is all a scam by Dr. James Andrews. How else could a doctor in freaking Alabama make that much cash.

Hundreds of professional athletes spending a year in rehab when you could just strap on a brace. Yes, I'm looking at you Chad Jackson! I'm going to wikipedia now to update all the ACL information from so-called "doctors".

You're exaggerating the point. You guys are claiming injury report shenanigans with absolutely no evidence. I was saying that if the Chargers were getting an advantage, it would be one thing. But having LT be out when he should have been in, does that change things for the Patriots? Not really. If it was the opposite, where LT wasn't supposed to play and he did, then I see a big advantage for the Chargers.

LdT was removed from the Colts game and didn't return. Diagnosed with a strained MCL. There is no way he should disappear from the injury report by Friday. The implication was that LdT was completely recovered, which the Bolts had to know wasn't true.

Gates was listed as "doubtful"...meaning that the Bolts didn't think Gates would play based on current information and what they could reasonably project would happen before gametime. Again, this was clearly not the case. The GM and coach effectly said they would run him out there on Sunday and assess his situation then. That is the definition of "questionable".

Putting aside the professional ethics of playing Rivers with a completely torn ACL...and the complete stupidity of saying the decision to play was up to Rivers...listing him as "doubtful" was inaccurate. They knew what they had on Friday and the ligament wasn't going to grow back by Sunday. List him as "questionable" just in case the remaining ligaments holding his leg together snap when he bends to lace his cleats.

"Rivers lower leg can now move in any direction independent of his upper leg. Kind of like those Lord of the Dance guys...or Riverdance I guess you could say. <laughs> Anyway, besides the risk that a gust of wind could blow him over before the snap, we feel that it is up to Rivers to determine if he can play."

If this is acceptable, especially before a championship game, you can effectively put whatever you want on the injury report. Given that the NFL continues to require it, reprimanded Belichick for listing Seymour as "probable" before leaving him behind on a trip to Denver and recently required more detail in the report...I would have to say that the NFL brass takes this seriously.

Serious enough to take any action? I mean, it is not like the Bolts recently beat up on any teams with reps on the competition committee.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back