Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From their "5th Down" column:

Lucky Charm
Could Ricky Proehl be the piece the Colts have been missing in their quest to reach the Super Bowl? Proehl, who came out of retirement to sign with Indianapolis on Monday, is a Super Bowl magnet. He has appeared in three, playing an integral role in all of them. He caught the winning touchdown pass in the 2000 N.F.C. championship game to send the Rams to the Super Bowl, where they defeated the Tennessee Titans. He caught the tying touchdown pass in Super Bowl XXXVI for St. Louis and the tying touchdown pass in Super Bowl XXXVIII for Carolina. Of course, both of those teams lost to the Patriots, something the Colts already know how to do in the playoffs.

:rofl:

Came out of retirement?

When did he retire? He was still a FA as of a month and a half ago.

Someone somewhere (Patriotsplanet.com perhaps?) posted the Proehl signing under the headline, "Colts Guarantee They Will Lose to the Pats in the AFC Championship Game"

Isn't he the moron who claimed "A Dynasty is Born Tonight"? :D

Isn't he the moron who claimed "A Dynasty is Born Tonight"? :D

He wasn't a moron, he was right. :D It just wasn't the Rams' Dynasty, it was ours. ;)

And yes I agree the stars seem to be aligning for a return match. Always good to see your opponent rotting from within. If we face them in the Playoffs, his experience will help sap their already shaky confidence.

He wasn't a moron, he was right. :D It just wasn't the Rams' Dynasty, it was ours. ;)

And yes I agree the stars seem to be aligning for a return match. Always good to see your opponent rotting from within. If we face them in the Playoffs, his experience will help sap their already shaky confidence.

Dang, I was hoping they would have signed Fredex......

He was half right though, he just got the team wrong.

Yup, ahuh, I remember, I also remember him parading on the sideline babbling "I told, I like our chances" :p Make me laugh just thinking about it

There appear to be at least two universal truths in football:

1) The greatest position in the NFL is backup QB to Drew Bledsoe.

2) If Ricky Proehl scores a game tying touchdown late and you're on the other team, relax. You've won.

Yup, ahuh, I remember, I also remember him parading on the sideline babbling "I told, I like our chances" :p Make me laugh just thinking about it

Umm, no. That wasn't Proehl. That was some guy #32 or #33 who was injured and didn't even have pads on. Where you are confused is that the guy was yelling that after Proehl's tying TD. I have that first 3GtoG video just about committed to memory.

There appear to be at least two universal truths in football:

1) The greatest position in the NFL is backup QB to Drew Bledsoe.

2) If Ricky Proehl scores a game tying touchdown late and you're on the other team, relax. You've won.
Especially if he scores over #22. With the Rams, he scored over Allen and Panthers over Samuel. Both wore #22.

Umm, no. That wasn't Proehl. That was some guy #32 or #33 who was injured and didn't even have pads on. Where you are confused is that the guy was yelling that after Proehl's tying TD. I have that first 3GtoG video just about committed to memory.

Ya, well, its been a while. But I still laugh when I think about it.

On that TD though, I still remember that sinking feeling, wasn't that after the McGinist(sp) holding penalty? I thought "oh no, not another "Too Many Men on the Ice". You have to be an old time Bruins fan to remember that, that was the penalty that cost the B's a play-off game against the hated Les habitants (Canadians) which ultimatly cost the Bruins the Stanley Cup. Anyway I was thinking "Here we go again". Thank God for Tom Brady, and that he wasn't listening to John "Play for overtime" Madden

You're right, it wasn't Proehl. Proehl said, after his TD, 'it isn't over 'til it's over.' I tried to look up that other guy's name, but couldn't find a 2001 Rams roster in a couple minutes or so. Trung Canidate? The other funny thing that was caught, not on the 3GtoG video but in another NFL Films tape was that guy's buddy saying "that quarterback is overrated" (he didn't mean Warner). Laugh my ass off every time I hear that.

You're right, it wasn't Proehl. Proehl said, after his TD, 'it isn't over 'til it's over.' I tried to look up that other guy's name, but couldn't find a 2001 Rams roster in a couple minutes or so. Trung Canidate? The other funny thing that was caught, not on the 3GtoG video but in another NFL Films tape was that guy's buddy saying "that quarterback is overrated" (he didn't mean Warner). Laugh my ass off every time I hear that.

Dexter McCleon was the guy saying BB and Brady were "overrated". On the video, it comes sometime after Brady burnt him like a marshmallow on the Patten TD. However, sometimes those videos do take some of those bench comments out of chronological order.

BTW, on the excellent new NFL Network video on the 2001 team, Brady enjoys saying "Dexter took the cheese" on Patten's fake to the corner which left him open to catch the TD over him.

Good times.

Ya, well, its been a while. But I still laugh when I think about it.

On that TD though, I still remember that sinking feeling, wasn't that after the McGinist(sp) holding penalty? I thought "oh no, not another "Too Many Men on the Ice". You have to be an old time Bruins fan to remember that, that was the penalty that cost the B's a play-off game against the hated Les habitants (Canadians) which ultimatly cost the Bruins the Stanley Cup. Anyway I was thinking "Here we go again". Thank God for Tom Brady, and that he wasn't listening to John "Play for overtime" Madden

I think Warner scored their first TD making it 17-10 on the QB sneak right after the GREATEST PLAY THAT NEVER COUNTED. I believe I've never been so hysterically out of control as when I watched Tebuckey pick up that fumble and EFFECTIVELY LEAD OUR HISTORICALLY PATHETIC PATSIES TO THE PROMISED LAND. It was the most ridiculously delicious moment in sports history to these eyes......and it lasted only a moment. When I saw the flag after the TD I worried that Warner maybe was not so full of $%)! with all his God stuff.

The Proehl TD actually came 8-10 minutes later, near the end of the game (actually with 1:21 left to be exact....1:21 now a beloved number in Pats history!) to tie up the game and cause millions of New Englands to begin fretting over how to handle the impending pain over losing the big one after the Pats had it 17-3 going into the 4th.

What a rollercoaster of emotions that night.

When I saw the flag after the TD I worried that Warner maybe was not so full of $%)! with all his God stuff.

I had a similar thought, although it was more along the lines of being concerned that the Red Sox curse was spreading. The thing about that penalty that really sucked was that it was fourth and goal, so it resulted not just in the TD coming back but also in an automatic first down. The TD was awesome, but ultimately it was overkill. All we really needed there was a stop.

That was a brutal moment. I didn't watch that play, by the way. I was too nervous. I went outside and stood on the porch for 30 seconds. I came back in and asked the wife, "is it good." She said, "it's better than good," at which point I heard the worst word in football sometimes -- "flag."

I had a similar thought, although it was more along the lines of being concerned that the Red Sox curse was spreading. The thing about that penalty that really sucked was that it was fourth and goal, so it resulted not just in the TD coming back but also in an automatic first down. The TD was awesome, but ultimately it was overkill. All we really needed there was a stop.

That was a brutal moment. I didn't watch that play, by the way. I was too nervous. I went outside and stood on the porch for 30 seconds. I came back in and asked the wife, "is it good." She said, "it's better than good," at which point I heard the worst word in football sometimes -- "flag."

You know, its funny, we all been through cursed play for so long, I bet we all thought the same thing, yet another blown chance. But the dark cloud Boston teams were under was lifted that day. The Pats got one more chance, the ball didn't go through his legs, (metaphore) and the kick was good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back