PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ridiculity Reaches New Heights : Ravens planning for Ray Lewis statue

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Well, that was quick. The Baltimore Ravens are planning to erect a statue of Ray Lewis outside of M&T Bank Stadium less than a week after the team won Super Bowl XLVII in the linebacker's final game.

"I think he set himself apart in Baltimore sports history," owner Steve Bisciotti told ESPN's Jamison Hensley, "and we will certainly look into it and I would not be surprised if there is one in the next year or two."

Baltimore Ravens planning for Ray Lewis statue - NFL.com

Hey Baltimore i have an idea for a statue for you

20071201-princeton-12-statue-man-with-knife.jpg

What are they going to make it out of? Crimestone?

So much comedic potential here...

I believe a statue is a bad idea. They should build on the old Disney animatronic hall of presidents concept: Life size Ray Lewis figure slowly doing the squirrel dance over and over and over again.

Who wouldn't love that?

So much comedic potential here...

I believe a statue is a bad idea. They should build on the old Disney animatronic hall of presidents concept: Life size Ray Lewis figure slowly doing the squirrel dance over and over and over again.

Who wouldn't love that?

Maybe the statue should wear a white suit :rofl:

And Jonathan Ogden gets nothing.

Erecting statues of athletes is a disgrace, not just for Ray Lewis. It shows that our priorities are backwards. The same is true for statues of politicians, or naming streets and bridges after them or their relatives. WTF have any of them done to deserve that kind of recognition?

Oh yeah, one more thing. They better put the Lewis statue in a well lit place. It's going to take a lot of abuse.

Erecting statues of athletes is a disgrace, not just for Ray Lewis. It shows that our priorities are backwards. The same is true for statues of politicians, or naming streets and bridges after them or their relatives. WTF have any of them done to deserve that kind of recognition?

Oh yeah, one more thing. They better put the Lewis statue in a well lit place. It's going to take a lot of abuse.

Huh? Are you suggesting we should have never created the Lincoln Memorial? Who exactly deserves this kind of recognition in your mind? Only military heroes and those who changed society through societal movements like MLK? Nobody?

Please, enlighten us all as to where our priorities need to be. That Jefferson Memorial is a total disgrace.

He should get his own section on this website. Seems like nobody can stop talking about him. It's annoying as hell...I come here for Patriots related things, not Ray Lewis.

I said Baltimore should build him a statue at the end of my rant from another thread in response to someone defending Lewis. Seriously?

Johnny Unitas, Cal Ripken jr and then you have Ray the thug Lewis. Are they so desperate to have another statue just because there are so few famous athletes from Bmore?

for pigeons to poop on? I wish I were a pigeon.

The crap that some of you get worked up over never ceases to amaze me

An eternal flame would be a nice touch.

Fueled by burning clothes.

The crap that some of you get worked up over never ceases to amaze me
I know. Murder is so trivial and inconsequential.

If a Lewis statue is erected outside that stadium, it's only because God wants it.:behindsofa:

...I come here for Patriots related things, not Ray Lewis.
Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots

I hope this quenches your thirst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing