PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RIGHT NOW: Rate it 1 to 10 - Where is your confidence level of this year's team?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Your confidence level that this team can win a championship this year?

• 1 (Highest Level Of Confidence)

Votes: 3 3.1%

Votes: 3 3.1%

Votes: 8 8.2%

Votes: 16 16.3%

Votes: 16 16.3%

Votes: 14 14.3%

Votes: 12 12.2%

Votes: 13 13.3%

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • 10 - Little To No Confidence Level

Votes: 9 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
This poll should be interesting to see where you are RIGHT NOW in terms of confidence this team can get the job done or at least be deep in the running for a championship 4-7 weeks from now.

Rate your confidence level

1 - is very high confidence
to
10 - lowest confidence level

Last edited:
I voted 8. Each week has me less confident in this team and I don't like the latest news I'm hearing about the lockerroom and lack of "fight".

I gave it a 9. Always holding out that glimmer of hope but I'm highly doubtful of a championship at this point. Maybe I'll feel differently in 4 weeks but after the last two weeks its hard to be thinking championship.

Confident in doing what? Make the playoffs? Win the SB? Not make the playoffs?

Winning a championship....like it clearly says in the poll

Sorry man. With all the snow and ice we've received, my brain is frozen.:p

5- I have no idea what to expect out of this team. They are going either way IMO.

I voted 8. The poll asks RIGHT NOW, so right now, I'm at an 8. I'd love for that to change in the next 2-3 weeks. However, I doubt I'll get any higher than a 5 until we beat a top tier team.

I voted 6 (although I could go 5 or maybe even 4 if I stretch it a bit) for winning a championship. My confidence level would definitely be higher right now if they had taken care of business against the Fish, and I think I'll be up to a 2 if they tear it up the rest of the way. So get to it, guys!!!!!!!

EDITED because I got the rating scale bass ackwards. :blush:

Last edited:
I'd voted 6 for winning a championship, and that may be a tish optimistic for me ATM. It'd definitely be higher right now if they had taken care of business against the Fish, and I think I'll be up to an 8 later if they tear it up the rest of the way. So get to it, guys!!!!!!!

If you go to 8 later you are LOSING confidence unless your version of "tearing it up" means getting worse :confused:

If you go to 8 later you are LOSING confidence unless your version of "tearing it up" means getting worse :confused:

Oops! I got the rating system backwards, indeed! Read much? That also means I shoulda voted 4 or 5, not 6. Close enough, I guess. Heh. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
WTF? 10 is lowest and 1 is highest?

Anyways, I voted a 7. I'm pretty confident they'll turn things around. Do I expect them to make the playoffs? Yes. Win the SB? Not so much.

Winning a championship....like it clearly says in the poll

Well what is hte scale based on? Relative to the average team? % chance of winning it all? Etc etc...

If it's relative to other teams, I'd put them at around a 4, since they have an above average chance relative to the abundance of crappy teams out there. By pretty much any other metric, we're probably down in 6-8 territory.

I will say 8 ... I still think if the O-Line get's healthy and Belichick can find a way to get vollmer out there ... even as a TE ... it will have a domino effect on the rest of the units. Especially the defense as they have been way overworked in he 2nd half of games.

Well what is hte scale based on? Relative to the average team? % chance of winning it all? Etc etc...

If it's relative to other teams, I'd put them at around a 4, since they have an above average chance relative to the abundance of crappy teams out there. By pretty much any other metric, we're probably down in 6-8 territory.

It's not that complicated! It's simple: How confident are you that this team (as of this week) can win a championship. Any and all circumstances are obviously accountable (other teams, playoff teams, etc).

It's not that complicated! It's simple: How confident are you that this team (as of this week) can win a championship. Any and all circumstances are obviously accountable (other teams, playoff teams, etc).

Relative to what, though? 1 and 10 have to be fixed points for this to mean anything.

I voted 4. Slightly above average. I have to see how Moss and Co. respond to being sent home today/partially called in the media by Brady first. If they come out and crush the Panthers (which there is no reason for them not to) and look impressive in doing so, then I will move that ranking up. If they come out flat, I'll keep it at 4.

Confident to do what? Make the Playoffs? Win at least one game in the Playoffs? Get to the Superbowl? Win the Superbowl?

Off the top of my head?

Make the Playoffs? 9 (90%)
Win at least one game in the playoffs? 7
Get to the conference championship? 4
Get to the Superbowl? 2
Win the Superbowl? 1

Confident to do what? Make the Playoffs? Win at least one game in the Playoffs? Get to the Superbowl? Win the Superbowl?

Off the top of my head?

Make the Playoffs? 9 (90%)
Win at least one game in the playoffs? 7
Get to the conference championship? 4
Get to the Superbowl? 2
Win the Superbowl? 1

You voted backwards I think

I gave it a 4

I am confident that this team can win games and there is a way for them to get motivated. All that needs to happen is for somebody to lead them to the victories they have the ability to achieve.

I didn't vote about confidence in winning a superbowl though. Just winning games in general. I think the Pats have enough talent to compete with anybody, we just need to utilize it and capitalize.

I voted 5. Right now, anything can happen. We can tank it and I wouldn't be surprised. We can also start a run and somehow, that wouldn't surprise me either.

I wise man (my gramma) once said it takes pressure to make a diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes