Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ripe, fresh and new Bushisms to grow on

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Oct 3, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

at what point do this man's handlers say "Ok, George... Just 15 months to go... no more microphone, please?... you're killing us."

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/10/03/ap4184418.html

"You know, when you give a man more money in his pocket - in this case, a woman - more money in her pocket to expand a business, they build new buildings. And when somebody builds a new building, somebody has got to come and build the building.

"And when the building expanded, it prevented (sic) additional opportunities for people to work. Tax cuts matter. I'm going to spend some time talking about it," the president said.
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

and from the same awkward speech, to the Pennsylvanian Dutch:

He offered a pointed description of his job.

"My job is a decision-making job. And as a result, I make a lot of decisions," the president said.​
  3. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

Not sure what is more appalling, George Bush's speaking or his defenders stating that he isn't as bad as other politicians. OMG, this is the leader of the free world (or at least before he was elected) and not some Boston politician.

On this date (my Bush calendar) in 2005. Bush nominated Harriet Miers for Supreme Court Justice. She has no judicial experience and only argued 7 appellate cases.

474 days to go.
  4. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

And counting every miserable day,it goes by so slow like waiting for a time clock to reach That time,the time to go home.
  5. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Worst. President. Ever.
  6. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

I once believed (before Bush) that it didn't matter if we elected an undesirable President, because of the strength of Congress, Supreme Court, the constitution, power of the people, etc, etc. that he wouldn't have absolute power. I never figured that the constitution was just a piece of paper. Then again, I always thought that the VP's office was fairly weak and almost useless.