PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ridley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's also got a touch of the Maroney's at present (which is annoying me). [/B]

What does this mean?

Turf toe or no turf toe, one thing you can't accuse BJGE of is not hitting the hole hard. LoMo had that problem consistently.

Pats have 4 backs this season that have different roles.
(Not including Polite at FB)

It's a good position to be in if you're the OC.

Short yardage...you know BJGE won't lose yds (most of the time).

If you don't use them all, you're shortchanging the offense.

What does this mean?

Turf toe or no turf toe, one thing you can't accuse BJGE of is not hitting the hole hard. LoMo had that problem consistently.
I'm one of the greatest Green-Ellis supporters going around but right now he's dancing waiting for holes to develop like the parting of the Red Sea rather than playing smash mouth, which is his greatest strength.

I'm one of the greatest Green-Ellis supporters going around but right now he's dancing waiting for holes to develop like the parting of the Red Sea rather than playing smash mouth, which is his greatest strength.

I have seen that as well which is atypical for him.

Hes not in Maroney's league though- yet.

if you would give all other 31 teams the choice of having bjge get 100 yards on 28 carries or have brady throw it for 400 yards and 30 pass attempt's, which do you think they would choose?

BJGE and ridley success* thus far is all because teams willing to give up the run in order to stop the pass.

if you would give all other 31 teams the choice of having bjge get 100 yards on 28 carries or have brady throw it for 400 yards and 30 pass attempt's, which do you think they would choose?

BJGE and ridley success* thus far is all because teams willing to give up the run in order to stop the pass.

Why does it matter how we get the yards? The fact is is that we get them. If teams are willing to concede yards on the ground, good for them, because they aren't stopping the attack through the air no matter how hard they try.

Nobody is denying that ANY runningback we have is the beneficiary of Brady, but that doesn't make their contributions any less meaningful, I swear some of you want us to go 5 wide every snap and never run the ball again.

From game #5 (Jets) to #11 (Philly), Ridley had a YPC of 2.66

So by your standards, we should also trash Ridley.

You've misinterpreted my standards.

And you're putting emphasis on the back who wasn't the lead workhorse over that stretch to make your argument look good.

How does that make the argument look better or worse?

Ben-Jarvus Green-Ellis hasn't been our featured back in the run game and he certainly isn't our only running back on the roster. You can't single out the RB with the worst ypc average over a certain stretch who has been working on mostly goal line duty and use that to sum up our running average.

Green-Ellis has something like 58 carries for 154 yds in the last 7 games. You want to take goalline carries into account? Fine. Assume he had six 1 yd carries on his 6 TDs. Now its 52 carries for 148 yds, 2.85 ypc. Is it 'justifiable' now?

How many times do I have to say it? BJGE is clearly not a superstar. I'm fine with that because our offense is always going to be pass first.

Our offense is always going to be pass first, therefore we shouldn't try to improve the RB position. That makes sense. :rolleyes:

I understand he's let you and JJ down big time because he doesn't have a YPC of 10+ or hasn't ripped off a 87 yard run (is 53 yards good enough?), but I still believe he's an asset to the team.

He's only let me down recently. The injury is obviously having a pretty significant effect on his games. He's still an asset as a goalline and short yardage back.

Why does it matter how we get the yards? The fact is is that we get them. If teams are willing to concede yards on the ground, good for them, because they aren't stopping the attack through the air no matter how hard they try.

Nobody is denying that ANY runningback we have is the beneficiary of Brady, but that doesn't make their contributions any less meaningful, I swear some of you want us to go 5 wide every snap and never run the ball again.

That's not were i'm coming from. Teams know BJGE and ridley can't burst threw for 6 like other running backs can. Those teams figure "hey, we should let these 2 mediocre running backs get 3 yards a carry so we can stop them on 3rd and long". Teams don't fear neither of these running backs and probably think the pats waste downs running it.

Last edited:
That's not were i'm coming from. Teams know BJGE and ridley can't burst threw for 6 like other running backs can. Those teams figure "hey, lets let these 2 mediocre running backs get 3 yards a carry so we can stop them on 3rd and long". Teams don't fear neither of these running backs and

Ridley is much quicker to the hole and shiftier than BJGE. Also 10lbs heavier.

probably think the pats waste downs running it.

Accurate. Thats why they need a home run threat to keep defenses honest.

Ive often thought that running backs styles were a good indicator of how they would fair in a certain match up. We are not going to have any great sussess running against Balt. This is the kind of game where a guy who can get to the edge is valuable, Woodhead. That being said I would not be surprised if Baltimore goes with less fatties and more ROLB type of guys. Their gonna take a page out of the Jets book with the exception that they don't flood the lanes with extra bodies, but throw as many dynamic rushers as they can at Brady, from as many points as they can. They are gonna get after it, so they'll have less beef on the field. This might be a Benny type game.

Ive often thought that running backs styles were a good indicator of how they would fair in a certain match up. We are not going to have any great sussess running against Balt. This is the kind of game where a guy who can get to the edge is valuable, Woodhead. That being said I would not be surprised if Baltimore goes with less fatties and more ROLB type of guys. Their gonna take a page out of the Jets book with the exception that they don't flood the lanes with extra bodies, but throw as many dynamic rushers as they can at Brady, from as many points as they can. They are gonna get after it, so they'll have less beef on the field. This might be a Benny type game.

I dont think its a certainty we can run well against them. There is no question that our pass offense is a tough matchup for their personell. They will have to go nickel if they hope to have a chance on Gronk and Hernandez. If we spread that nickel we open running lanes and have a big 2 TE offense vs a nickel with a slow aging Ray Lewis exposed in the middle.
This is not the Ravens run D of the early 00s. They have allowed 9 100 yard rushing games this year, same as us.
Also we have run for an average of 136 a game over the last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back