PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ridiculous Results from ESPN Poll on CameraHunt [mergedx3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ESPN(gfy) spygate poll

4) How would you classify videotaping an opponents' signals in football?

65.6% Cheating

34.4% Gamesmanship

5) How would you classify stealing an opponents' signs in baseball?

64.2% Gamesmanship

35.8% Cheating

^^^stupid ppl following ESPN

9) Was the punishment handed down to the Patriots earlier this year (fined $250,000 and lost the 31st pick in the 2008 draft) just?

67.4% Yes
32.6% No

Any sociology 101 kid can tell you that this is a poor survey question when it is not open ended. When someone answers "no", does that mean that they feel it was unjust in that it was too harsh, or not harsh enough? I would assume the people at ESPN would spin it as the latter.

Last edited:

I got suckered in........

----------------

65.6% Cheating
34.4% Gamesmanship

64.2% Gamesmanship
35.8% Cheating

That just proves 65% of the respondants are ****ing braindead. Any thing but the same answer to both is ******ed.

-----------------

7) Do you believe the Patriots used the information they obtained from videotaping a game within that same game?

Ummmm, great question. Like any of us morons answering your dumb-ass poll are even remotely qualified to answer that, beyond wild speculation.

What a watse, save your time and don't make the same mistake I did.

Last edited:

Any sociology 101 kid can tell you that this is a poor survey question when it is not open ended. When someone answers "no", does that mean that they feel it was unjust in that it was too harsh, or not harsh enough? I would assume the people at ESPN would spin it as the latter.

They could have at least got the total $750,000 fine correct because that was the total combined amount.

Not going to anything espn ever again. I'm satisfied that the viewers of that station are ill informed so therefore any poll will be tainted!

The more I think about the results of that poll, the more I realize how much the media (ESPN in particular) has influenced the nation's way of thinking. There was a question that said something like "Do you think the Patriots used the tapes in the same game they were recorded?"

Now, Belichick has said, "no." Many knowledgeable football fans and writers have said, "There is no way in hell they could have used them in game, look at how they are contructed." Yet, ESPN personalities keep throwing it out there as something that could have happened. Then you look at the poll results for that question and you see that a large majority of the fans feel that, yes, the tapes were used in same-game situations.

I am not sure which interview/coverage team it was, but someone last night said, "Belichick told us he did not use the tapes during the game in which they were shot during a press conference last September. I don't know if I can believe him now." (Paraphrasing). AFTER seeing the tapes and learning from Walsh (via Goodell) the process that the Patriots used to put the tapes together, you can't believe him? My goodness, what will it take?!

Status of Spygate Mis-Education

Well thanks to the wonderful world of ESPN, second only to CBS for "we don't just report the news; Hell we make it up"........ just take a look at this data from the current ESPN poll.

Out of 45,000 numbskulls who vote; the vast majority think
1. stealing signs in baseball is ok; but videotape sign stealing in football is not
2. that almost nobody else does it
3. and that the Patriots got an advantage as a result.

I credit the folks who put togehter the information campaign for doing a great service. BUT......This is evidence of exactly how far that info needs to get out. Your megaphone is no where near big enough. And the idiots at ESPN and other talking heads have polluted the thoughts of the vast majority of Americans on this subject.

The Patriots are now forever branded and it will never come off.

1) Which best describes your feeling on Spygate?
46.7% I'm still interested in the affair
43.0% I just want the saga to end
10.3% Indifference

2) Is Matt Walsh a credible witness?
73.8% Yes // 26.2% No

3) Do you believe NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is a fair and impartial judge in this matter?
42.7% Yes // 57.3% No

65.4% Cheating
34.6% Gamesmanship

65.3% Gamesmanship
34.7% Cheating

6) How much of an advantage did the Patriots gain over their opponents by videotaping their signals?
47.7% Significant advantage
32.3% Slight advantage
20.1% No advantage

7) Do you believe the Patriots used the information they obtained from videotaping a game within that same game?
55.4% Yes // 44.6% No

8) In your opinion, outside of the Patriots, how many NFL teams videotape their opponents' signals?
42.6% A minority
24.8% None
23.0% A majority
9.6% Every team does it

9) Was the punishment handed down to the Patriots earlier this year (fined $250,000 and lost the 31st pick in the 2008 draft) just?
71.4% Yes // 28.6% No

10) Should the Patriots face further punishment because of the videotapes Walsh submitted to Goodell?
53.4% Yes // 46.6% No

11) Is Spygate over?
44.4% Yes // 55.6% No

Total Votes: 44,790

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back