Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ricky Williams to be Reinstated???

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DarrylS, Mar 31, 2007.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

What happens if he is? Do the Dolphins want him, is he still under his previous contract? If they do not, and he signs with another team, say Cincinatti, will the Dolphins get compensated? Always liked his abilities, but what a waste of talent.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
    RICKY TO BE REINSTATED?

KFFL reports that Dolphins running back Ricky Williams expects to be reinstated following a banishment from the league for repeated violations of the substance abuse policy.

There's currently no further information as to when the reinstatement is expected to occur. It previously has been reported that Williams would be eligible for reinstatement at some point in April 2007.

Reinstatement would mean that Williams has passed any and all random drug tests imposed upon him by the league during his time away from the NFL.

Whether the Dolphins will want him on the team remains to be seen. Coach Cam Cameron has indicated that he'll take up the issue after Williams is formally back in the business. At a low salary and with some gas still in the tank, there's no reason for the Fins not to keep him around, unless they're simply fed up with the distractions he has caused and want a fresh start.

Given his affordable salary, he could generate some interest in the trade market from one of the teams that currently needs a tailback.
  2. feelthepain

feelthepain Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I can't see the Dolphins trading him unless they get a really nice offer. Ricky's talent is just too good to let go for a 2nd day pick. The Dolphins would get more out of him by keeping him then they would in any 2nd day pick. The price is also right, he will get league minimum this year which makes trading him even more attractive. Either way it looks like the Dolphins will have the advantage in this situation. Ricky is a hard worker and in 05 was considered a great teammate in Miami. It's also been reported he's in the best shape of his life and looks forward to returning to the Dolphins. I honestly believe he will have a really good year no matter where he plays.
  3. unoriginal

unoriginal Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Whatever Wilis McGahee went for, Ricky will go for half of that.
  4. feelthepain

feelthepain Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ricky has five times the talent of Willis, so if Miami traded Ricky for a 3rd, I think Miami would end up on the short end of the deal.
  5. frankiesfly

frankiesfly Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Traded? Noone would want Williams for free. Williams is washed up, and done. He is no longer competative in the NFL. Even when he was back he sucked.
  6. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ricky Williams has way more value to the Dolphins than he will with anyone else. The only reason he is playing is because of that great debt he owes the team.

With Ricky Williams, the Dolphins have the best 1-2 punch in all of football. If our OL can block a little bit, with our defense and running game, we could be a good team.
  7. frankiesfly

frankiesfly Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

In all of football? lmao
  8. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Name a better one. In 2005 they combined for over 1700 yards and missed a combined 6 games.
  9. frankiesfly

frankiesfly Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2005 that was two years ago. I'll bet Maroney and Morris will be better this up coming season.
  10. feelthepain

feelthepain Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh right everyone wearing a Dolphins uni sucks, got it.
  11. frankiesfly

frankiesfly Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Not everyone, just Williams. C'mon man we all know Williams is done. I can't imagine how out of shape he must be. He was done a while ago. I do admitt i like him a long time ago when he first came into the leauge. You're better off with just Brown there, then bringing in Williams who is'nt faithful to the leauge or your team.
  12. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0

Disable Jersey

Bit of old time football history quiz here.
    When was the last time the Dolphins played in a post season game?
  13. dolphan117

dolphan117 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

A few more details
    Its also worth pointing out that he is scheduled to make the league vet min.
  14. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wow man! That is quite possibly the biggest homer statement I've ever seen. Let's see, Brown is a lot better than Maroney right now, and Williams is light years ahead of Morris. Think before you talk man.
  15. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Your kidding right?

Mcallister and Bush are EASILY ahead of Brown/Williams. Who knows if Williams even has what it takes to get 4 yards per carry anymore.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  16. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Ohh I know... a half decade ago. Back in 2001. They were beaten up by the Ravens... at home. Since then we've seen a new franchise come into existance, the Texans. We've also seen a new division realignment. The only other teams to not have appeared in a playoff matchup since 2001 are the Lions, Cardinals, Texans, and Bills. Most importantly, since the Dolphins last playoff experience, the Patriots have won three SB's.
  17. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Any tandem that was effective when it counted and got their teams into the playoffs, not a pair a guys who racked up garbage time yards.

Stop singing the praises of a team that has stunk for the entire millenium and then some. If you want to brag, pop in a BetaMax of the '72 season, then tell us how good THAT tandem was.
  18. frankiesfly

frankiesfly Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Think before i talk, weren't you the one who said Culpepper is an elite QB? What a joke.
  19. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

I do think Williams can still be effective. But...come on, you wouldn't trade them for Tomlinson and Turner in a heartbeat?
  20. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Tomlinson gets 90% of the carries out there. I hardly call that a 1-2 punch. I'm talking about in terms of depth at 1 and 2, I wouldn't take any other 2 in the league. This doesn't include the teams like San Diego, Kansas City, or Seattle which have big name runners and just give the ball to 1 guy.
  21. feelthepain

feelthepain Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Bush didn't even have 600 yards rushing and McCallister had about the same amount of rushing yards as Ronnie last year and Ricky is more talented then McCallister, Bush and Brown. Ronnie and Ricky are EASILY ahead of McCallister and Bush!
  22. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Id take...

Bush/D-Mac
    LT/Turner
    Fragile Taylor/Jones Drew
    Warrick Dunn/Jerious Norwood
    Jones/MBIII

ALL over Brown/Williams.
  23. BionicPatriot

BionicPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

More talented than McAllister? What is this, 02? Ricky is older, more importantly, Ricky is out of shape! This post is so ridiculous, it's like arguing with someone who has Dolphin glasses on and never takes them off. Oh well, I guess you'll be dissapointed yet again come January!
  24. feelthepain

feelthepain Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Out of shape?? Whatever Miss Cleo! Older doesn't mean much when Ricky is far more talented then McAllister. This argument is the same kinda argument with every single Pat fan, Miami can't have the best players at any position, if the Pats aren't better then Miami at a certain position, some other team in the league is better then Miami as long as Miami doesn't have the best players. According to Pat fans here the Pats can be the best, but the Dolphins can't be!

BTW, when did McAllister find the fountain of youth and stop aging??
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  25. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +81 / 3 / -1

Disable Jersey

P/K - Miami clearly not the best
    OL - Same
    DL - Same
    LB - Same
    DB - Same
    WR - Same

So, you're basically pissed off because people point out the obvious about every position on your squad except Rb, and you think everyone should just forget that there are better running back tandems in the league in order to make you and other dolphins fans feel better. Interesting argument.

You have to admit, though, the the requirement of simply ignoring the fact that Williams hasn't done anything in the NFL lately is a bit of much.
  26. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

IMO the reinstatement of Williams would hamper Ronnie Brown's development. He needs the carries and consistency to become a top running back, and he probably wouldn't get that if he was sharing time with Williams.
  27. feelthepain

feelthepain Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Another Pat fan that thinks becasuse they have an opinion it's all there is in the world.

You have to admit though the Pats aren't the best team in football anymore.
  28. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +81 / 3 / -1

Disable Jersey

Why would you ride my ass about my post? You are pissed and there is no question about the other positions. I didn't even tell you that you were wrong about the running backs. I just said that you had to admit Williams hasn't been doing anything in the NFL lately.
  29. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Then you're just not very smart. Just because their Dolphins doesn't mean you have to rate them lower.
  30. zarakotas5

zarakotas5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Grass Valley, CA, eh?

I'm a fan of Ricky, but not the Dolphins. Anybody who dismisses Ricky is simply being contrary and their judgement is suspect. Sure, there are many, many questions to be answered. If he does suit up again, the only people who will be dismissing him are narrow-minded and carmudgeonly opposing fans.