Welcome to PatsFans.com

Righties promote brotherhood

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

How nice of the neocons to take out Saddam Hussein and thus change the balance of power in the ME in Iran's favor. Now, it looks like all our efforts are nurturing a budding friendship between Iranian President Ahmadinejad and the Iraqis. Iran must be so thankful to our neocons for taking out their major threat so they can spend more money on nuclear weapon development than on battling Iraq. I bet the Iranians feel a lot safer now than they did when Saddam was in power.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/03/03/iraq.iran/index.html
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +196 / 7 / -23

That made me feel warm and fuzzy, just think if Iraq and Iran really got along.. lots of geography and lots of fanatical people.
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

I thought Iran didn't have nukes, and wasn't developing them?
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So you can b!tch about it, point fingers, and demand a total withdrawal of all Western forces, and that will GUARANTEE that Iran will dominate, or you can come up with something that is actually constructive. Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.

//
  5. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Like privatize the oil?
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

How would that help??

//
  7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Y'all need to come to the conclusion that they are going to have them eventually. All we can hope to do is delay them, which is likely to piss them off and make dealing with a Nuke-equipped Iran a tougher problem for our grandchildren or encourage them to become the kind of nation that won't act rashly. Prevention just isn't in the cards.
  8. elway7

elway7 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

What do you mean Jack!! Explain if you can.
  9. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The "benchmark," or goal, the Bush administration has been working on furiously since the US invaded Iraq is privatization of Iraq's oil. Now they have Congress blackmailing the Iraqi Parliament and the Iraqi people: no privatization of Iraqi oil, no reconstruction funds.

This threat could not be clearer. If the Iraqi Parliament refuses to pass the privatization legislation, Congress will withhold US reconstruction funds that were promised to the Iraqis to rebuild what the United States has destroyed there. The privatization law, written by American oil company consultants hired by the Bush administration, would leave control with the Iraq National Oil Company for only 17 of the 80 known oil fields. The remainder (two-thirds) of known oil fields, and all yet undiscovered ones, would be up for grabs by the private oil companies of the world (but guess how many would go to United States firms - given to them by the compliant Iraqi government.)

No other nation in the Middle East has privatized its oil. Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Iran give only limited usage contracts to international oil companies for one or two years. The $120 billion dollar "Support the Troops" legislation passed by Congress requires Iraq, in order to get reconstruction funds from the United States, to privatize its oil resources and put them up for long term (20- to 30-year) contracts.
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

I actually happen to agree with you. I've said it in here before that Iran will go nuclear whether we like it or not. That doesn't mean I want to let them get nukes, or see them go nuclear. I'd support sanctions and stuff. I just wouldn't go to war over it. I'd simply let it be known that the day a nuke goes off somewhere, and it's traced back to Iran, that it, that being Iran, will become glass. I would state this openly. My only point above was that when the Admin beats it's drums, people like Patters say the admin is fear mongering. Or when the NIe comes out they say the admin was lying, and the NIE was right. Now, when it suits them, they say "Iran is getting nukes and we're not doing didly about it". You can't have it both ways was the point of my original comment. Basically though, I agree with you.
  11. elway7

elway7 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Ann wright truthout.org May 26 2007! Plagerize much Jack?
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -9

If Iran gets close to having a Nuke that they intend to destroy Israel with Israel will simply Bomb Their Nuke Factory just as they did before, Israel isn't afraid of Offending anyone or Violating Their Civil Liberties when it comes to protecting their little country, I don't always agree with America's love affair with Israel but I admire Israel, THEY DON'T TAKE ANY SH!T FROM ANYBODY.

9/11
    Mohammad Atta would never have been allowed to take flying lessons in Israel, Mohammad Atta would never have been allowed to enter an Israeli airport.

So don't worry about Irans Nuke, Israel will handle it when the time is right.

:bricks:
  13. elway7

elway7 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Jack in your own words (not Ann Wrights!) What do you mean by privatization?
  14. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

There's no evidence whatsoever that Iran is developing or wants to develop Nuclear weapons.
  15. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

Not what the UN said today.
  16. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

link please.
  17. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

People like you make no sense at all. First, you moan and groan at how much the U.S. occupation of Iraq is costing; then, when a plan for re-couping at least some of those costs is produced, you moan and groan about that. No matter what is done, you moan and groan.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. The world has a life to lead, so get with it or just go away.

//
  19. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Oh, please. You are officially an ostrich.

//
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Elway does his homework!

//