Welcome to PatsFans.com

Right-wing sickos attacked 12-year-old boy who gave Dem address

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Oct 8, 2007.

1. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

What strikes me about this is the Stepford RW response of attacking the messenger instead of listening to the message, never have I seen such a polarization of any issue on both sides of the aisle. All are a bunch of lemmings, wait for Limbaugh today... anyways here is some other stuff on this issue.. instead of increasing the budget for the Bagdad Embassy, aka Memorial to George.. they might want to rethink their priorities..

The Dems should be ashamed for putting a child out there to further their own agenda, and the Republicans should be ashamed for their knee jerk reaction.

http://thinkprogress.org/

Here are the facts that the right-wing distorted in order to attack young Graeme:

1) Graeme has a scholarship to a private school. The school costs $15K a year, but the family only pays $500 a year.

2) His sister Gemma attends another private school to help her with the brain injuries that occurred due to her accident. The school costs $23,000 a year, but the state pays the entire cost.

3) They bought their “lavish house” sixteen years ago for $55,000 at a time when the neighborhood was less than safe.

4) Last year, the Frost’s made $45,000 combined. Over the past few years they have made no more than $50,000 combined.

5) The state of Maryland has found them eligible to participate in the CHIP program.

3. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Politics has become such a big game of "Gotcha" and if one side says something - the other jumps at them.

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

Hey MMikey, how about "Shameless Left Wing props up 12 year to push political agenda". Nah, why say something like that? :rolleyes:

This is a classic tactic by people in politics. Prop up a widowed woman, an injured soldier, a old lady, or in this case, a 12 year old kid to make a political statement. Why do they do this? Well, so that sheep react like MMikey. The old "how dare you criticize a kid, woman, widow, soldier, etc.". Both sides are guilty of this crap.

Baaaaa.....

5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Of course, Mike is objecting to the lies promulgated by the right wing, so your point is irrelevant. If he said, "That kid gave a brilliant speech and convinced me to support child health care," then your point would be logical.

The problem that Mike is pointing out is that the right wing is promulgating falsehoods in their criticism. They're wrongly attacking the kid's family, when if they want to criticize anything it should be the proposal for children's health care.

As far as using kids, women, soldiers, etc. to promote their messages, well it might be wrong, but it's how it's been done for years. Politics today is driven by advertising and marketing strategies, which is sad.

6. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Good point. It's all about emotion these days.

7. Real World

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

MMIkey pointed out what? Where? :rolleyes:

8. Real World

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

Emotion has no place in government. Emotion is no different than religion.

9. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Putting a human face on the expenses we're asked to bear is exactly what belongs in government. Not every tax dollar goes towards the $6000 bomb-proof toilets being installed in the Iraqi embassy.

10. Real World

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

That human face should be your elected officials.

11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Kids should shut up and get a job. NOBODY deserves to be treated when they are sick, especially kids who have yet to even earn a wage. These americans would be stealing from insurance companies, and there is nobody we need to protect more than insurance companies (and contracted mercinaries)

Bush is 100% correct, how dare this child request medical care. We need to bash his whole family and start talking about this MORE. We need to make the family the issue and stray as far away from the actual subject as we can. I, for one, hope the right wing minority media will finally stand up and bash this doctorless child's entire family! I hope FOX anchors answer the call and start talking about the people who TALK about the issue and not the issue itself.

12. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No no, you're wrong..!! We need to create another bottomless entitlement for families earning up to $80,000 per year..!! After all, social security and medicare are in such great financial shape (thanks to the way they are brilliantly and economically run by the U.S. government) that we can easily afford to just give more and more money away..!!

13. Real World

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

Save the Children!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

we need to get these child labor laws lifted, kids WANT to work.

and while we are at it, lets stop paying social security.

and stop paying our military.

and our congress....

after all they seem to be 'abusing' the money I pay them.

why stop at healthcare?

idiots.

Honestly....what the flunk is wrong with making sure our youth is heathy? you people make me sick sometimes. so sick....I might need ot be denied coverage from a pre-existing condition.

15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am glad you admit you are speaking tongue in cheek, my friend..!! Because only an absolute moron would make those extrapolations from my remarks. I know you are not so great of an imbecile to do such a thing, hence it is clear you don't really mean what you say. After all, no one could be that stupid. Right..?

16. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

wow... what a carefully worded, non-personal personal attack... right?

17. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I leave the personal attacks to you - and you foolishly oblige me on command. I didn't attack anyone in this thread... on the contrary, I complimented HD's intelligence

18. Real World

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

There is nothing wrong with making sure kids have insurance. The problem is, expanding a government program to include people who make $80k a year, and thus increasing the burden of government for people who can provide for themselves. On top of that, where is the money going to come from? Maybe if we chopped it someplace else, it would get support. However, when people want to spend it without funding it, or by taxing people who smoke (mainly the poor), it won't get my support.

19. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

You people happily marched behind that Texas con man and his $500 BILLION dollar disaster and now you wanna be frugal? What utter horse hockey.

What's next? You gonna go to Vegas, blow the house and then frugally take the courtesy bus from the hotel to the airport, rather than a cab?

Every time a Bush voter talks about frugality there's nothing to do but laugh.

20. Real World

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

I see, so becuase someone is grossly inefficient with money, it means that we should all be grossly inefficient in kind. :rolleyes: The point that many of you "Save the Children" people are ignoring, or maybe just don't want to understand, is that no one is opposed to the act of insuring kids. What people are opposed to is increasing government, and taxes, to do so. I agree with you that GW is TERRIBLE with money. He's increased the size fo government like never before. I've been saying that for years. He's not a fiscal conservative. That ignorance doesn't justify it's continuance. If the politicians in DC really wanted to pass this bill, then they should have eliminated pork someplace else, and allocated it to this cause. The problem is they didn't. They proposed raising taxes on ciggs, to which I say go to hell. Raise taxes on donuts then, or booze, and see how many people will want that bill passed. How about instead of a gazebo in Indiana, a bridge in Alaska, or a couple of hundred million for some spinach farmers in California, we take that money and put it here? If the money could be found under the current $2.7 Trillion theft of a budget, then great. If not, then find it.