Welcome to PatsFans.com

Right Wing Nut Job... Soy is making our chidren gay..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Dec 13, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Love these stories, because every time I read this crap, some mom from the heartland who is conflicted about if she should stay loyal to the party of family values or switch to a more liberal one, reads this stuff and decides to flee the sinking ship. Say what you want about some of the Left Wing nuts, but this stuff is crazy.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53327

There's a slow poison out there that's severely damaging our children and threatening to tear apart our culture. The ironic part is, it's a "health food," one of our most popular.
    Now, I'm a health-food guy, a fanatic who seldom allows anything into his kitchen unless it's organic. I state my bias here just so you'll know I'm not anti-health food.
    The dangerous food I'm speaking of is soy. Soybean products are feminizing, and they're all over the place. You can hardly escape them anymore.
    I have nothing against an occasional soy snack. Soy is nutritious and contains lots of good things. Unfortunately, when you eat or drink a lot of soy stuff, you're also getting substantial quantities of estrogens.
    Estrogens are female hormones. If you're a woman, you're flooding your system with a substance it can't handle in surplus. If you're a man, you're suppressing your masculinity and stimulating your "female side," physically and mentally.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

In this department "Holywood Movies" and the idiot "Sit Coms" are doing a better job than "Soy".
  3. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

How can that be? I knew I liked girls way before I watched sitcoms or Holywood movies, and nothing's changed since.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

Me too, but Hollywood & Sit Coms are trying to change you now :singing:
  5. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Are you saying it's possible for a straight ADULT to become gay? You must not feel very strongly about your heterosexuality, because that seems beyond preposterous to me.
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

I dunno about the "gay" charge. A little homophobic to me. Anyhow, never knew those things about soy. Glad I don't go near the stuff. I tried soy milk one and almost piuked. Dead nasty.

Dunno how accurate this guys charges are, so who knows. People are always crying wolf these days. Anyone remember the recently debunked cell phone connection to radiation? If true, this would concern me:

Worse, there's now scientific evidence that estrogen ingredients in soy products may be boosting the rapidly rising incidence of leukemia in children. In the latest year we have numbers for, new cases in the U.S. jumped 27 percent. In one year!

There's also a serious connection between soy and cancer in adults – especially breast cancer. That's why the governments of Israel, the UK, France and New Zealand are already cracking down hard on soy.
  7. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Almost everything they make from soy is gross (especially tofu), but the actual soybeans are very tasty steamed and salted (it's called edamame). Personally, I eat tons of meat, at least twice a day (which is, in all honesty too much) so to me the healthyness of the soybeans relative to the red meat I eat offsets any uncorroborated "dangers".
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +254 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

The problem with all the health freaks is they don't know what they're talking about. They are wrong and they won't admit it. Meats, fruits and vegetable are all fine. As is full fat milk. You know, the stuff our bodies have learned to digest over thousands of years. The problem today is all the fake sh!t that's passed off as healthy.

You should have seen my cholesterol and weight drop when I went on the low carb diet. Meat, cheese, eggs, salad. And low carb milk. It's great stuff. Lowers your cholesterol. And in my case dropped me from 240 to 180 in less than a year.
  9. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

It is VERY possible. My mom came out after being married to my father, having four children... then divorce, with another guy....

... after all that she came out. She realized that she had been gay all along. It's not so much as "Becoming" gay, as realizing that you are gay.

This article is total bull, estrogin does not make you gay.
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

I'm a bit of a health food junkie. I try to eat as healthy as is possible for an italian who loves food. If you keep things down to earth, and count calories, balance your diet, and stay away from processed foods, you'll be ok. Obviously exercise is key. Combining exercise with smart eating habits will make you healthy enough to enjoy some servings of the foods that will kill you. :D
  11. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Actually, I don't believe in this.

I to, am an Italian, and I have oil on all of my foods :p.

... okay, so maybe I don't, but my friends put it out to be like this.

I personally try to eat healthy as well; however, I do not blink an eye at a nice rueban or a hearty london broil.

I figure that if I eat everything in moderation with small helpings, I will be okay. I exercise enough to not worry about it, I think.
    The problem with most of america is they do not realize this. Everyone is looking for a quick way to loose weight and to be "Skinny". Simply put, there really is none - short of starving yourself. It's all about moderation and keeping your helpings small.

5 small meals a day with low intake of candy and soda = as healthy as you can get it.

Furthermore, I lost maybe 20 pounds cutting soda almost compleatly out of my daily liquid intake. I drink mostly tea's, water, and milk. However, I do have an occasional soda.
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  12. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Like you said, she was gay all along and just didn't admit it, even to herself. That's different from someone actually becoming gay after being attracted exclusively to the other sex.

BelichickFan, I agree 100% that processed food is the biggest problem with food these days, but you also have to remember that even natural rich foods were intended for a much more active lifestyle. My great-grandfather was a lumberjack in Ukraine. His breakfast was 5 eggs, a half pound of bacon, and a half litre of vodka. He lived to be 93 years old. If you or I did that, we'd be dead long before we saw 60.
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +254 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

Well I can't speak to the Vodka . . . but the rest sounds good although a bit big. For breakfast now I have 3 eggs, one large italian sausage, a handful of cheese and 1/4 cup of jalepenos. Yum :)

That's my biggest meal of the day, the rest I have a plate of wings, two low carb peanut butter bars and 1/4 gallon of low carb chocolate milk.
  14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +254 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

As I've said before I bet only 10% of gay people are really gay - I bet most of them are bisexual. I can't prove it. But some guy who likes to do men, I bet most of them would do a woman real quick if given the chance. Just my opinion. Likewise, I also think that more straight people are bisexual (but choose not to act on it) than care to admit it.
  15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Then she finds out what liberals are doing like honoring cop killers in NY or eliminating JROTC and Pledge of Allegience in SF and she goes right back out and votes Republican.

See, here's what you fail to realize... both sides have nut-jobs but there's a huge difference between the two... Conservative nut-job say stupid things, but liberal nutjobs do stupid things, like illegalize transfats, honor cop killers, try and release murderers and rapists from jail, illegalize JROTC, ban the Pledge of Allegience, insult out troops serving in Iraq and arrest people who try to pray in schools.
  16. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

And conservative nutjobs try to ban flag burning, require the teaching of creationism, keep loving people from marrying each other because they're gay, ban flying foreign flags, and invade other nations.
  17. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

So the Kansas anti-gay group who go around the country ATTENDING and PROTESTING military funerals are........................liberal, or not nut-jobs?
  18. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I think I can agree to that, because I do not believe in 100% absolutism. The only things in life that are 100% are Life and Death. This is a very broad statement - given - but it works here. :p
  19. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What laws have those people passed..? What public referendums have they submitted to be voted on that have succeeded or been ratified...?

The only law those jerks are responsible for is the new law that says you cannot protest within 100 yards of a military funeral.
  20. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sorry, Pujo, but just because you don't support something doesn't mean everyone who does is a conservative nutjob. For example, there is nothing "nutjob" about wanting to prevent gay marriage.

Taking your statement at face value, I can't tell if you are a complete moron or just being deliberately obtuse. Fortunately, having the benefit of prior interactions with you, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are just being deliberately obtuse. I do not believe you're stupid enough to equate "opposing gay marriage" with "banning JROTC and the Pledge of Allegiance" on the scale of nutjobs.