Welcome to PatsFans.com

Right thing now is to trade Branch, So I think the Pats will....

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Sean Pa Patriot, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Let him sit ... He cant win a grievence, he is under contract, and we dont have to do anything with him.. Granted getting rid of this headache would be natural, but the Pats are going to do what is right, and make him honor his contract... The pats are a yr to yr team, in 2007 they will deal Branch, but not before then...

2. Jimke

Jimke In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +51 / 3 / -2

I don't think they can wait until 2007 to trade him. There is

too much to lose if the arbitrator rules against them. Anything

is possible. Remember O. J.

3. rookBoston

rookBoston 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +59 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

Thing is the precedent. If BB trades Branch now, players (and agents) will know they can hold out to get a better contract. BB wont let that happen for less than a 1st rounder.

Right now, I think the best thing is for Branch to fire his agent, offer to report to camp if BB agrees to waive the $500K in penalties and publically put all this behind them. At the end of the season, BB will Franchise him make the trade to the Jets or Seahawks. Trouble is, Branch wont let that happen unless something special happens.

Which means we're at an impasse. Both sides have too much invested to back down now. This is going to be ugly.