PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ridley,Wilson leave practice with injuries today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully they're just minor injuries. In Wilson's case, in particular, since apparently he was willing to try to come back in. Agreed re: hamstring injuries, that's part of what derailed Vereen last year. Yates called it a knee/leg issue, so it may not be certain that it's hamstring related, although I don't see how knee would be better.

Last edited:
Hamstring issues can nag or hurt the entire year. Sometimes worse than if you break a bone in your arm and you're back in 4 weeks.

At least it wasn't a WR. I think the pats could pass every play this year and still make the playoffs. Hopefully ridley isn't too bad. But we all know how hamstring issues can last the entire year

Miles Austin had a bad one all of last year i think

This is yet another potential opening for Vereen. He's been closing the gap from reports, and if Ridley misses considerable time, Vereen could steal more playing time and increased responsibilities.

Even if it wasn't serious, if it was my call, Ridley would be sitting out the Monday Night game against the Eagles. No sense in risking it further. Let him have a few more days to heal up.

Even if it wasn't serious, if it was my call, Ridley would be sitting out the Monday Night game against the Eagles. No sense in risking it further. Let him have a few more days to heal up.

I agree. Plus it will give us a chance to see what Vereen can do against another team's first unit, something of great interest with all the positives coming out of TC reports about his play of late. We didn't get a good sample size from him in his rookie campaign (or lack thereof). As I previously posted, this could be his opportunity to seize the primary spot and prove he's more than a third down back.

If it is his hammy..then yeah he won't play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back