Welcome to PatsFans.com

Right Wing Party Replacing Republican Party?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Sep 6, 2012.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,784 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

Mathews just said this on MSNBC ... rather than attack it - I sat there to think about it. On the one hand the younger republicans are gravitating left on social issues. Even some older ones like me have gravitated more left on social issues as the country has changed.

The tea party has definitely pushed the party to the right. Not going to bloviate that in this thread - we've discussed the tea party movement. So I'm not sure mathews is right. However - the republican party is at a crossroads. If it continues to go further right it will lose voters to the democrats.

What will the younger moderate to moderate conservatives think of this.

Do you agree with Mathews?

What is your opinion?

2. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,273 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

A new right party? I don't see it. If the Dems can find a way to force god and Israel back onto the party platform, I'm sure the Pubs will find a way to pander to both sides of the party.

It's possible you could see rightward members trying to co-opt the Libertarian Party, but that could get ugly. Despite what some think, the Libertarians and the neocons diverge on some pretty basic issues.

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,784 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

I think they are more and more ... good take.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  4. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +209 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

I think there was a hostile takeover attempt by the far right but it failed...they just don't know it yet. That ship is sailing away. To advance that the notion that they are winning over the Republican Party is convenient for Mathews's boogie man rhetoric....but this is campaign season and going for the ugly is standard operating procedure. Indeed, Mathews has an agenda that rivals the far right's agenda.

5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 9 / -13

Depends on the social issue, younger conservatives are live and let live on gay issues (marriage aside) but younger women are more anti abortion than older women due ti scientific advances like 4d imaging of babies in the womb.

6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +830 / 7 / -2

The tea party movement isn't about social issues. It's about fiscal issues and a smaller, more limited, less restrictive government. I'm not sure what "further to the right" means exactly. I guess the question is, the "right" according to whom? If fiscal discipline, individual liberty, and smaller government are the further "right" you speak of, then sure. That's is where the tea party wants to go. If by "further to the right" you're talking about social issues, invading nations, corporate welfare, then that's not the tea party's doing.

7. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

Sounds good, but not accurate. It most certainly is about social issues too.

The Tea Party, Religion and Social Issues - Pew Research Center

[​IMG]

In fact, their adamant views on certain social issues (the border, for one), actually would REQUIRE bigger government.

8. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Really? and where were they in 08?
    Where were they in 04?
    Where were they in 00?
    Where were they in 96?
    Where were they in 92?
    Where were they in 88?
    Where were they in 84?
    Where were they in 80?

**** where have they been for the last 30 years? When spending was out of control?

Bottom line tea party is a bunch of ungrateful,disrespectful and most of all full of **** and have the balls to try to sell it to the rest of us......

Will they break off? Maybe crazy people do crazy things.....there are a lot of seats at the table...

9. Hamar

Hamar In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +331 / 0 / -2

Sometimes enough is enough. Where was the OWS before? Or, do you think this whole corporate/wallstreet crap happened overnight? Where was the OWS when Obama outspent his opponent 2 to 1? Yeah, they were getting high and ****ting on their parent's cars.

10. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I didn't know this was about OWS......Way to dodge the point......Anyways......I don't think OWS is all that and a bag of chips.....so......yeah......

Whatever Obama is spending should go in another thread....This is about the Tea Baggers......lol

Edit:
    Blow it out your ass, enough was enough 10 years ago........loser........Yeah I know I get a point but it felt good!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  11. Hamar

Hamar In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +331 / 0 / -2

Summation time:

I dodged the point by comparing the OWS to the teaparty. Ok, but those two are usually compared so I used them to show a contrast and to show why sometimes a timeline matters.

So, you say I dodged the point and yet the only point you made was: "where were they?" Do you really think that invalidates the teaparty? Where was Martin Luther King (and no I am not equating the two)? See how easy that is and how lazy.

Now, "lol" means laughing out loud. Too be honest it is a very juvenile term to use in a serious conversation, but then you also say teabaggers so I am guessing you are either young or at least immature.

Your trying to insult me with:"Blow it out your ass, enough was enough 10 years ago........loser........Yeah I know I get a point but it felt good!"

Seems like you are trying very hard to get your name on the "list" for the contest. Sorry. but I will not report you. The only person you really insulted here was yourself.

Oh and for whoever reads this post I think your little contest is either moronic or a very lazy attempt by the mods to either have us self police or maybe you guys want to have the boards populace tell you what is and is not an infraction. Either way, sad.

12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +707 / 20 / -30

Guess I missed something, from my limited view of the world OWS is dead and gone, there are a few anarchists left, and they were here before OWS.. but for the most part they lost their viability.