PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Riley Cooper....

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Would you pick him up IF the Eagles ever cut him ? Or are you afraid of another Florida screw up ? I saw the video, and drunk or not, you should never say anything like what he said. Philadelphia has a very large African American community, the majority of the Eagles are African American, I really can't see how this situation can be fixed. McCoy of the Eagles said, "I can't respect a guy like that". Darren Woodson of the NFL Network said if he was still playing, and on a team with a guy who did that, he'd go to the head coach and owner and say he couldn't play on the same team with the guy.

Would you take him if he got cut ? Would the Pats ? Especially after the AH and Dennard incidents fresh in their minds.

He could be the one thing more divisive on this site than Tebow.

I would hope that the team wouldn't take a look at him.

Still surprised he's an eagle. I'd have thought he'd be log gone from there now.

Sign the beast.

No, mainly because he's just not very good.

Never really seen him play...and that should be the only reason that teams would sign him.

This racist BS doesn't mean that the guy can play or not.

Racism exists in every race. It will exist forever. It won't go away. :rolleyes:

There are PLENTY of blacks that call whites crackers...but, that flies?

I'm an indian and the Redskins are still a team.

He was my n, I mean my boy at UF but I wouldn't sign him. As aus said, he's not a very good WR to begin with. On top of that, his comments make it that much harder.

Definitely don't want. Wonder how long he'll be an Eagle for.

People are ok with Vick on the team but Cooper has to go because he said the N word? That is screwed up. What is wrong with people?

Why is he less respected than Vick, a person who has killed dogs for fun? I'm not defending this racist; I think they should both be shunned.

If he's not good I don't want him.

That said, I think the n-word is the MOST over-reacted to word in the English language, it's just a damned word yet people completely lose their ****** when it's uttered by a white person.

That said, I think the n-word is the MOST over-reacted to word in the English language, it's just a damned word yet people completely lose their ****** when it's uttered by a white person.

surely the context and the hard "ER" have nothing to do with it.

This is so true. I always try to teach my children not to use "trashy" language because it makes them look uneducated but I also don't worked up over it. Swears are just word. However I can't take the same approach with the N word since people lose their mind over it.

surely the context and the hard "ER" have nothing to do with it.

It's still just a word, one meant to demean, but just a word.

In the last 3 years how many people either died or were seriously injured as a result of being called the n-word?

OTOH take drunk driving, people die every day becuase of drunk driving yet you don't hear morons like Skip Bayless demand they lose their job as a result.

I likely wouldn't bring him in, but that's due to his lack of production, not because he said something that riled people up. Personally, I find intolerance in the name of tolerance to be something fought against, not for.

I think he's gone and soon ...News reports are flush with anonymous quotes and some players willing to be quoted (L. McCoy) who are none too happy to be teammates..Not exactly a great way to start the Chip Kelly Era...

I think he's gone and soon ...News reports are flush with anonymous quotes and some players willing to be quoted (L. McCoy) who are none too happy to be teammates..Not exactly a great way to start the Chip Kelly Era...

He should cut a deal with Jesse Jackson to endorse his apology, they can schedule a press conference and Jackson can publicly forgive him, and then things will be workable. Cooper can salvage whatever career he has left for a few hundred K, not a bad deal IMO.

Interesting issue, teams and the league have to use equal standards when it comes to fining and disciplining players and now they have set a bar where players will be fined for using the N word. I guess that means that any player who uses the word at any time and gets caught is now subject to a fine, because they are going to have a real problem on their hands if they are applying any standard to only one racial group within the league.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the word and would love to see it wiped away for good, but the double standard isn't going to work in a setting where standards have to be the same under the CBA.

I'm annoyed anytime ANYONE uses it, its an ugly word and to be honest I'm sick of the whole "we're using it in an empowering way".

McCoy is a stand up guy himself...:rolleyes:

It's still just a word, one meant to demean, but just a word.

In the last 3 years how many people either died or were seriously injured as a result of being called the n-word?

OTOH take drunk driving, people die every day becuase of drunk driving yet you don't hear morons like Skip Bayless demand they lose their job as a result.

and let me guess, the swastika is just a symbol?;)

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back