PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Right now, the top NFL passer is....OhNo

RecoveringCowboy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
...Tony Romo - 114.0

Got a number of observations
  • Before anyone gets started, Brady is better....remember that saying there are lies, damn lies, and statistics
  • With a good offensive line and Murry as RB, we can see what Romo can do. In the past he tried to compensate for a lack of help...the recent Dallas circus would make any QB look less than HoF
  • there is truth in statistics, but the rub is finding that needle in the haystack
  • The stats have not caught up to quantify why Brady is great, but it's there. When they do, they will identify why Romo, Manning fall short.
  • Romo's career passing stats are above average with the best today, many that will be in the HoF....it's a little harder to figure this one out than Vinny Testaverde who had a lot of milage.
  • Under pressure, nobody is better than Brady. Romo is clearly not as good in the clutch, but his lack of support factors in the choking.

Romo's been truly terrific and deserves to be mentioned in the MVP talk, in theory they SHOULD be a Super Bowl contender but we'll see if the real cowboys show up once the playoffs begin.

Tony Romo catches too much heat for his team's previous failures.

He is no Tom Brady, don't get me wrong, but there is another QB in the NFL who comes up short when it counts the most who gets the exact opposite treatment. Oh, the hypocrisy.

^ Yes, the discussions of Tony Romo remind me a lot of Peyton Manning.

A lot.

...Tony Romo - 114.0

• Before anyone gets started, Brady is better....remember that saying there are lies, damn lies, and statistics
  • With a good offensive line and Murry as RB, we can see what Romo can do. In the past he tried to compensate for a lack of help...the recent Dallas circus would make any QB look less than HoF
  • there is truth in statistics, but the rub is finding that needle in the haystack
  • The stats have not caught up to quantify why Brady is great, but it's there. When they do, they will identify why Romo, Manning fall short.
  • Romo's career passing stats are above average with the best today, many that will be in the HoF....it's a little harder to figure this one out than Vinny Testaverde who had a lot of milage.
  • Under pressure, nobody is better than Brady. Romo is clearly not as good in the clutch, but his lack of support factors in the choking.
I think we need to have an intervention people. RecoveringCowboy is having a relapse.:D

Tony Romo is a very good regular season QB. He is also playing behind the best OL in the NFL and with the best RB, a top 5 WR, and a top 5 TE. I am not surprised to see him having success.

Romo isn't in Peyton's class, and never will be . I'm not sure why Peyton is hated here (he hasn't beaten the Pats often), but the hate for him here is irrational, in my opinion,. But anyways Romo is having himself a nice season, and he's enter my list of Top Ten Quarterbacks.

...Tony Romo - 114.0

I bet the pull to go back is strong. just when you've had enough of jerry "clown show" jones the team starts winning big games

I bet the pull to go back is strong. just when you've had enough of jerry "clown show" jones the team starts winning big games
He's going back, that's where his heart is. He probably won't see this, since he he has me on ignore, but RecoveringCowboy I urge you to go back. The Cowboys, in my opinion, wilo be in contention for another three years,

I live in Texas, but have no axe to grind with the Boys. The offense is for real, but I still doubt the defense. Romo does deserve MVP consideration, especially with his injury. Without him, the Boys would be toast.

Romo hadn't been as good as Brady over a career but this year? So they have to adjust for Brady's ****ty line? But when romo had a bad line it was on him.

I'm not a huge romo supporter no dog in the fight.

I think we need to have an intervention people. RecoveringCowboy is having a relapse.:D

Just suggested he was a less successful Peyton Manning.

I'm not expecting the Cowboys to get past Seattle or GB.

Last edited:
What? I suggested he was a less successful Peyton Manning.

This is unlikely, but what will your reaction be if the Cowboys win the Super Bowl?

Romo isn't in Peyton's class, and never will be . I'm not sure why Peyton is hated here (he hasn't beaten the Pats often), but the hate for him here is irrational, in my opinion,. But anyways Romo is having himself a nice season, and he's enter my list of Top Ten Quarterbacks.
The issue is the fawning adulation nigh unto hagiography that Manning receives. If he got half the flak that Romo gets for the Cowboys' problems, he'd be much less despised around these parts.

(Of course, there's also the issue of his teams whining multiple times about rules and getting them changed for his benefit, and the whiff of overcalculation that come across with his every attempt to seem like a "regular Joe." . . .)

The issue is the fawning adulation nigh unto hagiography that Manning receives. If he got half the flak that Romo gets for the Cowboys' problems, he'd be much less despised around these parts.

(Of course, there's also the issue of his teams whining multiple times about rules and getting them changed for his benefit, and the whiff of overcalculation that come across with his every attempt to seem like a "regular Joe." . . .)
I'm going to be honest here, and I'm going to take heat for it. You hate Manning, because you despise the fact, that there is another QB in this generation that is equally as equally good or near Brady (this is debatable, not getting into it now), and takes away attention from him. I'd be the same way as well, so I don't know if it's necessarily fair to give you guys heat for it. Listen, I don't like Brady or Bill, but I'm not going to let my hate for them, blind me; their both great at their job. But just like Peyton, Brady gets passes, in my opinion. The "Greatest offense of all time", only put up fourteen points in the SB(Manning was bad as well in the SB). Four years later, the lethal Patriots offense only put up 17 points against a poor Giants secondary, and Brady ultimately missed the throw, that could have won it for NE. Manning gets flak for his poor performance in the '06 run, but Brady wasn't exactly stellar in the '07 playoff run, yet no one brings that up. Remember the Baltimore game in 09'? Where NE was absolutely smashed, and the AFC Championship games in '12, '13, and '14? Brady was medicore in those games at best.

But you know why this doesn't get brougut up? Becase he's Tom Brady, one of the greatest Quarterbacks of all time. Just like Manning, Brady and other Quarterbacks such as Rodgers (I think Rodgers is the best QB in the game, but he gets passes as well), they all gets passes. This just isn't a "Peyton" thing, it's a great Quarterback thing.

Last edited:
Just suggested he was a less successful Peyton Manning.

Actually, I will be a Cowboy fan for either of those matchups. Cowboy-Patriot Superbowl, now THAT would be quite the spectacle.

...Tony Romo - 114.0

He's earned it & having a great year.

HOWEVER, should through a misfire of the universe the Cows defeat the Pats in the SB, I hold you responsible for the curse and I will find out where you live and you will regret forever my visit.

Romo isn't in Peyton's class, and never will be . I'm not sure why Peyton is hated here (he hasn't beaten the Pats often), but the hate for him here is irrational, in my opinion

In the past it was fun to tweak Manning for his failure to win the Super Bowl

But ever since he removed all doubt that he is indeed an elite big game QB by besting a perennial all-star like Rex Grossman in the Super Bowl I'm willing to cut the guy some slack

He's earned it & having a great year.

HOWEVER, should through a misfire of the universe the Cows defeat the Pats in the SB, I hold you responsible for the curse and I will find out where you live and you will regret forever my visit.

I wish there was ONE member at CowboysZone like you that would suggest paying a visit to Jerry Jones and giving him some hell.

At the start of the season I was wishing the Cows would have a season like the Jets and the fans would be as outraged as Giants fans in 1977 from Miracle of the Meadowlands I.....think the curse of Jerry Jones is still strong enough to keep them from winning a SB.

Not too surprising as Romo is a really good QB with a very good supporting cast. Probably most underrated QB in a long time.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back