PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ricky Williams fails drug test again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drug addicted to marijuana? I think you need to do a little more research.

By the way, you've smelled marijuana before? I hate to tell you this, but if you've smelled it, that means you would test positive.

If you're really so hung up on this, I suggest you run fast if you're ever near marijuana smoke ever again, because even as second hand smoke, it WILL show up in your system.

Probably the worst I ever smelled it on a regular basis was in the bathroom at my high school in the 80s - Felt like I was at a Cheech and Chong convention every school day :D

Probably the worst I ever smelled it on a regular basis was in the bathroom at my high school in the 80s - Felt like I was at a Cheech and Chong convention every school day :D
LOL, I was in high school in the 80s - probably smelled it but was too innocent to know what I was smelling :D

If any Patriots player smokes pot and gets away with it with a clean drug test thats another thing..As the old saying goes "What you don't know won't hurt you" - If a player passes a drug test for some reason despite smoking pot he is lucky and knows the way to get around it,I am sure there is some kind of way to beat the drug testing system.

It's all a farce. It's all hypcoritical.

A pee test you can beat easily. It's out of your system in 3 weeks, maybe less. A blood test, and you're toast. It stays in the blood for months. Urine, not so much.

If the NFL really cared about pot use among its players, then it would give them blood tests.

Of course, then you wouldn't have a national football league at all.

In other words, this is just another one of those hypocritical things that people get riled up about.

So you say this

I don't like the idea of a drug addicted player ON ANY team...and by the way I was never stupid or idiotic enough to smoke Marijuana EVER - It stinks bad enough let alone smoke the crap, If it gets you into lala land for a few hours more power to you,Its pure stupidity.

You like the stuff ,good for you,I prefer my team to have athletes who have not failed drug tests numerous times...Maybe you should become a fan of the Raiders or Bengals where they probably pass the stuff around in the locker room.

I Prefer the Patriots to be a clean team - despite all the talk about character guys on here these days,Bet you Stallworth comes up clean for drug testing when they test him again.

Then you say this

If any Patriots player smokes pot and gets away with it with a clean drug test thats another thing..As the old saying goes "What you don't know won't hurt you" - If a player passes a drug test for some reason despite smoking pot he is lucky and knows the way to get around it,I am sure there is some kind of way to beat the drug testing system.

So basically, you don't want a weed smoker on the team. BUT, if a Patriots player gets away with it, no biggie? Damn, good argument you got there huh? You can't be anymore of an hypocrite.

By the way, since Moss had an incident with weed at some point, I'm sure you want him off the team right?

Last edited:
Ricky Williams once again failed a drug test with traces of Marijuana in his system and cannot apply again till september for reinstatement.

Lets stop this nonsense of wanting this drug addicted,overrated bum on this team - Its stupid to even think we would consider this lying,half witted guy who just wants some more big bucks contract so that he can purchase 'the expensive goodies' all more often,he must be running out of money for the stuff so desperation to get back in the NFL is the only real easy money for him.

He makes Randy Moss and Michael Vick look like mother theresa.

You're a f*cking d*ckhead. How's that?

Last edited:
I don't like the idea of a drug addicted player ON ANY team...and by the way I was never stupid or idiotic enough to smoke Marijuana EVER - It stinks bad enough let alone smoke the crap, If it gets you into lala land for a few hours more power to you,Its pure stupidity.

Bahahahahaaahaha. Major Dad is in the building.

Overreact much?

Yes, when it comes to Ricky Williams, I do. I think it's horrible the way the media has treated the guy, that 60 minutes piece where they call him a "freak" was outrageous to me. His post reminded me of that.

Ricky Williams has severe social anxiety disorder. I know people who struggle with it, and they are deeply unhappy and troubled people. He found that smoking marijuana helped make his life easier, and he's been crucified for it.

Worse than RANDY MOSS AND MICHAEL VICK!?!?

When did Ricky Williams flip off his fans, raise fighting dogs, or say "i play when i want to play?" You have to understand this about the kid, he's got mental issues. When he took off from the Dolphins, it was selfish but he felt like he needed to get out of the NFL for his own mental health. He was studying and living in a tent and relaxing, trying to work with his issues, and people acted like he had just killed someone or done some horrible harm to humanity. It's football, folks. This is a man's life. And if smoking marijuana helps him deal with his problems, more power to him. It's not cocaine or hallucinogens, all it does is mellow a person out and make them hungry. It's a joke that the stuff is even illegal.

I just can't stand moralizers. You don't know what the kid is going through, cut him a break.

That said, I apologize for calling you that. It was uncalled for.

PS at this point anyone who takes a shot on him in the NFL is stupid. I won't argue that.

Yes, when it comes to Ricky Williams, I do. I think it's horrible the way the media has treated the guy, that 60 minutes piece where they call him a "freak" was outrageous to me. His post reminded me of that.

Ricky Williams has severe social anxiety disorder. I know people who struggle with it, and they are deeply unhappy and troubled people. He found that smoking marijuana helped make his life easier, and he's been crucified for it.

Worse than RANDY MOSS AND MICHAEL VICK!?!?

When did Ricky Williams flip off his fans, raise fighting dogs, or say "i play when i want to play?" You have to understand this about the kid, he's got mental issues. When he took off from the Dolphins, it was selfish but he felt like he needed to get out of the NFL for his own mental health. He was studying and living in a tent and relaxing, trying to work with his issues, and people acted like he had just killed someone or done some horrible harm to humanity. It's football, folks. This is a man's life. And if smoking marijuana helps him deal with his problems, more power to him. It's not cocaine or hallucinogens, all it does is mellow a person out and make them hungry. It's a joke that the stuff is even illegal.

I just can't stand moralizers. You don't know what the kid is going through, cut him a break.

Every single one of them dreams of the opportunity to be able to retire and follow their dreams. Their simultaneously mad at and jealous of Ricky for having the guts.

PS: And, yes, I DO know all of the extemporanious qualifications to this statement. And, now, so does Ricky.

Last edited:
Ever have a beer?

You people defending Ricky Williams miss the point. It doesn't matter if it's beer, pot or battery acid he's ingesting - it's about RESPONSIBILITY and good judgment. The guy was suspended, clearly NOW wants to be back in, the drug issue is the ONE BIG THING keeping him out, and he does it AGAIN? He's not to be trusted. What a total schmuck.

This isn't about morals. It's about judgment. Clearly, ironically enough, you seem to have none.

You people defending Ricky Williams miss the point. It doesn't matter if it's beer, pot or battery acid he's ingesting - it's about RESPONSIBILITY and good judgment. The guy was suspended, clearly NOW wants to be back in, the drug issue is the ONE BIG THING keeping him out, and he does it AGAIN? He's not to be trusted. What a total schmuck.

Totally agree with that. But it's not a reflection on him being a poor human being or any of the other things that were said about him in this thread. I'm just saying, have a little compassion.

He's just too stupid to figure out how to beat the tests, and at this point there's so much scrutiny on him that they're going to be popping out of cereal boxes with pee cups in their hands testing him so he's screwed no matter how you cut it.

I honestly don't see why it's even an issue. The one area where I can see that marijuana use could negatively affect a player is in their work ethic and response time. It's definitely not going to make you better like steroids, and it's not a serious health or mental stability risk like cocaine or pills. Especially with a running back, I think they should just let it slide. My opinion.

This isn't about morals. It's about judgment. Clearly, ironically enough, you seem to have none.

Judgment or morals? Either way that's a dumb statement. Back it up for me pal.

Judgment or morals? Either way that's a dumb statement. Back it up for me pal.
I'm not going to say anything about morals but obviously it's bad judgement. Right or wrong, it's illegal and he knows he'll get suspended it he is caught - so it's bad judgement if he does it anyway.

I agree, read my first post in the thread. The response you quoted was directed at someone preaching and had nothing to do with Ricky.

I'm not going to say anything about morals but obviously it's bad judgement. Right or wrong, it's illegal and he knows he'll get suspended it he is caught - so it's bad judgement if he does it anyway.

I think the point is, he cares more about marijuana than football. To each his own. I'm not going to argue with the guy as to which is the better way to spend his time.

Drug addicted to marijuana? I think you need to do a little more research.
Off course he isn't addicted. He doesn't have a compulsion to use. He just said, "Let's see, if I smoke this I will be caught because I'm being tested thre times a week. I will lose my chance at reinstatement in the NFL. I will not make a million dollars. Let's see. Marijuana or no career and money. I'll smoke it, but I'm not addicted. I could not do it if I didn't want to. I just want to."

You can call it an addiction, or a tendency, or a flummery. Call it what ever you want. He has no control over it. He cannot say no.

But he's not addicted.

Pfui.

Oh Man, I bet he gets the killer ****.
Lucky dog.

Seriously though, "drug addicted"?
That's kinda much, I think.
I wonder what kind of testing they use, because the normal probation ones are WAY easy to pass,to the point where it's kinda funny.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey